Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / THURSDAILY Thoughts
- - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 7:36 AM
Doing my forum duties today. Run/workout, random thought(s), reply or post at your leisure.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 7:43 AM
6 miles for me and the Lady last night out on the local trail.  Decent run, but the Lady was putzing about as usual out there. Too many dog and people smells. A number of people about but the way we run the loop we only run into them occasionally, but I spend a lot of time switching her between on and off leash. Met a nice excitable liver and white springer spaniel named Coda. Improvement in the weather, but still the air did not feel like spring. Warm, mild, and windy is what I heard forecast for the next few days. Maybe we will get to normal now where cold days are mid 50's instead of warm days being that temperature.

It's mid April and I still have not mown the grass. I will pay for that comment soon enough.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:06 AM
That sounds like a great 6 miles for both of you. I am tired of the weather buffet and ready for so consistently spring days too.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:14 AM
I will pay for that comment soon enough

:laugh::laugh:

Yes, it's supposed to be 74 here Saturday. But I'm still afraid to pack away the winter stuff!:laugh:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-04-12 9:42 AM
I mowed my lawn yesterday for the first time! It was nice but I will be sick of mowing in about a month. :grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:29 PM
Wasn't it 16° there a few days ago? Stop being such an overachiever!: pbbt:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:36 PM
Maybe we will get to normal now where cold days are mid 50's instead of warm days being that temperature.
Yes please!
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-04-12 12:40 PM
Yes!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:21 PM
I get irritated when the dogs putz around smelling things when we are on a walk.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:05 PM
A couple of months from now we will have all the warm we could ever want and then some, but gees, it's been a long and weird winter.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-04-12 5:22 PM
Nice run with LadyB despite her putziness. :laugh: I ran solo in Point State Park in Pgh early this morning before heading back to work in Harrisburg, 3.5 miles on foot and 205 miles in the Commonwealth rental vehicle.
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-04-12 10:55 PM
4.0 miles

11¢ (2 coins)

upper 60s? & partly cloudy at 1500

New Balance 890 Blue #1

-  --  -  --  -  --  -  --  -  --  -  --  -

I have many random thoughts.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-04-13 1:55 PM
ONE DIME AND ONE PENNY!
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:47 AM
I had a great 4 mile run Tuesday. It was an out aback where I started off jogging but finished with negative splits.

Last night was supposed to be a 30 minute tempo run. That whole tempo thing eludes me but I ran a little under 37 minutes (no real warm up or cool down)  and averaged a tempoish pace. I can't maintain the same pace steady, but I can average one by trying to catch the person ahead of me. Isn't that what racing is all about? I have a race Saturday and am debating squeezing in the 2 more miles on my training plan or the 2 solid rest days that are recommended before the race(also on my training plan). This is because the race falls on a Saturday. :wtf:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 7:51 AM
I love negative split runs. Well done!  :happy:

Somehow I am very consistent at pacing. I've actually had people comment to me at races that they were sticking with me for a few miles because I was so consistent. Even in my slow, crappy, hilly trails runs these days I seem to run the same time when I do loop like routes.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:13 AM
Nice run! I'm not good at negative splits, that is very cool!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:25 AM
Nice job on the tempo run! I am the same way with tempos, I can't pace evenly, but it all evens out to tempo pace.

