Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / What is your food weakness Friday? RTT
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:00 AM Edited 2018-04-13 6:18 AM
Mine is oreos.....double-stuf.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:18 AM
Had a serious discussion with God last night outside. Why must Oreos be so yummy and so bad for you? Why must he tempt us? Why can't yummy stuff be healthy for us and please, God, don't start bringing up grapes and wine and strawberries. That isn't the freaking point!!!!!!!!!!!

Today marks like, FOREVER, since I ate an oreo:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last night's Tj game was fantastically horrible. They were so close to winning. Twice in the lead against the best team. All the kids were hitting. They have never scored more than 5 in a game and lost 12-14. Tj batted in 3 runners.:cool: Even though they have lost 12-2, last night was by far the hardest loss of the season. They just played so well!

Probably working overtime today.

Here's hoping my soccer game and Rip's soccer game isn't rained out Sunday.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:30 AM
You probably don’t want to hear this but I’ve never really been an Oreo fan. Sure, I’ll eat one if it’s in front of me, but other than when my nieces and nephews have been here I’m pretty sure I’ve never purchased a package.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:41 AM
Love to hear it......more for me:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 7:04 AM
I've never been a fan either, although I do like the oreo thins in mint flavor and I'm ok with the vanilla cookie types
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:57 AM
I love ALL Oreos. Always try the "new" ones.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:07 AM
Cold Stone Creamery has oreo filling ice cream and it is awesome!!!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 7:03 AM
wow that sound like a great game.

When I was pregnant I really hoped for a vegetable craving but no dice
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:08 AM
:laugh::laugh:

Nursing Rip - mint m&m's

Nursing Tj - vanilla oreos

Both pregnancies i craved tomatos. Which I HATE
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-13 7:36 AM
When we were on vacation in March, one of the road snacks we bought was oreos.  I broke out in an itchy, bumpy all over rash for pretty much the entire trip (where I was eating oreos pretty much every day).  After much thought I think it was the oreos.  :shocker!:  I'm not sure that is an actual thing, being allergic to oreos, but believing it sure makes it easier for me to resist them.  :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 7:38 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:09 AM
Oh that is horrible!!!!!!! It was probably just the cookies. The cream is probably fine.....I wish I could be quality control at the icing factory. OMG I would be so so round!!!!!!!!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:40 AM
--I’d say bread is my biggest food weakness.

--Why does Verizon have to send all of their automated texts between the hours of 11:59 p.m. and 5:59 a.m.? :wtf::mutmad:

--A little queasy feeling this morning. :meh: Meadow must have what I have. She was acting a little off too.

--Going to complete some CEU’s while I’m having my car worked on today.

--The wind is out of control here. Blowing in a bad storm. Chance of tornadoes, heavy rain and hail later today and this evening. :roll:

--The place my mom is going for grief counseling is doing a memorial walk and 5K run in May. It’s on a Thursday evening. I kind of think she wants to go and wants me to go with her. I can do that. :hug: Give me an excuse not to work that night too. :wink:

--Had five massages on the books yesterday. Ended up with two. I’m so done with this.

--Booked a hotel for 2/4 of the nights for FL using my reward points. Will do the other two today. Also need to get the car reserved. Sucks that Priceline no longer does the bidding. That’s how I almost always got my car rentals.

--Hands have been falling asleep a lot lately and even while I’m doing massage. :meh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:44 AM
Hands falling asleep? This is new, isn't it?:sad:

When is your start date?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:55 AM
No, it isn’t new at all. It just got better after my horrible 6 month episode I had that started last July.

