Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wake up Early Wednesday!
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-11 5:28 AM
I have my days and nights mixed up.  Woke up at 3:30:shocked:

What time do you normally rise and shine?   Post 'em please.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-11 5:35 AM
I napped a lot yesterday so when I woke up at 3:30 I said what the heck and got out of bed. Normally it is a 5:30 wake up call around here.  I put on a pot of coffee and hung out in the kitchen with Misha and a book.

We are on tap for the first warm day since last October.  We might tempt 60 degrees!  Misha will be a bit miserable in her thick winter coat but I intend to keep the both of us outside as much as possible.

My post-op is going great.  I've only needed Tylenol for pain and haven't even needed that since midnight.  The only down side is the every 30 minute trip to the bathroom.:roll:  Guess I won't get too far from home today.

Have a great day everyone, send me your address if you'd like to receive some of this nice Spring weather.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:19 AM
Dawn-I'm happy to hear that your post-op is going well! That bathroom thing is no fun, but hopefully, it will be short lived! Enjoy the spring weather!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:22 AM
Did you save the stone to put on a necklace or mount on a ring?   I had a stone about 5 years ago and had to wait a week before fitting me in for blaster surgery.  Long week.   Worst part was the do it yourself catheter removal.  Still hurts to think about that one.

Looking forward to your used weather this time around.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:02 AM
My doctor lasered it into dust so there is no stone to save.  I'd have liked to have a look at it though.:sad:  I've got the do it yourself stent removal on Monday; can't wait.:shocker!:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-11 12:00 PM
the what?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-11 2:26 PM
Too bad you couldn't get the stone and polish it up like a Petoskey stone. I picked up a few of those when I was in Petoskey for a half marathon a few years ago.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:10 AM
Hi Dawn.  Glad all went well yesterday, assuming it did.  I bet you feel much better.

This morning it was 32F for my 8 mile run.  Cold the first mile, but then I warmed up.  Nice morning, no wind, and a starry sky.

I get up at 4:00 every morning.  I spend the first 40 minutes or so reading my bible then I head out for my run.  I love the early morning.  Sometimes I wake up at 3:30, but usually drift back for another nap before the alarm goes off.  I know a guy who regularly gets up at 3:30 and loves it.    I'm asleep no later than 9:30 at night. 

We probably won't be in school this Friday.  Many districts throughout the state are sending teachers to the state capital to protest the pension bill that our governor signed into law yesterday.  I have a feeling our district will just shut down on Friday to allow teachers to attend the protest.  I'm not going and neither is Melissa.  Not that we don't care, but I just don't want to be in a mass of a zillion people in and around the capital building.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:12 AM
4:00 is EARLY!! I usually wake up around 4 and stumble into the bathroom....then stumble back to bed and toss and turn until time to get up!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-11 2:29 PM
I stopped to talk to a couple runners at the park this morning. One of them was headed to Louisville today for the T4G conference. I don't know why I am telling you that except that you are a runner who isn't too far from Louisville.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:09 AM
I would love to be there, but I used my two personal days to attend Ligonier.  Makayla is there though.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:17 AM
Good Morning! I am trying REALLY hard to become a runner (okay, maybe more like a slogger??) again and I thought I would check in here with my old running friends!

The past month has been a bit crazier than usual in our home, and it has been a real challenge to make myself get out the door, or even to find the time to do so, but as I said, I'm TRYING! In the past four weeks-Conor broke his patella and has been in a full leg brace and on crutches. On Easter Sunday Alex's appendix ruptured. When they were preparing for surgery, they also discovered that she had a ruptured ovarian cyst. This past Sunday Ray and I were involved in a four-car accident on our way home from Atlanta. We are both fine, just some neck and shoulder achiness. The really tough news though, is that my sister is in the last stages of liver failure. This hasn't been shared on FB because ofShe lives in South Carolina which makes it difficult for us to be with her. I have also been fighting some depression issues, but I'm told that is pretty common after cancer.

Some of you already knew a lot of this from FB, but I wanted to share on here also. I promise I won't spend a lot of time whining about these "challenges,".......I just wanted to let y'all know why I've been having a hard time getting out the door some days.

My plan for today is to do 2 miles-slogging, walking, whatever it takes!

Oh, and I usually get up around 6:00 these days. I also sometimes get in a nap in the afternoon because I don't usually sleep well at night.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:29 AM
Welcome back Pam.:hug::hug::hug:   What can i say but WOW.  I followed you on FB but to read all of this in one post takes it to a different level.  Running is secondary.    

You are an amazing pillar of strength.  Prayers for you and your family.   :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:10 AM
Thank you, Tom! I actually almost laughed when I re-read my post....I mean, you can't make this stuff up! Running IS secondary, but MUCH NEEDED on so many levels!
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-11 9:09 AM
Oh my goodness Pam! Hope everyone is on road to healing.

Yes depression is very common after cancer. I went the entire route listened to every thing I was told and I kept diving deeper and deeper into depression. I wiped my hands of the greedy medical system started practicing yoga and meditation and eating a whole foods diet, cleaned all the nastiness out of my life and I started feeling better. Amazing actually. Hope you start to feel better.