How long is your race? I would take today as rest and do a 2-mile shake out run tomorrow if you feel like it.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:31 AM
It's a half. I am so fatigued today (Thursday is my usual rest day) so I'm thinking 2 miles tomorrow might be the way to go. If I can't do it tomorrow or I still feel tired, I'll just move on.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:36 PM
Sounds like a good plan
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:45 PM
No need to push things after a good effort yesterday!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:23 PM
For about 4-5 years, I was very good at pacing and was typically able to get a small negative split in races.  Now, not so much.  Oh well......those few good years were fun!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:44 PM
I would stick with Thurs as a rest day but would run super easy on Friday just to keep your legs loose.  And good luck on the half!  What are your goals?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:45 PM
I want to finish in under 2 hours. Of course, I'd be even more excited to finish in under 1:55, but training through the winter is not always my strong suit.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 8:08 PM
Here's hoping you nail your goal!!
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:52 AM
3.1 miles, some of them around the Mall in DC.  Some blossoms still out, so that's nice.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:07 AM
You probably have your choivof some very scenic routes. Sounds really delightful.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:15 AM
Nothing like cherry blossoms around the Mall! One of my favorite places!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 12:50 PM
Cherry blossoms... nice!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:53 PM
:grin:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:23 PM
Nice!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:40 PM
Very jealous of the run in DC :cool:
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:11 AM
60 minute endurance spin this morning, felt much better after that!:happy: I'm ready to tackle today now. Not very many dogs today, but lots of house stuff, some grocery shopping. We have some metal, decorative security doors in front of our front doors to the house. They're really ancient, they were there when we bought the house. At some point the door handles and locks came out, and now we just pull the bars on the top part to open the door. I want to find a lock set that will work with the door, I know which one I need and the brand, and I can't find it anywhere, not in Home Depot or Lowes, not online... I could probably get a locksmith to order it but the cost will be over $300 just for the part.:meh: We've got other things to take care of, not sure I want to do that. But if I hear "Millenials expect perfect move-in condition" from a f*cking realtor one more time, I'm going to cut someone.:mutmad::laugh: Maybe the millennial shouldn't look at a house that was built in 1902?
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:37 AM
Having people look at your house and dealing with realtors are of the reasons I don't think I'll be moving any time soon.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:39 PM
:laugh: Yeah, when I moved in, in 1999, I swore they'd carry me out of this house in a wooden box, it was such an ordeal. But that was before the economy tanked in '08...
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:35 PM
Millennials can afford houses in Glen Ridge? :wtf: Any hits on a new house for you guys? Where all are you looking (if you don't mind sharing)?
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:45 PM
Apparently. I guess if they're paying $4K and up a month for one or two BR apartments in the city, the mortgage and taxes don't scare them? We only just started looking at a new place last weekend, in Bloomfield and West Orange, maybe Clifton. If we sell our house for our minimum, we can pay cash for the next house, and the relatively higher taxes in those two towns are still much lower than what we pay now. Philip wanted to look way out in Long Valley and around there, but I feel like, I have so few friends here, and no family, and I'm not from Jersey, that I'm not willing to go that far away from what I'm familiar with.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:35 PM
Nice! :cool: Good luck with the house hunting!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:39 PM
Thanks!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:39 PM
Ten years ago, I wouldn't have put as much stock in your wish to stay close to some of your friends, but now, I totally agree :hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-13 8:13 AM
Me too! But over the years I realize how isolated from family I've become living here, and I'm just not willing to start over.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 12:50 PM
Wait to the realtor shares actual home buyer opinions with you. I wanted to find some of those people and smack them. :laugh:

Your security door is cracking me up though... as not being very secure!  : pbbt:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:44 PM
Oh yeah, I can't wait.:roll:

:laugh: This house is shooting fish in a barrel for any would be burglars. When Harry was two years old, the l'il bastard closed the front door right after I stepped onto the porch, locking me out. He stood there laughing. I (6 months pregnant at the time:laugh:) just lifted the ancient window into the living room and climbed back in. If I could do that in about 45 seconds, a pro thief could do it faster. Got an alarm system the next day. About 5 years later we got Loki, and then the rest of the gang. With our attack chihuahua, I dare anyone to try to break in!: pbbt:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:27 PM
Yes, they expect perfect move-in condition.  I'm holding my breath the closing on rental house occurs as scheduled next Wednesday as the place was only "close" to perfect move-in condition.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:47 PM
Fingers crossed for you!

But hey, I expected move in condition when I moved. Didn't get it. Dealt with it. I don't understand how the market could be so hot here, according to the realtors, but still need perfect condition to sell? I'm not putting 50K into this house if I'm not getting at least a 2:1 return on the investment, no way.
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:34 AM
The daily title reminds me of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey and I just looked some of them up and was laughing at my desk at work. :laugh::laugh: People must think I've lost it. : pbbt:

No running again today. I have a vball match tonight (at 10pm :cry:) and we shall see if I can actually jump. :shocker!: Likely I will just not play very hard since I am definitely not recovered from Sunday. I am targeting Saturday for my first run back. :happy:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 12:48 PM
I was usually disturbed by Deep Thoughts.

