Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / T h u r s d a y - 4 / 5 / 2 0 1 8
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-05 6:15 AM
Hey folks, what's up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-05 6:25 AM
I am feeling much better today. Whatever it was took about a week to build up and then recede. I'm still a bit tired but the cough is mostly gone.

So I headed out for an easy 3 miles.

I heard runners discussing shoes they liked - Sketchers Go Run Road Ultra 2, so I started reading about them.  They are super cushioned shoes, but more affordable than the Hoka's that I've seen a lot of runners using.

I found a pair of the Sketchers on Amazon for $85 so I decided to try them. They arrived yesterday and I used them today. They felt different than anything I have ever worn before but different in a good way. I think I like them. I am looking forward to trying them on a longer run and see how all that cushioning feels.

https://www.skechers.com/en-us/style/55050/skechers-gorun-ultra-road-2/blnv
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:50 AM
I am glad you are feeling better. 

I don't have much planned for today.  Do need to get a workout today. 

The shoes do look comfortable.  My husband has bought some Skechers and does enjoy their cushioned memory soles.

Have a good Thursday all!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-05 8:17 AM
Those are better looking than the Hokas for sure.  How do you like the laces?  They look like they may not work for someone with a high instep or a wide foot.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-05 8:19 AM
broken record here - too much cold weather, not enough running, a whole lot of yoga, and the Easter sweets are winding down.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-05 8:41 AM
I wanted some regular jelly beans to decorate a cake I baked for Easter.  All I could find was spiced jelly beans or those starburst type one.  But I did score some Peeps for 61 cents on Tuesday!  I have them in the pantry for a special treat.

I have two slices of said cake and they will be eaten today.   And then all of the Easter treats will be gone.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:56 AM
Planning on a 4-5ish PW at noon, meeting a friend at Heather Farms, Walnut Creek and then we will PW the Contra Costa Regional Trail.

Have a good 4/5 and 4/6 and on, and on, and on! :happy:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-05 12:09 PM
They just about wore me out.  Wiffle ball.  Now the boys down here don't play the traditional "homerun derby".  They prefer to field it and run the bases.  Even if that means running around the club house and the maple tree is 2nd base   There is something to be said for "free motion" exercise.  You don't know which muscle will be used next.  Sudden starts, stops, bending down, stretching up, down, side..... Long walk while kids on bikes, made for sore feet too.   I was uber sore last night. 

My car is in the shop.  Brake failure.  Just had it inspected and new tires last week. I suspect they did not get a clip back on correctly when reassembling the brakes during inspection.  It is now metal on metal...

Nathanial is growing like crazy.  He wants to nurse every 90 minutes.  Anna. 14, looks like a number 2 mom.  She is terrific.  

Mindy the miracle dog turned 18.  So many times we thought she was gone.  Then she bounces back.  She's blind, and has weak muscles and has wicked seizures.  Oh my oh my, I see myself in her!  In fact her anti seizure med is the same as mine!

It is so beautiful here.  I don't want to go home.  They are calling for 2-4" of snow in DE on Saturday when we return.:cry:

Tom in the mountains of Western Carolina
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-05 2:41 PM
So glad you are enjoying the time with the grandchildren!  Stay another day and that way you won't have to face the snow.

That is terrible about your car.  Hope it is not too expensive of a repair.

I am 13 years older than my baby brother and I too was and (still am) like his second Mom.   When my Mom was at work, I would take care of him.
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-04-05 7:28 PM
Tom, the older we get, the more muscles we find we haven't used in years. Be well!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / T h u r s d a y - 4 / 5 / 2 0 1 8