Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / TuesDaily and I'm Hungry
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 10:49 AM
Post 'em.  What do you snack on at home and/or the office during the day?
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:38 AM
8 miles with strides this morning. Had a bit of an awkward encounter: I did a mile out-and-back for the last two miles, and right before I turned around, I passed a girl running the other way. Then, I turned around and was running behind her, but slowly catching her. Of course, my very last stride ended with me being shoulder to shoulder with her, so I made sure to alert her that I was coming. But then it would be weird if I sprinted up to her and then slowed to jog beside her, so I had to keep running fast so she didn't think I was some creeper trying to chase her down. So that mile was a 6:36 because of that.

I never used to snack, but since having kids, I've found myself grazing aimlessly all day, and on things I usually wouldn't care about, like cookies or dark chocolate. My current snack of choice is dark chocolate covered almonds, or trail mix. Must be the sleep deprivation.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:50 AM
I'm a firm believer that creepers don't run 6:36 miles, especially early in the morning.  I suspect you did not creep her out.
Parent - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:59 AM
I always feel weird when I am barely running faster than someone and I decide to pass them. :laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:24 PM
She probably knew you weren't a creeper, but thank you on her behalf for going out of your way not to creep her out. :)
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-10 1:48 PM
Will try a short run this evening as most of crud is gone from my system. Still sort of chilly but warmer air is coming this week finally. Geez. It's been crazy. I did do my planet of fitness routine at lunch so I am back on that train again after missing a day last week.

My snacking has become boring. Pretzel chips, yogurt, and fruit for the most part. I try to stay away from Doritos binge as I have been known to think one of those family size bags as single serving portions. Same thing with pints of ice cream. So boring snacking here these days. I stick with IPA for liquid snacks in the evening.
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-04-10 3:17 PM
I do not snack during the day at work. At home it might be peanuts, flour tortillas or those little yellow peppers that Mazetta packages.

-  --  -  --  -  --  -  --  -

5.4 miles

26¢ (2 coins)

63º cloudy & 77% humidity

Inov8 Road-X Lite 155

-  --  -  --  -  --  -  --  -

There will be more running tonight. Not too sure but it might be as much as 9 miles or as few as 4.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 3:24 PM
Today, I found a dime and saw a coyote.
Parent - By IB Date 2018-04-11 7:47 AM
:cool:

From time to time on a run home from work I might see something as interesting as a racoon.
Parent - By IB Date 2018-04-11 11:51 AM
I ended up compromising on the evening distance. Ran to the East Bay Beer Runners group run location, did the run & ran home after a couple of beers.

1 = 2.0 miles / 28¢ (4 coins) / New Balance 890v5 Blue

2 = 3.1 miles / 1¢ / NB 890v5 Blue

3 = 2.0 miles / 1¢ / NB 890v5 Blue
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-04-10 4:06 PM
10.2 miles again today.  I'll take a day off tomorrow just to give things a rest.  I've managed about 65 miles in the past 6 days, so am pretty happy with that.  I have to make a plan for the next 6 days - well next Tuesday is my first day of intervals in a long time.  Between now and then should I stay at 10 miles a day, bump it up to 12 miles a day, or back off some?

Workout again today was on the TM, so I got to listen to Mark Zuckerburg for 2 hours.  It's pretty startling how little many of the senators knew about Facebook, the Internet, social media, electronic privacy rights, and the like.  How can you possible regulate things when you are clueless as to what those things are?

QOTD:  I generally don't snack during the day.  I usually don't eat breakfast until 2:00 or 3:00 so it usually more of a pre-dinner than a breakfast or a lunch - some fruits, yogurt, nuts, occasionally an english muffin or bagel.
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2018-04-10 5:06 PM
3.5 TM miles with a hill workout did 2.0 miles at 4.5-6% incline.  This is to get used to the effort required to climb hurricane point at Big Sur.

I tend to like nuts (cashews, dry roasted peanuts or leftovers for snacks.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-04-10 6:45 PM
Packed day today, with a hearing in the morning, a 5 mile run along the river at lunchtime and an extra-long drive to Pittsburgh for hearings tomorrow, the drive complete with a detour off the turnpike on secondary roads to get around a tractor-trailer accident closing all westbound lanes. Thanks PennDOT, Turnpike Commission and Google Maps. :hug: I might still not be in Pittsburgh were it not for the warning lightboards, radio 1460 AM and Google.