10pm volley ball is crazy.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:27 PM
Yeah, I would not be going to that volleyball game.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:36 PM
I have a work thing till 8:30, so I'll still be in the area, which is literally the only reason I am going to the game. I think we have 7 people for the game so if I'm not up to playing we can still field a team.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:33 PM
Yeah, the volleyball is a big heaping plate of "NO!" from me, too.  Be careful.  :hug:
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-04-12 9:46 AM
Been mostly putzing around since Umstead. Monday traveled a bit around NC visiting pottery places. It's a "thing" in part of rural NC. Some beautiful stuff and interesting conversations. This one woman potter has done a bunch of work for films--creating historically accurate plates and mugs and stuff. She also had this huge fireplace in her shop. I guess fall is the tourist time for these places, so it was nice to have time to chat with folks. These places are about an hour or so away from where my friends live.

Tuesday was travel day and yesterday I spent the morning putting my stuff away and did some laundry. Then I took a nap :laugh: then I mustered some energy and ran errands in the afternoon.

Today I will walk after work if it's not pouring and then do a light workout. Not too sore.. Oh, I have a massage this afternoon too :happy:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:34 PM
Your putzing sounds fun! :happy:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:46 PM
You've definitely earned some putzing around time!:hug:

Enjoy your massage!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 12:47 PM
You have something in common with the Lady. The putzing about that is.

Sounds like your recovery is on track! :happy:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:28 PM
Putz away!!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:31 PM
Yay for a massage.  Enjoy that. 

Did I miss a race report?  Just tell me where to look :wink:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-04-12 1:44 PM
I put a mini report in the Sunday dailies..

Mini RR Umstead 100.  Finished in 29:13. This included about a 2 plus hour aid station stop after 50. I had stomach issues and needed to figure it out. Fortunately I had the amazing Old Turtle with me heading into 50. What a wonderful companion in the driving, cold rain which lasted much of the run. I came very close to dropping at 50 and it’s a good thing my other amazing friend Dennis went home for a break. If he was there when I was feeling so crappy I would not have gone back out. Once my stomach turned around I had no excuse and I listened for a while to the runners around me rationalizing their decisions not to go back out and did not want that to be me. So out in the rain I went! After taking such a long aid stop I was panicked and stressed the rest of the run about cutoffs :roll:. That’s always fun :roll:. Of course I had nothing to fear but I ran the last two loops well with my body screaming and my head so tired. One of the tougher ones for me to push through. My time is pretty slow but I am happy about the finish :happy: Everything hurts :laugh:: pbbt:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:57 PM
:shocker!::grin: Great job getting back out there after the stomach issues! Most people would not have even tried to finish after a 2+ hour aid station stop. And in the rain! Great job! :grin::grin::grin:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-04-12 2:25 PM
thank you :happy:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:58 PM
OMG - you talked yourself back out into the rain after a 2 hour stop?  That in itself is a feat!  Sometimes a DNF is the right choice, but even then, it's really hard living with it.   I'm very happy for you and yeah, I'll just bet everything hurts :shocker!:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-04-12 2:31 PM
I think my experience came into play. Plus, I have a friend who often drops in these and I always say "figure out the problem." I knew some of the things to try to get my stomach to settle down. While many thought the weather was a factor, I really didn't. And we all knew what the forecast was and what to prepare for. So I did not view that as a "legitimate" reason to drop. I changed into dry clothes going through the motions even though I was hoping Dennis would show up :laugh:. In the back of my mind was my Western States ticket. If I didn't have the wherewithal to push through this, I really have no business on the starting line of WS (if I ever get there again). That thought actually went through my mind. Now, maybe I have no business anyway, but that's how I thought of it at that moment at Umstead.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:53 AM
My workout will be teaching indoor cycling class tonight.  Will be the "preview" edition of a Boston Marathon ride I'll do again on Monday morning for my early risers.  I'm keeping the same slide show/video I used last year but I changed up most of the playlist.  A small minority of the riders I typically get are/have been runners and at least but likely not more than 1 per class have run Boston.  So, there's some explaining to do.  Starts with ~4 minutes of warmup to scenes of runners walking to and boarding the school buses at Boston Common and hanging around the HS at Hopkinton...music is a "Piano Guys" cover of Rachel Platten's Fight Song, no lyrics so I can talk over it.  Then starting line images as we begin to the Stones "Paint It Black".  Somewhere early on I have a photo of NASA astronaut Sunni Williams running 26.2 miles on a treadmill on the International Space Station in her Boston bib since she had "work travel" on the day of the marathon.  I dropped in several photos of runners from my club running Boston.  One I'll need to mention is of a woman in our club who has the 2nd longest current consecutive Boston streak for a woman going...30 in a row, so this year will be 31. The woman ahead of her is at 31, going for 32.  If my research is correct, only one woman has run more consecutive Bostons, 36 and her streak ended a few years ago. I have a 4+ minute video of the Wellesley "Scream Tunnel" while a Geri Hallowell version of "It's Raining Men" is playing.

