Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make it Spring Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-09 5:36 AM
Okay, winter can be over with now. : pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-09 5:55 AM
~Yes, we are enjoying 4th winter as well

~still fucking sick

~Suzi is really sick. Probably going to urgent care today

~still have snow on the ground

~No time to be sick. 2 track meets this week. Timing 2 races this weekend.

~just burned the shit outta my mouth with coffee :mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 5:58 AM
Man, y'all can't catch a break in being sick or wintry:cry::cry:

:hug::hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 5:56 AM
Seriously jammed up my left index finger. Typing is fun, but doable. It is swollen so much I can't straighten or bend it. I'm pretty sure the soccer ball dislocated the second joint and the finger bent backward and then returned to normal and went back in the joint. Yeah. It hurts constantly.

Ran six miles yesterday after the soccer game. While I love how I'm getting the runs in, I'd prefer to get them done so I can recover over the weekend and not at work:laugh: David just laughs at me when I stand up and have to reset and then walk.:laugh::blush:  I was very proud of myself. At mile 3 I thought about stopping. Then again at mile 5. But I decided to be stubborn and got the 6 done. I was so sore after I didn't even eat dinner. Didn't want to move. But I'm pleased with how I feel today. Super tight but improving the more I move around.

They need to make tiny ace bandages for fingers so I can get the swelling down. Can't tape because I have to type. Tiny little ace would be helpful.

Going to be a busy week at work:cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-09 6:06 AM
The finger sounds brutal! Ouch
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-09 6:16 AM
Good job on the run. :cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-09 6:29 AM
--We still have all of our plants covered. I think they did okay. We’ll uncover them today and find out.

--We have 4 blueberries, 2 butterfly bushes, 6 boysenberries, 2 filbert trees and 36 sweet potato slips needing to get in the ground.

--10 a.m. appointment had to reschedule......for tomorrow....my day off. :roll: Nothing like screwing up two days for me. And, people wonder why I want out of this line of work. Two big gaps in my day today meaning I’m going to be there from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. for 5 appointments.

--We had to go round Sarge up from the neighbors, who live at the very end of the road, over the weekend. He and Bella, a neighbor dog, were roaming. He knew he was busted.

--My mom is going to sell my dad’s tractor/backhoe. She doesn’t really need it and it’s more than she could handle anyway. Kind of sad though. That was his baby. One of my clients is very interested in it for her son. It would be perfect. While the thing is 15 years old it’s basically like new the way it was taken care and having only 500 hours.

--Filled out all the W-2, direct deposit, citizenship verification, etc. for the new job. So exciting! :grin:

--I think my toenail is finally completed back to normal from losing it nearly a year ago at my last marathon. Time for a pedicure. :wink:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 6:31 AM
Butterfly bushes are awesome! I need some of those.

Hahaha! I love that paperwork has you excited:cool::laugh: But I know it is really the job. So happy for you:hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-09 6:36 AM
Tractor is way too small for you guys isn't it?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 6:40 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-09 8:46 AM
Considering we have 5 tractors (he traded one last week for a hay rake) and a backhoe and a bulldozer, I don’t think we’re in the market. : pbbt:
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 8:33 AM
what's the new job?!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 8:36 AM
:cool: HI!
Parent - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 8:44 AM
:hug: hey stranger!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-09 8:48 AM
Hey you! :grin: I’m going to be working for Missouri University’s Extension Service in their Family Nutrition Education Program. :cool:
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 9:30 AM
wow, that's great! congrats!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-09 10:01 AM
Thanks, I’m excited. I think it’s going to be something I really enjoy. Super good benefits too. :cool:
Parent - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 1:32 PM
that is win-win for sure!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 7:26 AM
Things you think about on a run - sciatica sucks and a downhill marathon would be ideal for that particular issue.

What if I ran a downhill marathon and then never PR'd a marathon (assuming I run another) ever again?:shocker!:: pbbt::laugh:
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 8:45 AM
I have discovered my inner sciatica & maybe IT band issues - I've been stretching & doing yoga and it really seems to help.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 11:25 AM
If I could get my core back in shape I think the sciatica will go away. I got rid of it right after tj was born but then I quit running and working out after the divorce. It is all going back together now.....slowly but surely.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-09 7:29 AM
- Snow this morning. Though at least it only stuck to the trees and grass, and didn't even cover the grass

- Used a different pillow last night - well it's the same pillow, just is on a spare bed so not used as much. Woke up with a super sore neck and shoulders. Not sure if I had it the wrong way or what (the inside of the pillow has a contoured core that you can put different ways)

- getting a haircut at lunch time. I'm desperate for a cut and have a presentation tomorrow so let's hope the cut comes out ok

- have a client that is driving me crazy. They hired us to create a plan document for them and she asks 1000000000 questions about it all and most of it is standard boilerplate language but she doesn't like it, blah blah blah. I'm about done with her. And she doesnt like my recent answer on something, so now I'll have to have my boss tell her the same thing I did but she'll believe her since she's the lawyer

- New HVAC going in today. Really hope they don't take all day since I'll cry if they mess up B's schedule

- At daycare they have been teaching the kids to say please and to also sign it. It was funny at first but now he just walks around asking for food and saying peeeeeease allllllll dayyyyy looooooooooooooooooooooong. Buddy you could stand to miss a snack or two, you don't need to eat all day :blush:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-09 7:47 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 8:09 AM
Good luck with the HVAC. For that much money they should go by your schedule:shocker!:

LOL B. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hate when people question stuff and need the boss. Guess what, I tell the boss what to say or he told me in the first place....UGH!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-09 8:49 AM
Hopefully the HVAC guys show up. You know how contractors are. :roll::cry:
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 9:32 AM
One time I picked my son up at daycare, and the worker pulled me aside & said "A said the f-word today"....and I paused for moment and said "did he use it correctly at least?" :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 11:24 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I need to remember that!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-10 7:18 AM
:laugh:  Last night B kept saying "s#it s#it s#it". He is either trying to say shirt or sit, I can't figure out which one but I have to hide my laughter each time
Parent - - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 8:44 AM
good morning! f** winter! : pbbt:

horrible hockey tragedy over the weekend. spoke to my bff this a.m. on the way to work & we both cried again. I said we need to change subject cuz I don't wanna walk into work with red eyes!

Trying to get back into running slowly. Aiming for a better race finish in the fall.

Need to get my tomato seeds started! I am running out of time.....just a couple weeks behind schedule.

I gave up alcohol 460 days ago. Now it's time to get back in shape. I have discovered I need to stretch more...rigormortis is setting in!!

My dog stinks.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-09 8:52 AM
I keep seeing that on the news about the hockey team. :cry::hug: Very similar tragedy to the plane crash the Marshall University football team had years back. Really had a widespread effect on the community. So sad. You’re seeing a lot of good in people though.
Parent - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 9:31 AM
yes, lots of support country-wide and even world-wide it seems....
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-09 11:24 AM
rigor mortis:shocker!::laugh::laugh:

So sad about the hockey team.

f*** winter!:grin: But hey, maybe the tomato seeds won't realize they are late:mischief:

Don't all dogs stink?  (Except Loki - never has. And i prob only bathe him once a year when the fleas come):blush::blush:
Parent - By pegger Date 2018-04-09 1:33 PM
yeah our doggie needs a bath - I'm willing to pay someone!! he's too big for the basement sink so it's gotta be the bathtub. Kinda gross....
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make it Spring Monday RTTs