Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sunday Runday (Dailies)
- - By swandive Date 2018-04-08 10:02 AM
I know someone else must be running (or swimming) this weekend!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-08 10:18 AM
I had a really nice long run this morning.  I had planned on 15.9, but I was feeling good after 2 hours and ended up taking some detours to get up to 19.1!  It ended up being a fairly slow run, but it's my longest run in over a year.  Aside from the fact that my nose kept dripping, I felt good for the entire run.  It was overcast and damp, but stayed in the low 40s the entire time, which was nice.  Now I'm ready for a nap!

RR question: what should I do for an achy Achilles?  My right Achilles has been kinda achy for a while.  I don't notice it most of the time, but I feel it when I first start running or if I stop for several minutes and start running again.  I don't tend to notice it when I'm walking or anything during the day.  It's definitely nothing acutely wrong, but doesn't seem to be going away on its own.  It wouldn't bother me that much if it stayed like this :laugh:, but I don't want it to turn into something worse.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-08 2:51 PM
I'm so glad you had a nice run! And what an awesome distance! You are :cool:

I would think that lots of stretching would be very important to work out Achilles tightness. Beyond that, I don't know, but I do know that Achilles problems can linger so be careful.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-08 12:13 PM
Swimming!  Thanks for including me! 

Yesterday it was pouring when I left my house and no one was at the beach when I got there. The the clouds parted and folks showed up and a rainbow came out and it was one of the most glorious swims! 30 min in water. Water 47, air 56.

2 hours of synchro today. Wind so high I expected white caps on the pool!  The one Of the consistantly coming beginners and I are making real progress. It was just the two of us today so we could.work at our pace. That was really fun!
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-08 1:33 PM
That's two taxing swim workouts two days in a row!  Do you find that it makes you tired, or have you gotten used to it by now?
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-08 2:49 PM
sounds like a great weekend of workouts! And love how hardcore you are that water 47 and air 56 still is a "glorious" swim! That rainbow does sound pretty spectacular.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-08 2:49 PM
hello! made it through my 15k yesterday with my SIL. It was fun! Felt fine, ran nice and easy to finish in 1:28. Was exciting for SIL because that was quite a quick pace for her, and because she had not run a race in at least 10 years! She has a little boy who is about to turn 2 in a week and signing up for this race gave her motivation to train some and get back in shape. So I'm glad I got to do it with her. I have a yucky cold, so no running today. Maybe tomorrow, we'll see. Almost out of the 1st trimester - will be 14 weeks on Thursday!
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-08 9:19 PM
Saturday is my long run day. 16.5. Warmish, sticky, but somehow I still managed to get sunburned.

Then 6 this morning. Really dragging. Figured out during the course of the day that I'm getting a cold. I can't get sick until Thursday, dammit, I have classes to teach the next three evenings!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-09 9:54 AM
ugh, I'm sorry about the cold! I hope it holds off until Thursday, but colds rarely do what we tell them to! DayQuil is my go to whenever I have a cold and am still somehow expected to function.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sunday Runday (Dailies)