Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Blew In Dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-04-13 5:13 AM
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-13 5:13 AM
Thursday the temperature was so much better that I dressed for rain and hit the trail. I saw a pair of Cardinals, Red Wing Blackbirds, Geese and Ospreys. Gulls were around also. That’s a new bird for that area of the river. Also saw Fox and Black Squirrels. It was a great 50 minute run and my knee did well on the downhills.
Today is classes so I will probably run a bit on the TM there. Yoga also.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-13 11:14 AM
Outdoor weather is here! I just hope it stays.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:45 PM
Bird watching run! Gulls? In Ohio? Oh well...since they are the state bird of Utah I assume gulls are found all across the continent.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:48 PM
And a bit of Googling later reveals the Weird Fact of the Day: there are no seagulls in Hawaii. Not permanent residents, anyway. They might visit but the environment is not suited for those feathered scavengers, so they don't stay for long.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-13 7:58 AM
I'm wearing running clothes in case I get to run 2miles today.

I have my first 1/2 of 2018. Plan to review the course tonight. I have run it befbut that was 5 years ago. The race has a reputation for PRs. Not sure if that is weather or course related. 30ish temps predicted.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:45 PM
Good luck on the half! Those temps sound good as long as you dress for them -- layers and warm gloves.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-14 4:28 AM
It's 45 now so I'm in a short sleeve (club singlet over the top) and shorts. Taking long sleeves for back up.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-14 6:37 AM
Best of Luck!  :grin:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-14 6:32 PM
Thanks. It was cold and I was freezing. Long sleeves and gloves next time.:laugh:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-15 8:40 AM
Congrats! :cool: Sorry about the cold arms...and no long sleeves to pull the hands into. :sad:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-15 9:07 AM
A lesson learned...: pbbt:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-13 10:34 AM
Trainer day.  Back and core.  Then cardio on the elliptical.

I'm in a grumpy, pissy mood.  So I got my lunch, ate it outside, and then took a walk.  A little more than a mile.  Sadly, I'm still grumpy and pissy.  :laugh:  Hiding in my office with the door closed, seems safer for everyone.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-13 11:14 AM
I hope the grumpy pissy mood goes away.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:44 PM
Sorry about the grumpy mood. Hope things improve.

Office. Door. We remember such things...
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:37 PM
2 miles of running and 5 miles of walking. Gorgeous day so P and I went out in the jogging stroller. Ran some, then we stopped for an hour to play in the creek and feed the geese, and then we walked a bunch. Such a nice day.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:44 PM
7 miles total? Not bad!

How far along are you now?
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:43 PM
Did it ever! Santa Ana winds here, the gusty ones that make me look worriedly at the ridgelines to see if there's smoke drifting. And a bit of a cold front, I almost wished for gloves this morning.

Home again, still coughing, still can't talk. Most people think I was yelling either at my kids or at an underwriter. (Nope. Neither.) The good thing about laryngitis -- the ONLY good thing about laryngitis -- is that nobody questions one's calling in sick. I sound so awful that everyone who has heard my voicemail has told me to stay home and get well. A regular cold usually doesn't get this reaction.

Despite being sick, I feel well enough to run. So, 6 miles this morning. Had to wave and smile and not say "good morning" to anyone who crossed my path, but at least the run is done.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Blew In Dailies