Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Windy Wednesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-04-04 7:03 AM
Lots of wind. Dangerous to be under trees right now.
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-04 7:03 AM
Tuesday turned out to be a good day. I was able to get 35 minutes of a good run in before the thunder started rumbling. It stopped for quite a while but then got quite heavy around supper time.

I’m getting some free over the counter items from my insurance company and I found that Salvation Army can pick up the motorized chair. Also, I am getting a new toilet.
Today I will be running inside since the weather is extremely windy.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-04 2:03 PM
That's good that you found a place to take the chair. Enjoy your run.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-04 8:00 AM
Bike ride home yesterday was almost 5 miles.  My lower right ab cramped up going up a hill with cars behind me.  Talk about having to just gut it out.  Had to keep moving because there wasn't anywhere to stop and the cars couldn't go around me safely.

Ride in today was uneventful.  It rained last night so I was afraid drivers would have forgotten how to drive.  But they didn't!  Shocking!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-04 2:04 PM
You must be really fit with all of the trainer workouts. I get ab cramps a lot and hate them.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-04 2:34 PM
Not that fit yet, started in a not-so-great spot, but day by day, step by step, making progress.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-04 9:50 AM
45 min in the pool. I ended up sharing a lane with splashy butterfly guy. Kinda pissed me off because there were other spaces and I was trying to practice some synchro moves that are harder to do in a shared lane.  Oh well.

I was also thinking, I have named my swim mates things like "splashy butterfly guy" and "see through bathing suit" and "the clapper".  What have they named me?:shocker!:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-04 2:05 PM
Why does he share your lane if others are available? I would think he would want space too.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-04 7:11 PM
I was in the center lane. The other lanes were against the wall and already had one person in them, so he'd be the one swimming against the wall, a not fun place to swim.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-05 12:42 PM
Especially for someone doing butterfly, I'd think.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-04 3:40 PM
Please tell me "the clapper" is named for his/her actions not his anatomy...

My guess would be "serious swimmer woman" is what you are known as.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-04 2:02 PM
I ran 2 miles and it was the best run yet. I am hoping that is a sign of good runs to come. I worked a half day, but am spending the other half getting paperwork done. So much for a free afternoon. In good news, DD will be getting engaged soon.:shocker!::hug: DD's BF asked DH for her hand in marriage yesterday. He is planning to ask her the last weekend in April when they are at Disney. He is taking her to propose. She loves Disney and I have to give his mom the credit for suggesting it. He asked if we wanted to go and be there. Not sure yet but I think I do want to go. DH has been out for his knee and finances are tight.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-04 3:41 PM
Congratulations to DD in advance, nice that her BF was polite and asked your DH. I know it's old fashioned but some dads are unhappy if that is not followed and there's no sense in starting a marriage with her dad unhappy with you.

2 miles of good run, nice!
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-04 3:39 PM
Not windy. Marine layer followed by hazy sun -- June gloom weather the first week of April. I'm afraid it might be a very hot summer.

3.8 this morning then 4.25 at lunch.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Windy Wednesday dailies