Other random thoughts...it's really difficult to book a room at the Jersey shore for just one weekend night "in season" :cry:  I have a Sunday triathlon (aquabike) in Cape May in early June and I eventually found a motel room just up the road in Wildwood Crest...whew!

It's 64 degrees!  Spring has FINALLY arrived!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:15 PM
Your Boston presentation just gave me chills :cool:  Thank you for putting it together, and a big yay to the 31-streak woman.   Having the fitness to complete a marathon every. single. spring. for 31 years :shocker!:??? 

the forecast gave me chills, too :roll:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:33 PM
Love your Boston ride! :cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:48 PM
Those Boston pictures are so cool! Well done!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:29 PM
What song do you have for Boston College's stud corral?
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:31 PM
Great Night by NEEDTOBREATH
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:14 AM
That sounds like a fun spin class especially for those who run, have run or follow running.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-04-12 10:14 AM
Cyclebar - I just LOVE the instructor. Today was one hit wonders! It was a great ride.
No, there were no mimosas but man that would've helped me not feel my legs so much. :laugh:

Today feels like a Friday. I know it's not but we're close! :grin:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:32 PM
:grin:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 12:44 PM
A session IPA would be appropriate for cyclebar.

Hope your foot is feeling better. PF right? FUPF. :sad:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:29 PM
No mimosas?  I'm so sorry :mischief:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:30 PM
I'm taking tomorrow off of work, so today is my Friday!:happy:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:49 PM
I bet the playlist was great, did it include Come On Eileen?:mutmad:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:15 AM
Nothing like a good class to keep you going!
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-12 10:18 AM
5 miles on the trail. Such nice weather - about 55, tiny tiny breeze. Felt good to wear shorts. I was super slow and ploddy, but whatever. 5 preggo miles is 5 preggo miles.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:32 PM
Shorts! :grin:

And seriously, preggo miles should count double. :happy: Nice job getting them done!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 12:44 PM
I am super slow and ploddy and don't have the preggo excuse.  :cry: :laugh:

Are you over the crud? I had something similar and while I am much better some of it is still hanging on.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:28 PM
Your run sounds wonderful.  It's good you (both) are out there :wink:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:31 PM
I am super ploddy!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:16 AM
Shorts are a breakthrough moment this time of year.  I want to put my hat and mittens a way, but I know we're not done yet.
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:39 PM
3 miles today that weren't as easy as they should have been, but then yesterday's food choices might have caused some of that.  

Thoughts:  I'm trying not to think too much about how many things will be changing in the coming month.  I will leave tomorrow and be gone for three weeks.  In that time, that stupid sweet cat will be returned to our son and DIL, and they will have moved to the west coast.  The spring migration will be over.  The little kildeer whose nest I have been guarding for the past few weeks will be grown and gone. (The babies were kind enough to hatch yesterday, so at least I got to see them before we left :hug:) This morning DH and I moved a lot of the outside potted plants to give them their best chance of survival and I moved the indoor plants to the screened in patio, again, in hopes of keeping them alive while we're gone.   I took down the fountain.  I'll have to bring in the bird feeders, too, but that can wait until tomorrow morning.  Of course I have the usual excitement mixed with dread about the race.  It's all part of the process, I get that, but some of these changes are a little extraordinary.  I'm working on being zen with it all.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 12:43 PM
Oh my... xtreme taper madness, topped off with all that other stuff. Stay strong... I know you will do great!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:32 PM
I missed the news......where is Daniel moving to?
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:01 PM
He's moving to the mother ship: adidas headquarters in Portland, Oregon.  There was a big reorg, and it was move or find another job.  He's been with them for five years, so it was mostly a no-brainer.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:37 PM
Deep breaths :hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:51 PM
I am so excited for you!

