Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday April 12th
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:04 AM
Yesterday was a record day for posts!  Want to try it again today?

Seems we missed national farm animal day on 4/10.  What's your favorite farm animal?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:07 AM
I never met a pig I didn't like.  I'm thinking roast pork, chops, ribs....:laugh:  In fact I roasted a pork loin yesterday with chili jam smeared all over it and it was out of this world!

I am most likely on a no workout regime until Tuesday.  It is driving me crazy.  Misha too.  Our longest walk is around the block.:sad:  The weather is great and I'd like to do yard work but that is on the no no list too.

Tell me what you're up to and I can live vicariously.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:38 AM
Good morning, Dawn! I LOVE me some pulled pork BBQ!! Also, I think cows are cute!

I know what you mean about not being able to get outside and do things! My allergies have started acting up with all the pollen here and it's making me crazy! I finally feel better from Sunday's accident, I get the two invalids out of my house, and NOW the allergies decide to kick in??!!:mutmad: And Alex-wow, when her surgeon told her on Tuesday that she can't do kickboxing for 6 weeks, I thought we would have to give her a sedative!! Of course, kickboxing is her "running," so I totally understand.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:49 AM
I think cows are cute too - I love their eyes!  I had one stick his head inside my car one time though and I've been frightened ever since.:shocker!:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:32 AM
Bacon!  Yum, yum!

You will be up and running in no time.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:21 AM
Trying to go to the office and then the gym afterwards is tough. Years of working from home have ruined me for that routine. All day long I just want to get out and go run or workout.

So today I tried getting up early and running before work. 3.18 miles in the dark park. Now I am more relaxed at work and I won't have to stop in a crowded gym on the way home.

Even though I was out running by 5:30, there were 3 people at the park fishing. The pond there was stocked with thousands of golden trout and I guess it is fun to catch them. :wtf:  It's a far cry from the people pulling out big fish and even some sharks on the pier in Navarre that I saw on vacation.  It's kind of sad to see these guys at the little pond after being in Florida.

My favorite farm animals are the cows in Pennsylvania that supply the milk used to make Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in Hershey.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:40 AM
Good for you, Dave for getting out there early! Peanut Butter Cups:hug::grin:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:51 AM
When I worked out before work I felt superior the whole rest of the day.  I know that is boastful, but  it was a good feeling!

Oh yeah, I love those cows responsible for all the milk chocolate in the world.:hug:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-12 8:15 AM

>I love those cows responsible for all the milk chocolate in the world<

That's why they are considered sacred in some countries.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-12 8:26 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:33 AM
I used to enjoy my early morning workouts!  Felt like I could take on the world once I finished.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:29 AM
I just got back from a quick 1.25-mile run/walk. I am supposed to go out later with a friend for a long walk, but I just had to see if I could jog a bit today. I was having some allergy and mild asthma issues last night, but I was feeling much better and I decided to get out there while I could. You just never know with this crud what the evening may bring. Worst case scenario-I get out there twice today!:cool:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:34 AM
Good job in getting out there Pam!

The pollen is coming down so people are feeling better here.  I am not allergic to the spring pollens just the cedar in the winter.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-12 9:31 AM
I just returned from a 3.6 mile PW by myself.  My walking buddy is still out of commission.  It is nice and cool, a bit overcast. My husband is playing golf later today, so he may want it to stay overcast.

Farm animals -- I don't know if I have a favorite. 

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-12 12:45 PM
PW or not.....you covered 3.6 miles!:cool:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:43 PM
I don't think we are going to meet yesterday's number.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday April 12th