Anyhow, I am HUNGRY! Ate nothing for breakfast and little for lunch, but now waiting for my dinner at the hotel.
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 10:55 AM
10 miles on a PERFECT, 51 degree, no wind morning!  :grin:  Will got to boxing class tonight.

I do my best to stay away from the Hershey minis and Dove Chocolate pieces which are in bowls around the office.  I probably haven't had one in over a month and for that, I am really quite proud of myself!:laugh:  I try to only snack on "food that grows".  I just finished a small baggie of cherry tomatoes and still have a clementine, some cantaloupe and some strawberries.  While I enjoy all these foods, I still crave to chocolate. :meh:  If I am starving about 4:00 (and I often am), I keep peanut butter in a drawer and have a spoonful or two of that.
Parent - - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:46 AM
I would be doomed if there were Hershey minis around. I would consume the dark chocolate first, followed by dark chocolate with almonds followed by regular chocolate, then regular chocolate with almonds and lastly Mr. Goodbar...
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:51 AM
One lady has only dark chocolate on her desk.  It is really difficult to ignore it.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:25 PM
Yay nice weather! :cool:
Parent - - By Buggy [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:39 PM
Cocoa grows. Sugar cane grows. Milk is produced by animals that grow. Fat is produced either by plants or animals that grow. :mischief:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 1:02 PM
:brilliance:
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:25 AM Edited 2018-04-10 11:51 AM
I pretty much eat "what" I want and that includes chocolate. I do not eat large quantities of anything, but  no food is really off limits. I jokingly call my eating plan, carbs and caffeine. I do not eat if I'm not hungry, but feel no shame eating if I am. I try to eat fruit and veggies first at any meal and I think that helps keep me from overeating.

I'm officially off the hook for jury duty. Name was not called for either of the cases and I was sent home with my obligation fulfilled for 3 years. I had prepared myself to be there for a few days but my boss and coworkers are thrilled and I'm more than a little relieved. So back to work.

I did weight class last night and I have a 4 mile run to get in today. I will try to do it at 2:30 or so and hope the weather is warmer by then. I have a 1/2 on Saturday so I'm trying to let my body recover from the tiredness I always experience with a solid training cycle.
Parent - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:49 AM
I try to eat fruit or veggies in advance, it does seem to help me from stuffing other stuff into my mouth. :grin:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:51 AM
I eat even if I am not hungry if something tempts me.  No self control!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:26 PM
carbs and caffeine
:laugh: Love it!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-10 1:50 PM
carbs and caffeine would be a great book or band name.

Relief on jury duty!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:13 PM
Yay for not being picked for jury duty! I always find getting a notice for it frustrating- no attorney, prosecutor or defense, would put me on a jury, so it seems like a big waste of time.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 3:06 PM
Although I fully believe in the importance of jury duty, I always appreciate it if/when I get sent home.  I was seated once, but then I asked a question about the interpretation of the law in question (guy pulled over for suspected DUI) and was sent home immediately.  Funny thing was, my question was sincere.  I wasn't try to get out of the trial.
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-04-10 3:58 PM
Three years is nice.  Here we get jury notices at least every 6 months.  I don't think it's more often, but it sure seems that way.  Here, just because there is either no trial during your week, or the case is dismissed, if you don't actually serve on a jury it doesn't count as jury service, so technically you can get notices more often.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 4:38 PM
You know I can't complain about the experience. Much more pleasant than a dental visit for example) but the thought  of being chosen (even though I was willing to give it my sincere best effort) was hard. I can't imagine juggling my schedule every 6 mos.
- - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:34 AM
SDO! I always run the day after a marathon (Sun.) then take 2 days off (Mon/Tues).  So, tomorrow I will run a yet to be determined distance. :happy:

Race Report: 16* at start and there was sleet and snow the night before so there were some slick spots.  Ran the first half in 1:44:40 then went straight into a porto to pee. About 3 miles later I went into another porto to "not pee" :meh:  I never have GI issues so it must have been the 14 cookies I ate the night before the race. :blush: After my finish I texted Mrs. Rob: "3:34:59 and I got 2nd in my AG."  She texted back: Way to slack your way to 2nd place.  :meh:

I work from home so unfortunately snacks are readily available.  I grab a hand-full of cashews a couple times a day or get a few pretzels.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:52 AM
You should have limited yourself to 13 cookies the night before the race......lesson learned!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:27 PM
Mrs. Rob :laugh::laugh::hug:

