Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Thursday Dailies
- - By skigirl Date 2018-04-05 8:36 AM
Looks like I'm starting the dailies today.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-05 9:21 AM
The weather here is stupid. That is all for now.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 9:37 AM
Dang that stupid weather. :mutmad:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:51 AM
:laugh::cry:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:01 AM
What XT said!  :sad:  and  :mutmad:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 1:01 PM
:cry:
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-04-05 10:17 AM
6.2 miles

8¢ (8 coins)

52º & overcast at 0650

New Balance 890v5 Green #1

-  --  -  --  -  --  -  --  -  --  -

There will likely be an afternoon run of about 4.5 miles or so.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:51 AM
Not bad weather!
Parent - By IB Date 2018-04-06 12:08 AM
It was actually rather nice and far better than I had expected, as was also the case on the way home tonight. At least as far as expectations were concerned.
Parent - By IB Date 2018-04-06 12:09 AM
10.2 miles

40¢ (8 coins)

low to mid 60s with steady light rain

Hoka Odyssey Green #1

-  --  -  --  -

Plans changed from a lunch break run to a commute home run.
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2018-04-06 12:47 PM
treadmill speedworkout

8x400+ (specifically 2:15, 2:15, 2:15, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00, 2:45 at 7.6- 7.8 mph which is a shade under an 8 minute mile pace) w/ 1 minute jogging recovery, followed by 4 minutes walking recovery followed by one mile and 5-10K pace which in this case was a 9 minute mile.  The idea is to get used to running moderately fast while tired.  Over time I may increase the distance to 2-3 miles and I'm gradually bumping up the speed of the repeats.

It went fine but I was very tired by the time I finished.
- - By skigirl Date 2018-04-05 8:40 AM
So, the only exercise I wound up getting yesterday was when DD and I walked over to the indoor theatre at which our festival of outdoor films was being shown.  The festival was pretty good - a compilation of various short films on outdoor themes, all focused on women's experiences.  DD and I had a nice evening out - went for dinner ahead of time and had good conversations on the walk there and back.  This morning I went out for a short run/walk with the dogs, to their great delight.   

The bulk of yesterday was spent accompanying my dad and his sister to a museum of agricultural implements.  The 90-something-year-old curator took us through the museum with great enthusiasm, lovingly describing every.single.implement and the refurbishment that had been done to it. 

My dad and aunt were fascinated by it all - at one point they got into a long animated discussion about which of the three cream separators in the museum most resembled the cream separator they had used when living on their farm, sixty-five years ago, and many of the other exhibits sparked long streams of reminiscing as well.

I worked hard to maintain a facade of interest  :grin:<— glazed smile, although from time to time I surreptitiously clutched my wrist to check to see if I still had a pulse, or if I had actually died of boredom and was now wafting around in some previously undescribed circle of hell.  :cry:

Today my dad is flying back to Vancouver.  He’s nervous about flying alone, so I’m going with him.  I’ll see him into a taxi when we get to Vancouver airport, then head back through security and fly home again.  I'm kind of looking forward to it - I do a lot of work travel and it's kind of fun, for a change, to have plane travel involve nothing more than packing a book, rather than the usual flurry of pre-trip preparations.  :happy:  Dad has been displaying a lot of anxiety and agitation on this visit out to us, so hopefully he doesn't get too wigged out by the travel today and manages to contain his habit of seizing on minor details to complain about at great length. : pbbt:
Parent - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:13 AM
Your Dad should visit me. I live about 10 minutes away from the National Agricultural Hall of Fame. Woo-hoo! It is basically a farming museum, art gallery and restored farm buildings.  I had to go in grade school and never went back. :laugh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-05 9:23 AM
That's nice of you to travel back with your dad. I hate flying these days, so kudo to you. Enjoy the book time.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:31 AM
I'll say it again: you are a wonderful daughter :hug:

although from time to time I surreptitiously clutched my wrist to check to see if I still had a pulse, or if I had actually died of boredom and was now wafting around in some previously undescribed circle of hell.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: This made me snort
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 9:39 AM
I so understand that façade of interest. :laugh:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:48 AM
you are banking a bunch of good karma for yourself :hug:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:55 AM
I am glad you went to that museum because if not, you wouldn't have written your post.  And your post gave me more enjoyment than you can imagine!!:hug::hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-05 12:57 PM
You're a good daughter.:hug:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 1:00 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i'm glad your dad has you to help and that you can.  :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 2:48 PM
It's good to be open to learning, but that museum would test most people's resolve. At least somebody had a good time. :laugh:
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-04-05 4:06 PM
Thank you for writing such a clear first sentence.  : pbbt:

I'm still chuckling over your museum description.  I have been to a similar one in Kansas with my parents. :grin:
Parent - - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 4:52 PM
By chance did you go to the Ag Hall of Fame in Bonner Springs, KS?
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-04-05 6:26 PM
No, shall I put that on the list for future visits?
Parent - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-06 8:39 AM
Umm, no. Unless you are a farming groupie. :laugh:
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-04-05 6:04 PM
Very glad you didn't die of boredom:laugh::cool:
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 8:52 AM
I bailed on my run last night. The winds were ridiculous, and I just wasn't in the mood to deal with them. :roll: It's taper week anyway. I will run 4 tonight after work, it will be less windy than last night thankfully. That will be followed by a 9pmvball game where I won't play very hard so I don't injure myself. :roll: I say that now, but I can't help but play hard whenever I play. :blush:

The weather forecast for my race continues to suck. : pbbt: The race is Sunday, and yesterday it was calling for 5-8" of now on Saturday day, with 1-3" more Saturday night. :shocker!: The race is entirely on a rail trail, so I'm not sure it would get plowed. I sent a note to the race director asking when they might make a decision if the weather was bad, and his response was "the race is on until it's not." :meh::roll: Well alrighty then. Today the forecast is calling for 1-3" of snow Saturday, followed by rain and overnight temps in the 20s, but mostly sunny now for Sunday. :cool:

I made a new recipe last night that I was super excited about: cashew chicken quinoa. I was excited since you just throw all of the ingredients in a baking dish in the oven and let it cook. Uncooked quinoa layered with peppers, mushrooms, and chicken, topped with a mixture of water + soy sauce + hoisin sauce. Bake for 45 min, top with cashews, then bake for 10 more min. It tasted ok, but the veggies were all way overcooked, the chicken was dry, and the hoisin sauce was a bit overpowering. The quinoa was cooked well though, and that's the part I was actually most worried about!
Parent - - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:16 AM
Hey any bailed run during taper week is no big deal.

Thanks for your race forecast; it sounds like it's worse than mine. :laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:31 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-05 9:24 AM
I am angry about your race day weather, but in the RD's defense he has probably fielded that question so many times now.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:34 AM
Well if the RD had updated the website or Facebook page then I wouldn't have had to email him. : pbbt: And mine was a pretty humorous email, acknowledging that he couldn't control the weather and telling him that tapering marathoners have nothing better to do than obsess about the weather. So he could have been more polite. :roll:: pbbt:
Parent - - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 9:40 AM
If it is on for Sunday wishing you good luck!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 1:44 PM
Thank you! :happy:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:09 AM
the weather forecast :shocker!::cry::wtf::wtf:

is this winter ever going to end??
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:57 AM
The ingredients to that dish sound fun....too bad it came our crappy.  It might do better in an Instapot?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 1:44 PM
I was thinking I could tweak it to get it to work better, maybe add the veggies halfway though or something. Instapot is a good idea too, I just don't have one.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:08 AM
"the race is on until it's not."   :shocker!:   Maybe I should use that line this summer when I get the "Is the race cancelled?" question because rain is in the forecast.

Good luck with the race weather & your race!
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 12:58 PM
i was super excited about your recipe too but it sounds very :meh: plus i hate mushrooms! 

eyes on the prize with volleyball! although who knows if there will be a race. :shocker!: is there a back up plan?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 1:47 PM
I added the mushrooms since I had some on hand. Even they were overcooked!

I don't think the race has a back-up plan. :wtf: My personal back-up plan would be to shift my goal race to be VCM over Memorial Day since I'm signed up for that already while secretly fuming that the race was cancelled. : pbbt:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-05 1:00 PM
It is slightly warmer in Annapolis, and the trail is asphalt, which is warmer than other surfaces where the snow might stick. So you've got a good chance of having a good surface!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:17 PM
Spring is way less predictable than fall.  This reminds me of why I usually postpone races until at least May.  Hope you get an answer soon.