Glad to see you back!!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-11 9:27 AM
Thanks Deb! Alex is doing much better and back at her apartment, so I only have a very impatient 17 y/o to deal with at the moment! If the doctor doesn't let him take the brace off and start driving again, he just may drive us crazier than we already are!!:roll:

I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well! I may bother you for some help with my journey to wellness! I am trying to change some very nasty eating habits as well as some other negative things in my life!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-11 9:29 AM
Sure feel free anytime. PM me or email me.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-11 2:32 PM
I couldn't believe it when I saw that about Alex on Facebook. I don't think I know anyone going through such a wild variety of major things. Hopefully with some support you can get through the depression.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:34 AM
Thank you, Dave. I didn't even mention that Alex was still on antibiotics for upper and lower respiratory infections when she went to the hospital. She doesn't have health issues often, but when she does......:sad:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:07 PM
Oh Pam, I am sending you lots of healing prayers and thoughts.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-04-12 6:34 AM
Thank you.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:38 AM
Run dun.  I try to do some "speed work" running on the smooth piece of park.  It is laughable and must look pretty strange to neighbors.  I really wish I had some local running buddies my ability to train with.  

Aunt Shirley still in hospital, Verizon still has not changed the phone #, and there is still no world peace. 

Today I woke up about 1:30, 3:30, 5, 6:30. .....  when King Buddy the cat would paw my face, walk on me, sit on me....he uses me for his throne.  And he has to tell me that he is going down stairs for a snack, or that he wants a drink:wtf:

Chiro this afternoon.  Adjustment #927. You would think I would be flexible by now!   And it's taxes day 3. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-11 9:26 AM
Most days I get up at 6 am except Thursday it's usually 5:30 am I volunteer at the yoga studio then go to work,so it ends up being a very busy day.

Today I wanted to try running the trail by my house. The trail leading to the main trail was slippery, icky mud with fallen trees and roots reaching up just asking to grab my shoes, and colder than the weather app said. So I thought maybe not! So then I got the wild idea to run the Battle Road. Traffic in my neck of the woods is always a nightmare in the morning hours. So I gathered all my patience and did some breathing and headed out. I swear the breathing and chanting, calming yourself before attempting something you know is going to grate on your nerves has really been working for me. The end of the ramp where NO ONE EVER lets you out this man stops and flashes his lights at me. :cool::cool::cool: It took me over 40 minutes to get to the trail (10 miles). and just to give you an idea how long it should take--I got home in 20 ish minutes with a Starbucks (mmm Matcha tea with coconut milk that started a milk discussion) stop. Was a great run, the first part was tough uphill on a trail I never explored before. It was a slow run -- I was stopping at all the signs and reading about the Regulars and colonials facing off.

Now if I would have waited another 30 minutes and headed out there would have been no traffic and it would have been much warmer...:shocker!::roll:

Have a wonderful day masters!!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-11 10:41 AM
Such an adventure!!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-11 10:52 AM
Wow Deb.  Think I'm tired just reading that.   You trail sounds cool though.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-11 12:05 PM
The trail by the house is very cool. But right now it is a lot wetter than usual, it abuts wetland. But with all the roots and fallen leaning trees I didn't want to chance getting hurt. Once you get on the main trail it's pretty easy, but it's a mile to the main trail and too many obstacles. The Battle road is pretty easy flat trail with secondary trails. I wish it was closer I'd run it more.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-11 10:53 AM
Rob,  Are you there lurking?   New Job???  100 mile race???  Diego?
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-11 12:02 PM
Inquiring minds.....
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-11 2:26 PM
4ish miles PW this morning,  Now home relaxing and readers newspapers!  

Have a food Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and the weekend! :blush:

Probably 5ish miles PW tomorrow. :cool:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-11 2:43 PM
I don't set an alarm but I wake up between 5:30 and 6:00. Whether I read, run, or go to work depends on the weather and how I am feeling. If things go well in the bathroom (TMI) then I'll usually do a run first, but sometimes I have to have some coffee and read a bit first.

Yesterday after work I stopped at the gym and ran 3 on the treadmill. I had gone to the mall foodcourt at lunch and I let the guy behind the counter talk me into a large cheesesteak sandwich ("It's just 82 cents more than the regular") and to put bacon & cheese on my fries.  I was so sick the rest of the day I thought I was just going to keel over.  So I forced myself through 3 painful miles on the TM to teach myself a lesson. 

Today I worked for a bit and then headed over to the park for 4 miles. They went a lot better than last night's run.  As I was starting, 2 guys were finishing up and we talked for a bit. They go to a church that is 2 blocks from where we go.  They had a group of 10 people at their church train for and then go run a marathon last year in North Carolina.  I think I picked the wrong church to join. I only know of 1 other runner at my church and he just dabbles. I miss the group runs in Michigan, but after 3 years here I still haven't found anyone to run with.  The Michigan group still goes out Tuesday & Thursday mornings.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:05 PM
Oh I used to wake up around 5:00 but now it's about 6:30 - 7:00.  Come summer though, I will have to wake up early to get my walks done before the heat of the day.

My husband and I took a day trip to the hill country looking for the beautiful wildflowers that are out in bloom now.  We found some but not as many as we thought we would find.  We did have a good lunch at a diner.  And the dessert was wonderful -- coconut cream pie with meringue piled high!

I went for a walk late this evening to walk some of those calories off.

Good night!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wake up Early Wednesday!