Nicely done Rob! What kind of cookies? :wtf:
Parent - - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:39 PM
When I stopped for gas, I bought a bag of chocolate chip cookies at a nearby Cracker Barrel. :grin:
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2018-04-10 1:10 PM
When you read that sentence, it sounds a little ironic. :laugh:
Parent - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-10 1:29 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 1:50 PM
:grin:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 1:58 PM
Are you asking so those can be avoided?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:41 PM
Mostly just curious because they must have been good for him to eat 14 of them! : pbbt:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-10 1:42 PM
Haha... Mrs. Rob sure took you down a notch!  Go run Boston big boy and see how that time measures up. Surprised she did not say that!  :laugh: : pbbt:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 1:59 PM
Enjoy your rest day.:cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:16 PM
Mrs. Rob.:laugh: Congrats anyway.: pbbt: In spite of the not peeing stops, this was an amazingly well-paced race!:shocker!::cool:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 3:03 PM
Mrs. Rob :hug: always the romantic.
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:42 AM
SDO today. Maybe some yoga tonight.

At work I snack on the same exact things from day to day: bananas, clementines, apples, yogurt, cottage cheese, Kind bars, almonds, Skinny Pop popcorn. At home I snack on all of that but also string cheese, Triscuits, peanut butter, cereal, and ice cream.

Race report forthcoming. Preview: I didn't break 4 hours. I didn't PR. But I hit my baseline goal of finishing upright under my own power, so I live to run another day.
Parent - - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:50 AM
I think they changed something in the formula for Skinny Pop popcorn.  It doesn't taste as good as it did 6 months ago. :wtf:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-04-10 12:13 PM
Agree. I bought a ginormous bag at Costco and it's not very good. :sad:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:31 PM
:cry: I only buy the snack bags and haven't noticed anything different. :wtf:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:55 AM
They brought an ole-timey popcorn maker/cart into the office and make it on Thursdays and Fridays.  If I have a little bit of popcorn, I MUST eat a lot of popcorn, so I haven't tried it yet. It always smells SO GOOD.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-04-10 12:14 PM
Oh! They have one at the local Ace Hardware. Somebody in front of me yesterday grabbed the last two bags. :mutmad:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:30 PM
I am the same way with popcorn! That's why I buy the snack bags of the Skinny Pop.
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:54 PM
That would be the death of me. I cannot resist freshly popped popcorn.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:58 PM
I can hardly ever go to the movies without having popcorn.  An entire bucket.  There are a few snacks like that for me.  I can't have just a bite.  I have to have it ALL!!!!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-10 1:40 PM
That sounds like a lot of snacking! Sorry about the sub4. I chased my marathon goal time for a number of years so be patient... you will get there!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:48 PM
:grin:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:01 PM
I love string cheese.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 3:01 PM
Sargento makes a yummy snack package that is cheese cubes on one side and a dried fruit/nut combination on the other.  They're too expensive to buy individually, but we get them for a better price at Costco and so justify eating them twice as much :roll:

Thanks for putting together the race report.  BTW, were you glad you switched to the leggings instead of the shorts?
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:11 PM
There's a variety of stuff around the house I could snack on.  I try to avoid snacks between breakfast & lunch, the notable exception being on Wednesdays when I bring home a corn muffin from Wegmans after teaching class...with a glass of OJ, it's like a whole 'nother meal :shocker!: 
When my mid-afternoon banana doesn't hold me over until dinner, I'll go for a hand full of wheat thins, Ritz crackers, cheese...sometimes all of these :cry:   At home I typically skip dessert immediately after dinner and have something around 8pm...cookies, cake, etc....whatever we have.

My workout today was sub-teaching 9:30am cycling class and doing hip & shoulder exercises afterwards.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:57 PM
I have never paired a corn muffin with orange juice.  Now I'm intrigued :mischief:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 6:25 PM
Cheese and crackers (especially Ritz with sharp cold pack cheese)  was a favorite when I was a kid.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-04-10 12:13 PM
55 min on the spin bike
60 min hot yoga