June 4th is the start date. And, I have nearly a week (I’ll work one day) off in May so that will help.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-13 6:57 AM
Queasy? PG? :mischief:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:09 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:41 AM
Ha! That’s what Iowa asked too. No chance. Meadow isn’t pregnant either. : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:09 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 7:05 AM
Hope the weather isn't as bad as predicted tonight

The memorial walk sounds like a great thing :hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-13 7:38 AM
I can't get over how bad so many of your clients are.  :mutmad:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:44 AM
It’s the public in general. I think it’s getting even worse. No one has any sort of accountability or consideration for anything/anyone anymore.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 7:03 AM
Lately it is any sort of junk food - it could be cookies/cupcakes, ice cream, candy, french fries, whatever. If it is bad for me, I want it

I ran yesterday morning! I had to walk twice, and it wasn't a long run, nor was it fast, but it happened. And now I'm super sore today

This afternoon is a half day training sessions for most of the office (but not me). Going to be quiet which should mean getting stuff done but will probably mean leaving early

Mid 70s today! Of course the temps will fall again over the weekend but today is nice

I have random Elmo youtube video songs stuck in my head :cry:

Need to finalize my niece's birthday present for tomorrow. I have such a hard time shopping for her nowadays.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:21 AM
Yay for running!:cool:

My kids never watched Elmo. But the wiggles, oh man.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 7:39 AM
we don't watch it either. He used to be obsessed with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse songs and when he was being crazy during diaper changes we would pull up Mickey on the phone and the song would make him happy. Then some random Elmo songs have come on and he really liked them so started using that instead. But now if he hears it he starts to freak out because he knows it is diaper time :laugh:

The Wiggles are weird!  My niece liked them and my parents gave me a couple DVDs of it, I put one in and he had no interest in it and I couldn't even stand to watch it. I think I do better with cartoons than with adults in kid shows :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:10 AM
Mickey Mouse clubhouse had Tj addicted, too:hug: Better than Caillou:shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 8:24 AM
The only channel we have on for him is Disney Junior, I dont mind watching those shows so we will keep it for now :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 10:14 AM
Yeah, disney junior is awesome.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-13 7:39 AM
Elmo!  :grin:  We took the kids to Sesame Place for our first family vacation and Anthony went on set for Elmo's World and danced with Mr. Noodle.  :laugh:  He was quite the ham even then.  :laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:44 AM
How old is your niece?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 8:09 AM
Just turned 9.  I found a Harry Potter game that I think she will like and my brother said she doesn't have it. Fingers crossed Target store has it (online says it is in stock)
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-13 7:50 AM
*My weakness is pretty much anything sweet.  I have a sweet tooth like no one's business.  :cry:

*Got out and ran before 7:30 this morning.  I feel like I earned my gold star for the day.  :laugh:

*Ok, so we've always done this thing with Ellie where if she has something in her mouth she shouldn't be eating, we will exchange it for a treat.  She drops the yuck, we give her the treat and throw the yuck away.  It's been like this for years without issue.  It doesn't happen much but we can get, usually it's a piece of a toy she's chewed off, away without her swallowing it.  The last few days she's been eating bark chips.  And now bringing one in the house with her.  She goes right to her spot on the rug and sits and just looks at us.  Then she drops it, clearly expecting her treat.  :laugh:  She's definitely learned to work the system. 

*I'm working today.  This client never remembers when I'm coming, every 4th Friday, as she scheduled.  Most months she calls when it gets close to ask when I'm coming.  Last Thursday night she texted me to tell me the door would be unlocked.  I texted her back telling her I wasn't coming that week.  I leave her a card with the next date every single time.  I don't know what else I can do for her.  :roll:

*I hate making phone calls.  I have to call a doctor's office and follow up on a referral this morning and I'm just dreading it.  Why do I have to be the one to coordinate between 2 doctors?  Oh yeah, because one of them isn't doing their job.  :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

*My dad got released from his surgeon today.  :happy:  He's still going to the gym because this month is still paid for and he hates to waste it.  I kind of want to go in and pay for another month and have them tell him he got an extra month free so he'll keep going because I know it's doing him so much good.  :blush:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:56 AM
Sarge has our number too. Every time we leave we have to give him a treat so he won’t follow us. Sometimes that equates to 6-8 treats per day. Hence, his nickname “The Ol’ Roy Boy”. :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-13 8:01 AM
:laugh: They are so smart.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:11 AM
:laugh::laugh: Smart dog!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-13 8:11 AM
:laugh::laugh: Ellie  smart dog

I like the idea of paying the extra month if you think he will keep going
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / What is your food weakness Friday? RTT