Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thanksgiving Tuesday, 10 Apr 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-10 7:38 AM
Yesterday we were hopeful and today we are giving thanks!

Post away...
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-10 8:22 AM
Giving thanks for forum friends who give encouragement,give a listening ear and keep me from becoming a Lazy Boy addict.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-10 8:38 AM
My run was short.  Go short go hard.  (where's Rob?:evil::laugh:)....  Angry, upset...:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:VERIZON.:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

At Aunt Shirley's I changed her from Comcast to FIOS.    Went reasonably smooth.  A week later I get people telling me that her phone number was not in service.   I called Verizon and they said they would fix it in 24h.  A week later, still out.   Turns out they changed the # but never told us.  Now they say that they cannot change back.   :wtf::wtf::wtf:  Wrong.  All of the doctors and her heart implant are keyed to that number.  At a very critical time when she is seriously ill.  Customer service says it's a tech issue, tech says cannot change w/o order from service.....:mutmad:   Waiting a call back. :mutmad::wtf:

Sunshine.:grin::cool: but cool.  Will do Duck In today.  First time in over a month due to rain and cold.  What's new.... Spring comes this weekend.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:22 AM
Oh VERIZON!!! When Chris' mom passed he tried canceling her phone, but couldn't without a death certificate. So we get a death certificate and for months they sent bills he called every month and they would say we need a death certificate. We given you two!!! Then for months he got a credit bill. Then he got a check in his mom's :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad: name. He's a very calm person but he was yelling in the phone "SHE IS DEAD!!!" and they would give condolences ("oh I'm so sorry to hear that") and he would get even angrier that went on and on.... Good luck resolving issues there!!! Crossing my fingers for you..
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:08 PM
I had to sign up again w Comcast.   Get the phone back on, then have Verizon take that#, then close Comcast.  It cost me an extra $50 + 2hours of my life!!!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:23 PM
:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:29 PM
What a nightmare Tom.  Glad you got taken care of.  What is FIOS?   Another telephone provider?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-10 6:30 PM
FIOS = Fiber Optic System.  Verizon brand of TV Internet Phone
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-10 10:57 AM
It is nice and sunny!  Went out for a 4 mile PW.  My walking buddy is hurt.  She has a labradoodle and this dog is pretty rambunctious.  Well this past weekend, the dog knocked her down.  She face planted.  So my friend is very, very sorry.  She said it knocked her right out of her shoes!

Ok -- I better get out and enjoy the day!
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-10 11:28 AM
I'm thankful today. Did my taxes :roll: and they weren't as bad as I had procrastanated and feared in my mind. So that is good. Hopefully the IRS won't say wait a minute.....:blush::shocker!:

I upped my run/walk ratio. I was running 2 walking 2 but it seemed to be easy so I ran 3 walked 2 today. The last set was a tad difficult to get  through. It feels awesome to be running again..another thankful aspect. It was cloudy and cold and snow flurries toward the end :wtf: GO AWAY!!!!

Now off to run some errands.

Have a great day masters!!!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:10 PM
Nice run/walk combo.  Keep it up.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:27 PM
Hi Deb

Glad that you made a stop.  I too just finished my taxes a few minutes ago.  It is done and will be mailed later this week.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-10 12:22 PM
I'm thankful for a teaching job only 2 miles from home and being able to teach at school where I began my career 28 years ago.  Much more to be thankful for, especially this forum, too.

I ran 8 miles this morning.  A nice morning out in the dark listening to a couple of good podcasts.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:26 PM
Yea for a short commute!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-10 1:51 PM
I am very thankful today.  I had kidney stone surgery this morning and am alert enough to tell you!   I received excellent care and saw a handful of old friends.  my surgery nurse ran Boston last year so we had that to talk about while she wheeled me back and then there was the blessed anesthesiologist and then, well there you have it.

I am hopeful this ends a 3 year saga with this stone.  It was so big and we've been friends so long I should have named it.

Think I'm skipping the time trial tonight - nap time instead.:happy:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:12 PM
Oh My:shocker!:    Did you run with that stone this morning?  Sounds like you got the right doc.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:24 PM
Whaaaat?  Was this outpatient surgery?

I wish you a speedy recovery and send you lots of healing prayers!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-11 5:29 AM
yes, outpatient.  Amazing what they can do without ever admitting you.
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-04-10 2:40 PM
Dawn! :hug:
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-04-10 2:43 PM
Thankful for my health this terrible flu season and that although I’m overwhelmed and so busy I can (maybe) see the end of this semester soon.

:hug:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-10 6:28 PM
Thankful for nurse Dottie.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thanksgiving Tuesday, 10 Apr 2018