I'm feeling hungry too! I just inhaled my salad that I eat ALL.THE.TIME. I snack on apples, cashews, cookies, rice cakes, PB, etc. : pbbt:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:56 PM
Spinning and hot yoga?  No wonder you're hungry!!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 6:26 PM
Does your salad have some crackers and protein? I know that adds calories but it does make it more filling.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-04-10 6:59 PM
Yes!!
I put chopped arugula, a bit of feta, chopped grilled chicken, pistachios, garlic expressions dressing and I eat with a side of Dr. Kracker seedlander crackers. :grin:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 7:06 PM
:shocker!:That sounds anything but routine. Yum!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-04-11 6:52 AM
It's a great salad... I just have it several times a week. I don't grow tired of it though! :hug:
- - By skigirl Date 2018-04-10 12:41 PM
I could eat all day long - I was born with a huge appetite.  All my life, people have been astonished at how much food I can put away.  :blush:  DD is the same way - she can devour a bowl of spaghetti that you would think was a serving for multiple people and then be in the fridge looking for more.  I would chalk that up just to being a teenage athlete, but she was telling me about, when she was at the national biathlon championships a few weeks ago, how she was eating more than most of the other athletes, even the boys!  :shocker!::laugh:

I try to be very careful what I keep on hand, therefore, for snacks - I always have some raw almonds in my office but try to only eat a few of those a day, and snack on things like raw veggies (I bring a large container of those every day), crackers or corn thins (like rice cakes but made with puffed corn) - stuff that will fill me up without a lot of calories.

Workout for today: I'll go to the gym after work for my usual cardio/strength routine.
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-04-10 2:40 PM
It's too bad your MIL doesn't ever bring you cookies.  I've heard they are delicious.  : pbbt:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-04-10 2:51 PM
: pbbt:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:54 PM
A snack isn't a snack unless there is crunching involved !! 

It's a good thing you're a skier.  Isn't that one of the biggest calorie-burning sports ever?
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 6:28 PM
Probably also one of those most appetite inducing (and therefore hunger is  justified) sports also,
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:54 PM
10 miles before work.

We did the 10 miles that were on the schedule for yesterday morning. There were still a few showers lingering around so I wasn’t sure if we were going to stay dry, but they never found us. The Y where we meet (and my training partner is a member) is holding a Free Tuesday’s in April promotion so I went over at noon and we both did the yoga class. The instructor had planned a leg-focused routine that had my hamstrings singing. I plan to take advantage of this for the rest of the month.

At work, I snack on anything that is offered up along the way. Our office is set up so the administrative assistants have shelves along the hall and many have bowls / jars with goodies and I will snag one if I go by. I can’t keep snakes at my desk as I have no will power and will consume the whole bag in one day. :oink:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-10 1:38 PM
Yum... snakes!!! :grin:
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2018-04-10 1:45 PM
There’s a lot of Pentecostals down here. (Snake handlers)

Hey - I will be in your neck of the woods next Friday. Can you sneak away for lunch at a local brewery?
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-10 1:52 PM
Yes, probably so. On-call this week not next so that is good. Still thinking about the FE as well. Seems to be losing a bit of traction.
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:12 PM
Yeah, it is kind of losing a little steam. That’s why I was offering a more local get together.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:07 PM
There’s a lot of Pentecostals down here.:laugh::laugh:
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 7:12 PM
Can you imagine opening a drawer to a bunch of snakes and realizing you meant to pack snacks but you packed snakes?:shocker!:
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:28 PM
4 miles on the TM. It felt really hard :cry: preggo tiredness + lingering effects of a bad cold + just generally being out of shape. Oh well. Better than 0 miles. I'll hit the 2nd trimester on Thursday and I'm really, really hoping for that 2nd tri energy rebound... We'll see...

Snacking? I eat a lot of fruit. I love fruit. I also often eat Annie's Cheddar Snack Mix and Annie's Chocolate Bunnies, which also happen to be P's favorite snacks.
:hug::hug: Hang in there!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:50 PM
Hello?  add to your list the race you ran this past weekend. Uh, you're a working mom now, too, right?  :hug:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-10 3:25 PM
I always rebounded in the second trimester.....hope you will as well!!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 7:10 PM
Tired is a real thing. Don't feel bad. You are doing a lot!
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:47 PM
Got in three easy miles this morning that went easier than yesterday's five miles.  I'm trying very hard to just get through the week without obsessing too much.  Packing is tough because I'm actually leaving for two different trips on Friday.  First we go to Boston for a week.  Then when we get back to Austin, I leave to drive to Portland with our son.  I'm preparing two suitcases so it's a little bit of a mind-bender. 