At least Portland is a really amazing place to visit!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-13 5:21 AM
Enjoy your trip. Good luck with Boston and all those changes!
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:37 PM
Since I have to do a stupid, 3 mile Gladiator Dash (or some such nonsense) on Saturday with blazergirl, my weekend longish-run plans are all messed up.  As such, today's regular 10 miler was an 11 miler.  Will go to boxing class tonight.  I have a marathon next weekend, so messing around with my days isn't a big deal, but doing a stupid thing like a Gladiator Dash is.....I have no balance or grace and am bound to injure myself. 

In other news, my dorky, super-nerd son just found out he is on the Prom Court.  This has me shaking my head because he really is a dorky, nerd.  :roll:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-12 1:44 PM
Please take sword and shield to Gladiator Dash and report back. Thanks in advance.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:55 PM
Please also take pictures :laugh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:52 PM
Yes!:laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:55 PM
Prom Court? Is he excited or mortified?
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:56 PM
I think you are going to surprise yourself at the Gladiator dash. The stuff you do at boxing has to help with that.

Blazerboy :laugh:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:07 PM
Good point!  :wink: 

Kick ass, Blazer!! :evil:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 4:40 PM
Have fun with BG!
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-04-12 1:55 PM
Just over 9 miles this morning.

Had planned on 10 but running partner was not feeling well and the Y where he normally showers had lost their hot water. I also had a meeting I was responsible for so wanted to make sure I was ready. The hot water was still out when we got back at 8:30 so my friend grabbed his stuff and used one of the showers in our fitness center at work. I *hate* cold showers and wouldn’t wish one on my worst enemy so it was a no-brainer to extend the offer to him.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:08 PM
9 is almost 10, it's good.  And look at the karma you garnered by saving your RP from a cold shower !!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-12 2:53 PM
Cold showers are the worst! You are a good man!:hug:
- - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-04-12 3:38 PM
11.4 miles, according to the footpod.  I was pretty sure I ran a bit faster than the overall pace it gave me, but until I get it recalibrated, I'll go with what it said.
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-04-12 6:42 PM
Have you ever checked out the Stryd footpod?
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-04-13 1:06 PM
No, but thanks for mentioning it.  I did take the footpad on the same pair of shoes out for a run where I know the measurements, and it turns out, it's calibrated pretty well at the moment.
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-04-12 5:20 PM
An hour on the lake in the kayak, saw probably 20 loons.

The weather the next three days is supposed to fluctuate between thunderstorms, freezing rain and snow. :meh:
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-04-12 6:42 PM
Mirror-like reflections on the lake today?
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:48 PM
:mutmad::laugh:
- By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-04-12 6:49 PM
10.2 miles today after a rest day yesterday.  Why is it more of a struggle to run after a day off?  It's all in the head of course - maxHR and aveHR were lower today then on Tuesday.

Managed to get in a couple of hours of drywalling yesterday with the time I wasn't running.  Another couple of hours and that will be done.  I still have to pain the underside of the deck before permits can be signed off.  That the deck is 18 feet in the air is providing some disincentive for the task.  It snowed last night, so that's not helpful either.  Between the snow and rain, the structure hasn't really had a chance to dry out properly to be painted.

Headed to Monterey for the weekend.  At least it won't be snowing there.
- By sideshowbob Date 2018-04-12 7:51 PM
DW finally talked me into an upgrade from my hand-cranked iphone  5 model to iphone 8. So I spent 3 hours and 3 different visits to the local  Verizon store before the new one worked to my satisfaction. The store personnel have the attitude that everybody is as tech savvy as they are, talk very fast and even faster button pushing. :roll::roll::roll:

So i took a much needed 3 miler to burn off my frustration , but then it started to rain and turned cold. :meh:

Not one of my better days.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / THURSDAILY Thoughts