That casserole must have been a disappointment. I hate it when the ingredients sound good, but the result is :meh:
- - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:20 AM
3 miles with the dog and then 3 by myself.  Two geese were out of the water eating grass so we chased them until they took off and flew into the lake. Bogey glanced at me like this :mischief:

The latest forecast for my marathon on Saturday is 16 degrees with a 7 mph north wind. :roll:  The wind is supposed to be 20+ mph until about midnight so I hope the forecast holds.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-04-05 9:25 AM
I am angry about your race day weather too. Well done on picking this race to jump into. :laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:37 AM
Oh man, I think you win for crappy race day weather! :shocker!::laugh:

Bogey :mischief:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:37 AM
That's a terrible forecast :shocker!::cry:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:59 AM
Maybe the forecast will get better?  I don't know if you recall, but last year, the forecast for OZ was total crap when I went to sleep and then, we had perfect weather!  (and I still got beat by 10 people in a Chinese dragon costume.)
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:09 AM
It sucks when the weather goes bad at the last moment after you've trained for months for a marathon.  Oh, wait.....  :wink:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 12:55 PM
:shocker!: i'm trying not to look at weather for mine in 2.5 weeks. :blush:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:18 PM
I hope you catch a break on the race weather. That's not something I'd want to pay money to experience.
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:36 AM
I had a really off day yesterday :meh: and finally decided to make it my SDO :roll: and I moved the run slated for yesterday to today, and it 6.25 miles and was satisfying. 

Yesterday however :sad: was oddly awful.  it shouldn't have been a bad day.  Our trivia team, with only three players, WON on Tuesday night :cool: without much help from me at all.  I had ONE hard cider, ONE, and some porky nachos, so OK, not the best of pre-run prep :mischief:, but I've lived through much worse.  Wednesday morning, I got dressed, put on my running shoes and then proceeded to NOT get out the door :mutmad: the entire morning !! :shocker!:: pbbt:

It really bothered me that I didn't feel like running, but at the same time, I couldn't make myself do it :wtf:  In the meantime, I did all sorts of household chores that I absolutely hate:  vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the litter box, then when I cleaning out behind the washing machine :shocker!: I realized I was truly in the throes of taper madness :meh:, and I kind of made peace with my funk. 

it is possible that I was still tired from Monday's 10 x .5 mile repeats  The announcement about the National Guard being ordered to my 'hood didn't help my mood either, but that's a rant for another day :mutmad:  In the afternoon I got out and walked around a new birding spot.  It was nice and gave me enough zen to deal with the rest of the day.
Parent - - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 9:42 AM
The National Guard was ordered to your hood. :shocker!:
So is all OK?
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:16 AM
I live on the US/Mexican border in South Texas.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 1:47 PM
I wondered about that right after I posted.:meh:
Parent - - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:31 AM
I've had days like that; when I get my running clothes on, stretch and then just don't feel like running. :wtf: It happens maybe twice a year.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:46 AM
If it's only twice a year, I suppose I can live with it.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:00 AM
I've lived in my house not quite ten years.  You know how many times I have cleaned behind the washing machine?  Can you see me holding up NO fingers?:laugh:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:08 AM
:grin::grin: Well, it started because I knew I'd dropped a Roctane packet back there several weeks ago, and I thought I might need it next week :roll:.  Then I found a t-shirt :shocker!: !! , a single sock and a sweaty band for my hair.  I pulled out all of that stuff, covered with dust kitties and lint, and that is what I consider "cleaning."  :laugh:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:13 AM
What??? :shocker!: You mean some socks lost in the laundry haven't disintegrated in the machine?
Parent - - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 1:49 PM
I moved the dryer last week. Seems Rocky the box turtle decided to explore new places. (I let him out to wander around the laundry room. Who knew he could squeeze between the washer and the wall and then wedge himself under the vent tube from the dryer? See if he gets out of his home any time soon.)
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-04-05 4:08 PM
Rocky!  Bad Turtle!  :mutmad:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 4:46 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-04-05 4:08 PM
Almost 15 years in this house.  NO fingers here either.  I figure there will be time for that when we replace the washer and dryer.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:53 AM
Glad you made peace with your funk. :hug:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 12:55 PM
sounds like a good (or possibly severe) case of taper. no moving appliances around when tapering. :shocker!:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 1:10 PM
I wasn't that far gone.  I climbed up on the washer (ok, maybe that is a little much :roll:) and used one of those grabber sticks to pull stuff out.  :grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-05 5:47 PM
It happens. Sometimes an unplanned day off prevents burnout, not a bad thing- and today's run was a good one, so maybe it worked!:hug:

The National Guard.:roll: It's ridiculous to me that the Moron in Chief would send military to the border of a friendly country.
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-04-05 7:11 PM
How is H enjoying the Masters?  If he is renting a house for the week, it's possible he is staying at my brother's place.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:20 PM
My body refused to run today too. I am blaming last nights repeats.  It's ok to be tired for at least one day a week.
- - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 9:43 AM
6.3 miles with my neighborhood friend. I selfishly hope she never moves, or at least not before I stop running.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:44 AM
I definitely cried when my last RP told me she was moving.  I wasn't surprised, but I was still sad.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:02 AM
I so lucky I have a handful of skinny blondes to run with.....the odds of losing all to injury and/or moving is slim.  <knockwood>
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 12:54 PM
how long have you been running partners?
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 1:54 PM
Not sure if we started last spring or early summer. We would always see each other (I moved here December 2011) but one day we started talking more than the quick sentence or two and that was that. She has made my running so much more fun. Previously I had run with the same friend for about 14 years. Once she and her husband started camping every week-end and her work schedule changed we almost never get to run anymore. I had really missed having company.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:21 PM
I am glad you have a neighborhood running friend. That's a good thing.
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:49 AM
I made it to the track and did my 5x800s yesterday. I did 1 1/2 mile warm up 400 recovery and 3/4 mile recovery so finished with 6 miles. I was the last of our group to leave since I am towards the end of a 1/2 marathon training plan and most of them are training for shorter races. It's ok as I like to focus on my own training goals, but still draw from the support and camaraderie of the group.

Nice weather (60s) promised today. I may run outside tonight.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:45 AM
ooooh, a potential double :cool:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:03 AM
800's are my favorite speedwork.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:53 AM
Nice workout! :cool:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 12:53 PM
i like 800s too and just having others on the track is motivating even if you aren't all at the same pace. i like it if we can set it up so the slowest starts and then we time it so everyone finishes together. it's motivating getting chased and chasing.
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:11 AM
10 slowish miles this morning.  Even though it was 50 when I went out, I wore a long sleeve shirt which was dumb as 47 is my long/short cut-off. I was hot by the end of the first mile, and looped back to mile house to change shirts.  And while I found no coins like IB, I found two, not one, but TWO skateboards in two different locations!  How weird is that??:wtf:

Yesterday, blazerman and I were watching the exhibition round at the Masters.  When Jack Nicklaus' 15 yo grandson was teeing off at the Par Three over the water, I said, "Can you imagine the pressure on this kid knowing millions of people are watching him?"  And then, he makes a Hole-In-One!!  Both blazerman and I screamed and got teary-eyed.....mostly for Jack, because he was so proud.  Great moment in sports while being a great family moment.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 12:51 PM
i had not heard about the hole-in-one. will have to check it out!  very cool! 

is there some sort of skateboard theft going on? :wtf:
Parent - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 12:54 PM
That was cool seeing the ace!  KC's 3rd major sports franchise, Tom Watson won the Par 3 tournament. :cool:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 4:15 PM
DH told me about that hole-in-one.  He was pretty pumped about it too. 

Skateboards, eh?  That really is weird.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-05 5:48 PM
Very cool about Jack Nicklaus's grandson! Great story!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:24 PM
50 is that temp that makes you think you are going to be cold. Sometimes if it's windy, I don't regret overdressing.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:41 AM
It's Thursday so my workout will be teaching indoor cycling class this evening.

Pizza & beer with the guys after class.

Running related stuff:

10 days before the bib transfer process deadline, 2 runners (of 60) on our club teams in a May 6 - 10 mile race contacted me to let me know they are injured and won't be able to run. I did our team's registrations.  I may have 2 to replace them :whew:

Every year since I began teaching indoor cycling class I've had the 6am Monday morning slot.  The first "theme" class I put together was a "Boston Marathon Class" and I've taught that on the 3rd Monday in April (and sometimes the Thursday evening before or after the 3rd Monday) every year.  I set it up so we simulate (+ or -) riding the terrain of the course in the sequence the runners will.  In more recent years I've put together a slide show/video that shows scenes from along the course (roughly + or -) in appropriate sequence.  I have one regular rider in my am classes and two in my evening class who have run Boston & they really enjoy it.  Most of the others like it because it's something different once a year.  I "refreshed" the playlist this morning, swapping out about 3/4 of the songs.  I'd like to refresh parts of the slide show but I have 318 slides and 1 video in it with timed transitions and it can be tedious to change much of it, plus saving it as an MP4 and burning that to a DVD takes hours...admittedly hours running "in the background" but still...

