Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tough it out Tuesday (dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 6:12 AM
Let's get going.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 6:18 AM
I'm officially off the hook for jury duty. Name was not called for either of the cases and I was sent home with my obligation fulfilled for 3 years. I had prepared myself to be there for a few days but my boss and coworkers are thrilled and I'm more than a little relieved. So back to work.

I did weight class last night and I have a 4 mile run to get in today. I will try to do it at 2:30 or so and hope the weather is warmer by then. I have a 1/2 on Saturday so I'm trying to let my body recover from the tiredness I always experience with a solid training cycle.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-10 6:56 AM
Best of luck with your half marathon!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-11 10:04 PM
Congratulations on having done your duty and not being called!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-12 4:45 AM
I think thats called a "best case scenario".  :laugh:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-10 6:56 AM
Bike to trainer.  Leg workout.  Bike to work.

It's walking challenge month at work.  I'm cheating.  I put my fitbit on my shoe to get "credit" for biking.  The goal is to get people moving more, biking is moving.  I don't feel the least bit of guilt.  :laugh:  I'll also walk tonight while DS1 has baseball practice.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 7:57 AM
We had a "minute" challenge at one place I worked. It got people moving like you said, but I felt it penalized runners and bikers because walkers are so much slower and therefore rack up more minutes.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-11 7:16 AM
Biked home, jumped in car, picked up DS1 for baseball practice.  Raced to baseball practice, walked the track while they practiced.  2+ miles (lost count of the laps, oops) in 32 minutes.  Went to DS2's game when practice was over.  Fell into bed when we finally got home at 10pm.  Woke up late and didn't bike in today.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-10 7:00 AM
5.8 for me this morning.  Not terribly fast, but it's already getting to the time of year when I start slowing down. :roll:  By the time the pollen gets better, it will be hot.  For whatever reason, my nose is really drippy when I'm running, though it's ok the rest of the time.  I'm tired, but this is not shaping up to be a restful week.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 7:56 AM
I am so eager for a warm up.  The southern states have gotten a fair amount of cooler weather this year haven't they?
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-10 2:35 PM
4 miles on the TM. It felt really hard :cry: preggo tiredness + lingering effects of a bad cold + just generally being out of shape. Oh well. Better than 0 miles. I'll hit the 2nd trimester on Thursday and I'm really, really hoping for that 2nd tri energy rebound... We'll see.

Weather is looking beautiful Th-Sat so I'm excited to run outside.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 8:08 PM
4 miles when you are tired is a huge accomplishment.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-10 3:11 PM
Yoga this morning. Backbends. Felt SOOOO good. I love how yoga makes me feel.
Ear is healing, but I think one more day off swimming is a good idea.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-10 8:07 PM
It's great to do something that you enjoy and that makes feel good. Unfortunately yoga makes me feel like klutz.: pbbt:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tough it out Tuesday (dailies)