Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / April 6 Daily - It's Tartan Day!
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-06 8:13 AM
Go put on some plaid!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-06 8:20 AM
And eat some Scottish shortbread which I'm sure Jen will bake for us.

Winter is STILL  hanging on....temps in the teens, 40mph wind gusts.  It snowed for 5 hours yesterday with zero accumulation thank goodness.  The weekend though, well we might not be so lucky.  3" of snow predicted.  And this weekend is when the county fairground opens up the exhibit buildings for all who have stored RV's, boats, convertibles to come collect them for the summer fun.  If we're in single digits I bet half of them won't even start. 

The past 2 weeks all the high school track meets and baseball games have been cancelled.  The nets are up at the tennis courts and the porta-potty is in place.  All sure signs of Spring.  Someone please tell mother nature.  I hope prom is late this year or the girls will have snow suits on over their gowns.:shocker!:

Enough of my weather crabbiness.  I've got a girls day planned with Amy and Misha tomorrow.  Amy, in all her honesty, claims to be overwhelmed by the mess that is her apartment.  Mom (and dog) to the rescue!!  We're going to spend the day cleaning and might try a week of meal prep too.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-06 8:43 AM
Sounds like here they are calling for snow this afternoon (probably won't accumulate) I understand the weather crabbiness all too well.

girls will have snow suits on over their go :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!: oh nooooooo!!!
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-06 8:37 AM Edited 2018-04-06 8:40 AM
Oh boy! I don't own plaid. :shocker!:

So I'm back. I feel like an imposter here when I post and I'm not running. 'Oh gawd she has started again.' So I don't come in.

Yes I started running again. I'm not sure where I left off. I was having excruciating knee pain to the point i couldn't walk. Had a cortisone shot and it got better. It's been so cold and this winter won't stop I was waiting for spring. But Spring doesn't seem to want to come so I bit the bullet. I still can't get the clothing thing down. I'm either overdressed or underdressed--usually underdressed.  I've been run/walking for 3 weeks now. I actually started a week or so before that, but the program had too much walking so I had no motivation didn't run. My daughter said skip over the boring part, so I skipped forward a couple weeks and this is much better. I'm trying not to over do it. I'm running every other day, walking (even though I hate walking) every other day, sometimes I cheat and throw in a minute or two of slogging.

My neighbors are so excited to see me running again. Always makes me smile when they yell "so great seeing you running again!" It also makes me tear up a bit thinking how long this road has been.

So this morning I did run/walk 2/2 it is freaking cold out. Like Dawn says winter WILL NOT leave!!! the other day it was in the 50's so I took the inserts out of the doors and let the cat out, now it's freezing again.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I put my tights away at one point only to pull them back out. MEH! I so want to run in shorts and sweat!!!

Have a great day masters...even if you aren't a master :grin::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-06 8:41 AM
HI Deb!  I'm probably running even less than you are.  I've not enjoyed it at all in the cold and I keep planning to start again when it warms up.  If someone had told me 2 months ago it wasn't going to ever warm up I'd probably have bitten the bullet and braved the temps and the wind.

Thanks for popping in, I've missed you.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-06 8:47 AM
Thanks!

My son wants to walk, possibly run, a Mother's Day run in Portland (we were supposed to do it last year but it was raining, and he told me about the impending divorce, so I told him we could just chill out), so I had to get out and try to move my tired fat legs. And then I saw a trail running series near me that is pretty easy trail running and only 5K's so I thought I'd sign up for that. If not for those I would be in bed with the covers over my head.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-06 9:39 AM
So glad to see you running again:cool::cool::cool:

Skip over the boring part.  WTG Deb!   Spring will come...sometime in July when it is supposed to be hot and it will be 60.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-04-06 11:33 AM
Thanks Tom!! I fear it will go from 35° to 85° :shocker!: I could deal with 60° in July.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-06 9:48 AM
It's 52 and sunny here. I got in 4 miles at the park. Tried my new Sketcher's Go Run Road Ultra 2s on the road. Felt as good as yesterday's TM run.

Winter weather advisory for tonight through noon tomorrow.

I could always make the degree symbol by holding the ALT key and hitting 2 4 8.  It stopped working yesterday, but only in Chrome. I have searched the internet and I find many people with the problem but so solutions that work. Kind of weird, but I can live without the degree symbol in Chrome.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-06 10:29 AM
Sounds good on the new shoe run.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-06 9:50 AM
Change travel plans...Leaving here at 3 this afternoon:cry::cry::cry: will drive to Roanoke and overnight with my niece:hug:  Mixed snow and rain drving up Shenandoah Valley tomorrow.  Did not run walk today so as to maximize time with grandkids.  Building a plastic model of a P51 fighter w/ Josiah. 

My car cost me $421 for brakes:cry:  I trust the guys since my son in law deals with him for years for his personal cars and business.

Big birthday for Mindy the dog.  18.  Made her a personal cupcake meatloaf with mash potato icing. 

Local BBQ for lunch yesterday, local donuts for breakfast this morning, with local roasted coffee.:cool:

Tom in WNC
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-06 10:32 AM
Re Tartan Day....I got some locally brewed Scottish Ale and drank one yesterday.

I saw on FB somebody posted today is January 74rth.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-06 1:00 PM
Sorry you have to leave.

I'm planning on some donuts tomorrow morning....

Cindy is back on a low-carb thing so I need to stock up whenever I have a chance. Tonight is low-carb pizza. :roll:  (Actually it isn't too bad.)
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-06 2:25 PM
We are planning to make our own pizza crust tomorrow!  Looking forward to the experiment.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-06 2:27 PM
My workout is done!   It's currently 81 degrees and since I waited till this afternoon to workout, I did a video.  My husband is out playing golf.

I am going to make King Ranch Chicken for dinner.

Enjoy your Friday!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-06 2:34 PM
could you send just 1/2 of those degrees here please?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-06 3:01 PM
Oh if only we could trade -- I would send you warm temps and you could send me those cooler temps in the summer!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-06 3:10 PM
Has anyone heard from Jetgirl?  I hope she is ok.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-06 3:26 PM
I had an email from her in January - her daughter is getting married soon.  Maybe she'll stop in when the wedding plans settle down.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / April 6 Daily - It's Tartan Day!