There's snow forecast for Saturday :wtf::wtf::wtf:  Many years ago I recall running my last 20 miler before Boston in a wet snowfall but we've had enough of this crappy weather already!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:51 AM
Since you only do that class at Boston Time, I really don't think you are "boring" anyone, by not refreshing the slide show.  I imagine it is awesome!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2018-04-05 12:49 PM
:hug:

Last year I swapped out some slides around the "12 mile point" and substituted this video.    I have a Gerri Halliwell version of "It's Raining Men" playing low in the background and turn up the sound of the video.  Terrain is flat so we pick up the cadence and get in & out of the saddle a few times.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 12:50 PM
i agree. no need to update that section. it does sound like a lot of fun!
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-04-05 4:20 PM
Deep dish?  After all 5 APR is National Deep Dish Pizza Day  (and apparently also national burrito day)
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-05 5:49 PM
Snow.:meh: I can't take it, Ed! I will seriously lose it if one more flake hits the ground! Do you hear me, Mother Nature?:mutmad:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:26 PM
That is one well planned spinning class. :shocker!:
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 11:44 AM
Yesterday was mom day. I take her to the pool once a week and i found out late tuesday that the pool was closed for emergency repairs. :meh: After debating switching mom day to another day (not possible because of an am book club meeting) and looking up other pools' schedules, the only possible solution was to take the day off work. :grin: It was a rest day for me so i slept in, joined mom for lunch and book club meeting and then came back to go to pool in the afternoon. I really do like the deep water exercise class on my rest day as it helps me not feel so creaky.  And i was able to move up an evening meeting for other job to the afternoon and we got a lot done.

Tempo run this am. I was expecting pouring rain but i think we are rain shadowed right now so it was dry! and it's much warmer than it has been - mid 40s.  Ran with 3 other gals - 2 warm up, 2 x 2 mile @ tempo with half mile recovery. I did all the mile repeats last week at 8;20 but really wasn't sure what pace these would end up.  8:40, 8:20  and then 8:07 and 8:23. Hurray! that first one i'm still warming up and it has some uphill. That one faster one was a surprise and i may have paid for it the second mile but really fought for it. between yesterday being such a good day and this fantastic workout, i'm in a great mood!  :laugh::cool::grin::laugh: then i came to work and moved the amazon fresh order around. ooh, squats! :cool::cry::laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 11:52 AM
Mom sure has a busy schedule!!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-04-05 12:49 PM
she does! i always have to make sure to check. wouldn't have it any other way!  :hug::grin:
Parent - By rob26.2 [us] Date 2018-04-05 12:52 PM
Nice runnin'!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-04-05 4:18 PM
Good workout!!  I think 2-mile repeats are badass.  and dang it, I didn't do any this cycle :cry:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:27 PM
I think that was good decision to take off work.:cool:
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-04-05 1:14 PM
5.1 miles with three friends :hug::hug::hug:
Then quickly off to a field trip. Chaperoned 4 boys at the FW Nature Center. It was a good time!
Now off to running club, then soccer practice, then dinner! I suggested a treat yo self meal for happy hour pizza and beer at a local pizza joint. :hug:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-04-05 1:35 PM
TREAT YO SELF!!!
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 4:50 PM
I agree with your suggestion.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:28 PM
Pizza (and beer) makes me happy no matter what!
- - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-04-05 4:25 PM
10.2 miles, easy pace.

ATT sent a guy to fix the Internet.  I talked to him and explained that I believed the issue was in their switch and he understood why and thought that was also probable because they had been doing switch work this week.  As long as he was out, he was going to clean up a bunch of splices in the line.  He called while I was running to let me know that indeed the issue was in the switch and they had never reprovisioned my virtual circuits over to the new switch and everything was all done now.  Great!   Then I checked the line, and it looks like when he fixed the splices he snipped the line as I no longer have any signal on it.  Ooops.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-04-05 4:50 PM
Dealing with internet stuff = maximum frustration.
Nice run though!
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-04-05 5:22 PM
Flew to NC. Boy my arms are tired. groan.

Stupid wind blew some siding off my garage yesterday. Will have to deal with it when I get back.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-04-05 5:51 PM
:laugh::roll:

Have a great race!
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Thursday Dailies