Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wait and wonder Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 5:37 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 5:49 AM
--CPA called last night regarding our taxes. :cool::grin::cool::grin::cool::grin: That’s my happy dance. We’re coming out sweet as can be. :cool:

--Got the blueberries and filbert trees planted yesterday. Hopefully, get the boysenberries in the ground tonight. Need to find a spot specifically for those. Maybe by the orchard.

--Love coming in on my day off from work to do three massages and the second appointment cancels last minute. :roll::mutmad: Ended up sweeping, mopping and wiping down all the baseboards for that hour and a half. At least the office is clean.

--Taking my running clothes with me again today. Plan is to go for a run as soon as I finish up with work. I really don’t care for this running in the middle of the afternoon but it’s my window of opportunity. Looking at my schedule for next week I’ll be lucky to get any running in. :meh:

--Trail race this Sunday. Low is 32, High is 45. Not going to be any too hot.

--Tomatoes have all taken on that third leaf so they are growing like weeds now. I’m not sure how many I have. At least 60. :blush:

--We’re going to get 5 ft. woven wire and fence our entire garden. It’s going to be an expense but it’ll keep us from having to constantly put up and take down and move the hot wire fencing. Plus, it should be more secure in the long run.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 5:53 AM
Refund???
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:17 AM
Yes, ma’am. :cool: Over 20 years of getting clobbered on taxes because I was a single, small business owner with no children I’m certainly relishing in the married/farm life. : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:17 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 7:18 AM
getting married made me owe for the first time in my life :roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:34 AM
Isn’t the kid balancing that out now?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 7:36 AM
nope, it made it a little better but the first year with him (2016) we still owed. This past year we did get a refund, which I'm not 100% sure what changed. The new tax bill should help us a lot at tax time although I know it doesn't help most others.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:09 AM
Yeah, marriage:roll::roll: benefit my booty
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-11 8:57 AM
I think it's your new president that's making things better for its people, no?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 9:33 AM
That won’t take effect until next year. :roll: He has us middle-class folk covered.....uh, where is the “my ass” emoticon when you need it?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-11 5:58 AM
I hope cancellation lady from today is not making the cut when you start your new job.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:17 AM
No, she isn’t one of them.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:10 AM
What is this "race" thing you speak of?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:18 AM
Yea, I know. :roll: Trying to prepare for some “race” thing I signed up for this summer. :wink: I’m running a 13.3K trail run at Stockton Lake. The Crappie Festival.  Iowa is doing the 7.7K option.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 6:44 AM
filbert??

Those temps sound pretty good for a race to me.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:20 AM
Hazelnut. I grew up in Oregon, they were referred to as filberts there. We had several acres of them. Iowa’s family had given me some money when my dad passed away to purchase a tree, etc. in his memory. I thought these would be appropriate for him. :hug: The butterfly bushes are or him too. :happy:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 7:33 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 5:51 AM
Tj's baseball team still hasn't won a game:sad: But he is having fun.

Kids actually went to sleep last night:shocker!:

I've been getting back to bed earlier:happy: Last night - 10pm  Now to start getting up early again.

Thought my laptop was dead last night. Which meant I would have to redo 4 chapters of Accounting class homework to get my 'company data' to be where it is. It did finally start so I made sure to upload all the back ups to my Gmail drive. Just in case. Probably stay at work late today to do my homework here.

Didn't run. Will try to do it after homework tonight. This is why I worry about training for anything. But, in the end I've been getting the runs in. Just not usually the day originally planned.

Extra hours at work this week. :cool:

Four free tix to Braves game on April 21:cool::cool::cool:

Rip's soccer finally has another game this weekend. :cool:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-11 6:01 AM
Back when I followed a plan, even then I wasn't very strict.  I would have the runs I needed to do written down for the week and I would just cross them off as I did them, in whatever order I wanted to do them, on whatever day I happened to do them.  It wasn't the best method as far as ensuring recovery and things like that, but it let me have control of when I felt like doing them or had time or whatever.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:22 AM
When you work and have kids and other obligations this is often the best you can do.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:10 AM
tru dat:cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:12 AM
Free tickets are sweet!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 6:47 AM
glad you were able to save your homework

free tix woohoo. Is it a day or night game?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:00 AM
Next Saturday night:cool:
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-11 8:58 AM
you are a busy mom! seriously impressive how you get it all done... :cool::hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 10:30 AM
Lol...you haven't seen my house. : pbbt: Which is why my old car looked like I lived in it.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 10:32 AM
And thanks! My parents, pretty much:laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:09 AM
~I know you're wondering if I"m still sick.  Yep. AF :mutmad:

~Bout took a Javelin through the sternum last night at our meet :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

~Finally nice weather. For 3 days :grin:

~Just 3 City Champions at our meet last night. Two hurdlers and an 800 runner.

~Been over a week since I've run. I have seriously only run about 250 miles all year. :cry: Might not even be at 200

~National Pet Day
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-11 6:17 AM
Track season is a killer.  Glad it wasn't literally with the javelin.  :shocker!:

Hope you feel better soon.  :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:29 AM
A javelin through the sternum might clear out the lungs:mischief:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 6:48 AM
Yikes on the javelin. Glad you didn't get hit! Although if you did maybe you could have had a few recovery sick days

Enjoy the nice weather while you can.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:02 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:23 AM
That’s about 100 more miles than I have run this year. :blush::cry:
Parent - By pegger Date 2018-04-11 8:59 AM
nice weather - send some north please!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-11 6:16 AM
*I cannot tell you how much I need this day off.  I have done a lot of traveling and trips lately and any day off I had would be packed with stuff to make up for or get ready for a trip.  Not today.  I need to get groceries and run.  :grin:  Other than that, my day is mine.  :grin:

*It's finally going to warm up some here.  Today will be in the 50s I think with high 60s by Friday.  Of course next week we are right back to not cracking 40.  :mutmad::mutmad:

*At this rate, the flannel sheets may never come off the bed.

