Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Ten Days Thursday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-12 5:17 AM
be freaking random
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-12 5:21 AM
~Yup it's been 10 days since I've run a step

~Yup still sick

~Forgot I had to go talk to a class of freaking 1st graders yesterday afternoon. So much for extra rest

~Not having any way for me to be sick and be covered at work is not an ideal situation.

~Waking up at 2:30 am when you're sick sucks as fucking much as you think it would

~Timing 2 races this weekend

~In the snow

~Very freaking cranky today
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:20 AM
Are the races on the same day?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:21 AM
Nope. One Saturday Morning in Lawrence. One Sunday Morning in St. Joe. (our Sat night track meet fundraiser has been postponed or it would've been 3)
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:35 AM
Are you including instructions in the race packets on how to attach the tags? I’m going to do that this year in ours plus include specific instructions like “Number must be pinned to the front of your shirt”, “Numbers and tags MUST be worn by all participants”, etc.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:35 AM
yep with a picture even :)
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:42 AM
Actually Saturday I'm in Lawrence timing a 5K and Suzi is here because our track team hosts a meet for 700 middle schoolers from St. Joe and KC.
Saturday night was SUPPOSED to be our track meet fundraiser for anyone to come run but we postponed
Sunday morning we time another 5K in town

Just booked another event in KC for Sept.  A combo 5K and 6 hour ultra on a .5 mile steep ass hill :laugh: .5 miles straight up and .5 miles straight down

And meeting with folks to time the Turkey Trot biggest race in town. 800 last year
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:24 AM
What idiot would sign up for that kind of ultra?????????:shocker!:

Good luck at your meeting!

I hope you feel better soon. Being sick, not running, just a circle of yuck.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:33 AM
The same idiots who sign up for a 6/12 hr race around a track in the middle of the night. : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:45 AM
Yeah, but but but

ours is flat!!!!!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:33 AM
--Our race this weekend has the shortest distance race starting at 7 a.m., then Iowa’s race at 8 a.m. and mine, which is the longest one, starting at 9 a.m. Sounds a little backwards to me. But, then again I am in the Ozarks. :roll:

--A couple of my friends have made recent discoveries on Ancestry.com. Gena discovered she has another sister and MJ has first cousin she never knew about. As MJ puts it, when you have promiscuous fathers and uncles this is the norm. :laugh:

--I have a slew of 2nd-5th cousins listed on mine. My mom recognized a few but not near all of them. Her parents each had 8 siblings though so it’s not likely she would know all of her cousins much less their children. Kind of interesting though.

--We got the boysenberries planted yesterday. :happy:

--Spent $104 on Nexguard yesterday. :cry: That’ll get me thru the middle of August for the dogs. Still need to get some Frontline for the cats. :meh:

--Angel got out of her death bed pretty quickly. She was faking it. :laugh: Two days after that episode she took nearly a half mile walk with me and the dogs. I ended up picking her up about halfway along and carrying her because she was a little slow and way out of her territory. Crazy cat. I think she’s going to live to be 100.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:42 AM
That is definitely Bass Ackwards
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:47 AM
It’s the Crappie Run not Bass. I’m confused. :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:48 AM
HAHA :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:25 AM
Rip is begging me to do Ancestry.com. So that will be her birthday present.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:34 AM
Keep an eye out for a discount. They’re always offering $20 off or something like that.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:45 AM
Good to know. Thanks!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-12 6:34 PM
I got mine around Black Friday for about half price
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-12 6:34 PM
I did not have any revelations like that on my ancestry filing
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:21 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry: I can't handle the pressure to be random:shocker!::shocker!:

A Quiet Place - Loved it. To be honest, i would like to go see it again.

Feeling very super mom today. stayed late at work last night to do my own homework. Kids got home, did homework,  Tj read me a book, we worked on Rip's play, did two loads of laundry and went on a 'run'.

I might do the same kind of run tonight, but much much longer time period. So glad I'm loving running again. At least this would be good mental practice for the silly run I signed up for in July. : pbbt:

Already foresee working late tomorrow. 

Still have a $100 bill from Christmas and Q paid $400 out of what he owes me.......would it be bad to buy a refurbed Garmin 35 on Amazon for $150? I'll use the rest for summer camps:roll: If I have to......freaking kids.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:27 AM
I LOVE my Garmin 35. Best Garmin I've had yet and I've had 3 others
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:33 AM
I feel nervous about because I have the old Garmin, which works.....but I want this one......cause i need it :wink::wink:
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-12 6:26 PM
you totally are a super mom!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-12 7:04 PM
:grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-12 6:35 PM
That sounds pretty super Mom!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Ten Days Thursday RTTS