Snacking :roll:  GF pretzels are a favorite.  Also those Kind bars in the 100 calorie size -- those are yummy.   I also count hot tea with honey as a snack, and I like that every night around bed time
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:49 PM
I'm so excited for you for Boston! :grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-10 3:14 PM
Boston!:grin: You should have that packing down to a science by now!: pbbt: But I hear you on the fast turn-around, that's high stress! My SIL just returned from picking up her daughter in Peru, they hiked and toured the Galapagos Islands:cool:, then she came back and two days later left for a hiking trip in Nepal. I don't know whether to be jealous or happy I'm not her! Who am I kidding, I'm insanely jealous!: pbbt:
- By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-10 3:11 PM
Looks like a USDO. Lots of stuff to do tonight before the house gets a deep cleaning tomorrow. I did an hour of spin yesterday, and two hours on Sunday, so I'm good with a rest day. I usually bring lots of snacks with me when I start my dog walking job, because I have no time to stop and have a real lunch. 10:30 am to 2:30pm is prime dog walking time! All the owners who work in NYC usually leave the house by 7, 7:30, and don't get back until 6:30 or 7pm, so the dogs really need to get out midday. When I'm really conscious of what I eat, I snack on raw almonds or pumpkin seeds, Power Crunch Protein Bars (I get them on Amazon, they are so good and keep me full), and fruit,all in moderation. But when I'm completely stressed about craziness, like I am now with the move, I am eating constantly.:laugh: And then when I get home... well, there aren't enough Thin Mints in the world for that kind of stress!:laugh:
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-04-10 3:54 PM Edited 2018-04-10 4:07 PM
6.3 this afternoon. Quick for me.

8:14
8:08
7:34
7:33
7:14
7:13

This run crossed the 400 mile mark for the year and 15,000 miles since I started keeping track in 03.
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:12 AM
Nice splits!
Parent - By JimGo1 Date 2018-04-11 11:32 AM
Nice run !!!
- - By Tim [us] Date 2018-04-10 7:27 PM
6.1 miles this morning. Last run of any substantial length before Marathon Monday. Tomorrow will be 4 miles, then 3 on Thursday, rest day Friday, 2 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday, then 26.2 on Monday:cool:.

Healthy snacks I try to keep around the house:
Carrots & hummus
Apples
Bananas

Things I eat at work:
Clif Bars
Whatever baked goods anyone brings in
Apples
Bananas

Random:
My older daughter has awful eating habits. I had to stop keeping chocolate chips in the house (useful for baking cookies) because she would eat them as a SNACK.
Where do these awful eating habits come from? Funny you should ask...

My in-laws are generally great people, BUT...
My late wife had awful eating habits.
My FIL has pretty bad eating habits.
A few months ago my FIL was over here and made a joking comment of "Life is short. Eat dessert first."
And one of my late wife's favorite teen memories was that once per year her family would go out for dinner, except they'd go our for dessert first.
So...I playfully chided him with "YOU...and K [my late wife] ... are the reason my kids have AWFUL EATING HABITS". He was thoroughly perplexed - I don't think he even realizes that he has bad eating habits, and it was truly unfathomable for him to comprehend that he had somehow passed those bad eating habits on to not only his daughter but also his granddaughter. Oh well. I still hit the in-law jackpot, just not on eating habits. And this is just a funny, quirky blind spot that my FIL has.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-11 10:53 AM
Just an FYI from the sisterhood......many of us snack on chocolate chips for a few days, about every four weeks. :wink:  It is cruel craving and crucial to us functioning.
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-04-11 6:27 PM
I was married for 19 years. I have a sister. I know this. This does not absolve my daughter or my late wife - and definitely not my father-in-law:laugh:. They would snack on chocolate chips every day of the month if I kept the house stocked with them.
- By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-04-11 8:11 AM
Cheese, usually cheddar, is my favorite snack, though anything dairy will do.

Two runs: 6 gallo-miles in the morning followed by 5.2 in the evening "with the group."  I put that in quotes because I ended up running alone, but did enjoy the fellowship of two others later for pizza and beverages. :laugh:
- By JimGo1 Date 2018-04-11 11:30 AM
Happy Tuesday,

Run fail today.  In my rush to try out my new shoes, I ran on trails with ice :roll:  I should know better.  I slipped and caught my fall with my elbow which totally jacked up my shoulder.  I had to jog home with one arm kind of flopping on my side :meh:

I should be smarter than this at this point in my life.  I do really like the shoes and 4 mm heel to toe drop.  Last year, I ran on 6 mm and I’m slowly trying to get to zero drops.

As far as snacking,  I do the ketogenic thing for 3 weeks at a time so I don’t have the urge to snack.  If I’m out of ketosis and having a carb up I like things like high carb nuts, fruit, nachos that sort of thing.  Also good breads.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / TuesDaily and I'm Hungry