Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Hopeful Monday - 4/9/18
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-09 6:29 AM
Although it is snowing and cold outside, it is supposed to be 80 by Thursday.

Maybe it is a sign that everything will get better this week.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-09 6:34 AM
3.04 miles in a pretty steady snowfall.  Made me feel like I was back in Michigan.

I am hoping for a good, productive week at work with fewer problems and headaches. The stretch of I-64 between my home and the office is heading into major construction. I am going to go into the office tomorrow and see how it goes. If the traffic is very bad it will end up being my last trip there for a while unless there is a meeting I would benefit from being at in person. Authorities are encouraging people to use the "zipper merge" method. Keep 2 lanes of traffic flowing and alternate merging when you get to the closures. Usually you have a lot pf people moving over early and getting backed up, then some people rush to the front and make everyone mad. Sometimes trucks will try to block the open lane.  I hope everyone hears the instructions and there is no gun fights at the merge point.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-09 7:51 AM
Oh Dave, I do like the title of post today.  Thanks!

It is foggy and dreary today.  Where is Spring?  I need to get out for a workout and then print several documents for my meeting this evening.   That is one thing I miss about working...the free printing!

I believe in the "zipper theory" but some people just don't get it.  Hope traffic is not bad.

Have a good day all!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-09 9:20 AM
Thanks for the daily Dave.  Snowy here too. 

I stopped by the library for more books.
I smell like the humane society.
Yoga later.  Abs and arms too.

I like the zipper idea but it requires 100% participation.  Good luck!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-09 11:48 AM
Hi Miss Kitty.   I thought of you when I got back.  Litter boxes were very full and in need of urgent cleaning.  I bey you are charmed.  Tom looks at a full litter box and thinks of Dawn.  :shocker!:  Maybe I can get Mark to write a song. 

When I came home and walked through the front door
   The litter box was full, and I thought of you more...

I wish you were here, I'd sit back with a beer
    While you scooped away all of my tears.   

Kitty love, kitty love oh Dawn won't please.
     I'm asking you nice, I'm down on my knees.

Mark, we need you.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-09 11:54 AM
I love this.

By the way, Lee went to Pheasant Run Saturday- collectible beer signs and such.  No one met him in the lobby though or wooed him up to the penthouse with Delaware corn.:wink:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-09 1:31 PM
Oh the FE in Tom's hotel room....stripping down.....an ear of corn for Dawn.:laugh:

Hey the Garden RR convention is in Atlanta this year.  Think I can woo the Jet to my room?  I'll need you to persuade her.  Maybe you could come too and.....   Hotlanta.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-09 1:59 PM
Hello Jetgirl.....time to stop lurking!!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-09 11:33 AM
Back home in Delaware to the endless January.  I got a run in this morning which I really needed.  But I want to be playing wiffle ball!:cry::cry:

My Aunt Shirley is in the hospital and has a serious infection in her bowls and possibly elsewhere.  You have to put on gown to visit.  It is highly contagious.  I said that I would use sanitizer when I left and they said it won't help!:shocker!: Wash,wash, wash. 

Taxes....I guess I should start.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-09 11:55 AM
So sorry for Aunt Shirley's woes.  I hope it isn't Cdiff.  That is one of the nastier ones.

I loved seeing your grandkid photos on FB.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-09 1:32 PM
Yep cdiff it is.  Her live in caregiver is supposed to have female surgery Wed.  We are closely monitoring.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-09 2:00 PM
:sad:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-09 1:56 PM
My prayers for Shirley. 

Wiffle ball rocks!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-09 12:17 PM
Back in school after spring break.  Kentucky education is nuts right now.  Some teachers want to strike due to legislators waffling over proposed education budget cuts and pension plan.  First time in my career I've seen anything like this.  I hope we keep going.  Makayla just wants to graduate on time.

I'm looking forward to the warm up in the temperature at the end of this week.  I was dressed on my run this morning as I would be in January.  6 miles.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-09 1:00 PM
I was warmer in January.:shocker!:

Educating is an admirable profession and I am sad that compensation has not kept pace.  I am glad teachers are speaking up and being heard.  Like Makayla though, I hope no one's graduation plans are jeopardized because of the  timing.   Hang in there.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-09 2:01 PM
Education needs money for sure.  A college professor told my college class that the reason education professionals are under compensated was due to teaching being a primarily women's occupation, hence less pay for women in the work force.  I don't know, but at least give schools resources and funding to help kids rightly.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-09 1:34 PM
6 miles.   Eazing back after spring break.   Thought of you when i heard about KY on the news.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-09 1:55 PM
Melissa or I did not rally last Monday at the state capital.  There may be a bunch of teachers this Friday when the general assembly is back in session.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Hopeful Monday - 4/9/18