Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wimpy Wednesday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-04 4:49 AM
It's 5 degrees out. And of course, now I'm getting sick.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-04 4:54 AM
~Record low temp this morning :roll:

~Snow expected Friday :mutmad:

~Snow expected Sunday :mutmad::mutmad:

~And I have a freaking cold. Ain't nobody got time for that

~I haven't had soda since first of February. But last night my throat hurt so bad I had to have one.

~Get to work and some asshole had left the fridge door open. Guess I'll throw out the brand new 1/2 gallon of Almond Milk :mutmad:

~Kelly V keeps kicking my ass at Words With Friends
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:11 AM
Words with Friends. I forgot all about that. My niece and I used to play.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 6:22 AM
soda helps your throat? I've never heard of that

aside from M, I only play Words With Friends against runangoers/former runangoers :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:23 AM
:laugh:

Soda does make my throat feel better when it hurts.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:30 AM
5 degrees:shocker!::cry::cry::cry: W.T.F.:mutmad:

Words with friends! I haven't played that in forever!:laugh::cool:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:51 PM
I'm just appalled by your weather!  I like the cold, but even I am done with winter.  :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:20 AM
--Iowa got all of our plants covered. It took him two hours. :cry:

--Harvest season is over. Iowa’s bosses have already transitioned into the "bigger than usual dick mode”. Half threatening with his job, etc. I honestly wish they’d just fire him. It would be a favor. They’d be screwed and the ex wife would be screwed and that would be the end of that. :grin::evil: Once my benefits take effect the job doesn’t really have any value to us anyway. 

--Has anyone ever eaten at Red Robin? I cashed in some of my survey points for a gift certificate there. One opened in Springfield recently.

--I have to clean out my car today. :blush: Appointment with Subaru in the morning.

--Sarge and Meadow got into a fight yesterday. Meadow found one of Sarge’s hidden treasures (cow ear) and he came over toward her when she was eating it. They tangled pretty good but there was no blood shed. Kind surprised Sarge hung out for the confrontation.

--My sister’s knee surgery is today. It’s a lot worse than the doctor originally thought. :meh: Going to be a long recovery.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:24 AM
Our doggies are getting a bit testy with each other too.  Must be the shitty weather :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah I've had Red Robbin in KC. Endless Fries 

I just saw a sign that one was opening somewhere.....either here in town or in North KC.....somewhere close
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 6:24 AM
I've been to Red Robin a few times. It isn't anything special IMO. Their big thing is bottomless steak fries - I'm not a fan of steak fries and really you don't need  bottomless.  They do have a sweet potato fry option too. The one thing I do like about it is they have some smaller sized burger options for like $6.99 vs most places where your only option is giant and $12 or whatever.

She's just now having surgery? Has she just been in a cast/brace all this time?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-04 7:00 AM
The orthopedic has had her in a full leg brace this entire time. He wanted to wait for the swelling to go down and he was hopeful that the MCL would heal on its own. Well, it didn’t. Now he has to go in and repair that and the meniscus and since he’s going to be doing that he’s going to go ahead and repair the ACL as well, which he was also hoping he could avoid. All of this adds another 6 weeks onto the healing process so she’s going to be out of work for at least another 3 months. :cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 7:10 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:49 PM
I hope your sister's surgery and recovery go beautifully!  :hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:45 AM
Bought a car! Waiting on official bank approval as the total cost is over what I was pre-approved on. But it shouldn't be a problem since it isn't much. I have to take the check over today. And I need to find the title for my car.:meh:

Steel grey 2015 Dodge Journey. 43K miles. Drives like a dream. No sunroof:roll: No back up camera:cry: I'm gonna have to learn how to back up again:cry::laugh:

Lovely. Love the car. Needed the car. But just stressing about money. I have 2 more large dental payments and have 3 months free from soccer payments:roll: ugh. I know it will all come out in the end but I'm gonna have to be super tight right now. :sad:

Just emailed Q about kids money. His child support is automatic, but he owes me about $600 on docs and extracurricular sports.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:53 AM
Dodge Journey is a good-lookin car :cool::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 6:53 AM
that's what you have now, right, just newer? I don't know if I could handle no back up camera I'm so used to it. Does it at least have the sensor?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:58 AM
I had the 2009. This is much much newer:cool: Better color, too.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-04 7:05 AM
Glad you found something you like. Is it AWD? Not that it probably matters where you live though.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-04 7:09 AM
No. And definitely no:laugh:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:50 PM
YAY NEW CAR!!!  Sounds like a perfect choice!  :cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 6:51 AM
Think we made a decision on HVAC system. A $11,500 decision :cry:

Woke up with a headache and I can already feel it getting worse.

Had to get gas on the way in and I stopped in for a fountain drink. I'm starting to think if I have caffeine too early it makes my head hurt. Caffeine used to help but I think I need to push it back until late morning

Crazy rain yesterday. The southside of the city got the most and there were lots of road closures. Anywhere with low lying ground turned into a lake

As I continue to see things like the You Tube shooter or school shootings it makes me scared for my kid and the world he is going to grow up in. And I'm not saying this as a gun control/no gun control topic at all but just the fact that time and time again people inflicting so much harm or terror onto those around them all because they are mad. If I do anything right raising this boy it will be teaching him there are better outlet to anger than trying to hurt others (or himself)

OK maybe a little deep for Wednesday morning runango :laugh:

Knee didn't hurt after my workout last night which is good although my hip was still hurting
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:54 AM
$11,500 for HVAC????? 

My house barely cost more than that :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 7:12 AM
I couldn't believe it either. I put one in my old house for like $5-6K but this house is bigger and it is a heat pump so it is more expensive. My parents had to put a new one in their house last year and dad said it was $9-10K and their house is a little smaller than ours.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-04 7:14 AM
My God I would just have to abandon our house and live in a van by the river
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-04 8:07 AM
God bless my attic fan, ceiling fans and heating blankets because I'd just have to go without.:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-04 7:10 AM
I agree with you about the expressions of anger and hatred. There has to be a better way.

Glad the knee didn't hurt:hug:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:48 PM
Ouch on the HVAC!  I hope it serves you well, and forever!

Absolutely agree on your anger outlet thoughts.  :hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-04 9:02 AM
back in the gym today

need team building game ideas

3-2-1 go
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-04 12:49 PM
Group tequila shots: pbbt: Oh wait, these are minors............
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:51 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 1:03 PM
relay races that incorporate conditioning type things - high knees, butt kicks, etc

three-legged race

create a Ninja warrior type course or obstacle course
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:47 PM
If he creates a Ninja Warrior type obstacle course, I'll join the team! :laugh:

Of course, it would have to be senior citizen-friendly :cry:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wimpy Wednesday RTTS