Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday Rainy dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-04-03 6:30 AM
Crazy day here with leaks getting fixed and pipes replaced. :shocker!::wink:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-04-03 6:37 AM
Monday my new little drum chair came and I am very pleased with it. It’s off white with a pattern of black tree branches with silvery-grey leaves (sort of like pussy willows). Made by Amish in Ohio, it’s also on a swivel. I will donate a motorized lift chair that DH needed when he was ill. It’s in good shape so I plan to donate it to some organization. I need to make some calls today to see if someone will come and pick it up.

Just as I was about to make exercise plans, a leak sprung upstairs so the rest of the day was spent moving stuff (XT? :laugh:)and mopping up. None of my stuff was damaged. They will replace the pipe today. Chair is moved to dinette, bathroom stuff to dinette and bedroom, bathroom stuff in kitchen, etc. I have lived in apartments for 75 years, so this is not a problem. :laugh:
I plan to run here at home today and start some mini-cross training activities.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:08 AM
Water leaks are never fun, even if you have a system for dealing with them.  XT counts!  :happy:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-03 10:44 AM
Leaks can cause so much damage. Sounds like cross training to me.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-03 11:13 AM
You're not on the top floor, are you? So it was a pipe not a roof leak?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-03 4:12 PM
No, I'm on a lower floor. It was a pipe that developed some leaks and has been taken care of. :happy:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-03 7:40 PM
Water leak mitigation is definitely cross-training. :cry:
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:06 AM
I haven't been posting but I've been faithfully working out with my trainer 3 times a week.  Been working to get my step count up - mostly just to remind myself to move more during the day.  I'm able to consistently get 7000 steps every day of the week.  Mondays and Fridays are hard because they are really meeting heavy. Now my goal is a minimum 4 days with 10000 steps with a target of 5 days. 

Today I returned to biking to work.  It was really really cool to have the massive hill not be a challenge today!  I was half way up it in my highest gear before I realized it.  I shifted down one to make it up all the way.  So 1 and some change to the trainer, total body workout (was supposed to be leg day, but I begged for mercy), then 3.5 to work.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-03 11:14 AM
Great job on the massive hill! Especially in the high gears rather than reaching down hoping there's a great-granny gear (even lower than granny gears).
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-04-03 6:12 PM
:cool:  Hill?  What hill?
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-03 7:40 PM
Awesome that you're seeing progress. :cool:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-03 9:00 AM
3.3 miles for me. "Tapering" for Saturday's 15k. I expect I'll do 3ish tomorrow and 5 on Thursday, off Friday. Yesterday was SDO as well. I'm looking forward to the race, even though it will be cold. My SIL and her family will be visiting for the weekend from MN, and she and I are running it together :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-03 11:15 AM
Good luck with the race.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-03 7:39 PM
I hope your race goes well!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-03 10:43 AM
I'm trying to be better about posting. Today was strength and core work. I am trying my best to be consistent with it, since I usually slack off on it. Tomorrow I have to leave the house much earlier and it is suppose to be a run day. This past week I have been extra tried, so hopefully I can get up in the morning.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-03 11:15 AM
I am really bad at strength and core and admire people who can keep up with the routine.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-03 7:39 PM
What is this "strengthening" and "core" of which you speak? :laugh:

It is awfully hard to get out and run when the day starts with an extra early appointment. :cry:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:48 AM
haha, I struggle with the same issues! So hard to remember/want to fit in strength.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-04 6:49 AM
hi! good to see you :hug: I too suck with the strength and core work, sigh. I know it's important - essential even - but it's always the first thing to go.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday Rainy dailies