*I've been playing a lot of Scrabble with Joseph.  Man that kid is good.  He has word placement down to a science and plans out moves in advance.  When I beat him I feel like I've really done something.  :laugh:  I won't play strategic games with him because I know I won't have a chance, but I thought I'd have him in word games. 

*I guess I should be doing some long runs in preparation for July.  : pbbt:  It's so hard to find a long block of free time. 

*Anthony graduates in 3 weeks.  :shocker!:  He said they found an apartment and are supposed to sign this week, so that is good news.  It's very close to Belmont, so he'll be very comfortable with the area and it will be convenient for his roommate.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:31 AM
Glad you are having a day to yourself:cool:

3 weeks:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:

Meh, long runs....you can just run with me:laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:32 AM
Enjoy the day off! Sooooo looking forward to seeing everyone in July. Maybe I'll be over this cold by then.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 6:49 AM
Enjoy the day off.

Does Anthony have a job lined up?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-11 7:54 AM
He does.  He was hired by a marketing company in Nashville back in January.  He's pretty excited about it.  He's even been to a team building trivia night with his coworkers already. 

I'm sad he will be living so far away, but I know that's what he wanted most of all, to stay in Nashville, so I'm happy for him.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:31 AM
Scrabble was our game growing up. By the time my sister and I were about 10 and 11 years old my mom quit playing with us because we’d beat her so bad. :laugh: Still, when we get together we’ll have “best of 5 games” matches. My best ever Scrabble story. Just after graduating from massage school I was traveling around. I was in Moab, UT at the Lazy Lizard Youth Hostel. In the commons room a Scrabble game was going on. This cocky guy from NY thought he was all it and then some. After the game was over I challenged him to a game. He had no chance. :laugh: As the game went on and he kept falling further and further behind, he started making up ridiculous rules to try help him. It didn’t work. I still destroyed him. :evil::grin: It was so awesome. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-11 7:57 AM
I love that Scrabble story!  :grin::grin::cool:  I didn't realize how much strategy was involved.  When Joseph and I first started playing (we play online) I would have much better words than him but he would beat me every time.  Now I look for those 2 letter, complete 2 words, use the triple word space and get 58 points plays.  :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 9:34 AM
I used to know EVERY two letter word that there was and every year we would buy the new edition official Scrabble dictionary. : pbbt:
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-11 9:00 AM
Hi mickeyd! Enjoy your day off!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-11 11:22 AM
It’s so great to see you here again!!!!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 6:47 AM
Going to be almost 60 today and then 70 the rest of the week :shocker!:  I'd love to go for a run after work but it might be too hot

My neck still hurts, although it just feels sore more than the pain on Monday. Can't decide what to do

At the gym last night I saw my profile in the mirror and I legit looked pregnant. My eating is out of control lately and it is embarassing

Did a Medicare presentation for a client yesterday. It was the most interactive a group has ever been which was good. It ran a bit over as a result but hopefully no one minded.

Humidifer was installed last night but still no word on when the upstairs part will be done. Not super impressed with this HVAC company

Apparently we will have to buy air filters from them or it voids the warranty. Their air filters are going to be way more expensive than regular ones.  not cool
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:50 AM
trust me, I legit look pregnant too :sad::hug:

be nice to yourself
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-11 7:20 AM
a coworker just offered me a Chik Fil A breakfast sandwich because she got a free extra with her order so this day is not shaping up well so far :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:32 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:10 AM
Parent - By pegger Date 2018-04-11 9:01 AM
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:01 AM
Too hot:shocker!::roll:: pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:37 AM
I have a code for $50 “super cash” toward a $125 Old Navy purchase (expires, 4/15) if anyone is interested. I’m not going to use it.
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-11 9:15 AM
* took yesterday off for doctor stuff...just preventive. had 2 fillings done at dentist. :cry:

* going to run more regularly - Tues/Thurs/weekend sometime - and aim for a fall race.

* today feels like "coworkers annoy the crap out of me" day - seriously.

* no dinner plans - I am out tonight so la familia is on its own.

* huge jam session this weekend! looking forward to some music therapy!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-11 9:36 AM
I’m still in shock you’re not drinking. I tried it, I didn’t like it. :laugh: I have to have a little wine in my life. : pbbt:
Parent - By pegger Date 2018-04-11 9:44 AM
: pbbt: I had to have a LOT of wine in my life :wink:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-11 10:31 AM
Yeah, like what is the point of that?:wtf::wtf:: pbbt:: pbbt::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-11 11:23 AM
That doesn’t sound like a fun day off at all. :sad:

Do you have a fall race/distance in mind?
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-12 6:27 PM
yes, I want to run another half marathon I think. I seem to enjoy that distance. if I can get the ole body feeling better then yeah. I think the trick is to stay active and stretch.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-12 7:43 PM
Half marathons are a great distance. :cool:

It’s a lot easier to stay active than to try and become active again.  I hope the stretching helps. I’ve found I need to do core work or I get weird aches from my form deteriorating with fatigue.
Parent - By pegger Date 2018-04-12 8:35 PM
My doc said core too. Will do.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wait and wonder Wednesday RTTs