Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tuesday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:09 AM
Today's weather is a big ol bag of shit
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:20 AM
~Fog, mist, drizzle, rain, snow and 37 mph winds today and a high only 39. So freaking neat.

~16% of Americans believe the world is flat.

~Gonna be a rough season for the Royals :sad::cry:

~This Sunday we add a new degree of difficulty. We time 2 races going on at the same time. 5K and 5 mile.  Very small number of runners though. :sad:

~Election Day. We have a very smarmy minister running for mayor. The guy gives me the creeps.

~Got a very nice review from the Director of Camp Quality from the race Saturday. Put it up on our website.

~Track meet Sat is gonna be crappy. Chance of snow and lower 40s
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-03 6:29 AM
Do you have the same start line or same finish line?

smarmy - I don't think I've seen that word since I read Little Women :laugh:  And now that I think about it, it wasn't smarmy but rather they called their mom "marmee"
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:29 AM
Both. They are both out and backs. Should be simple.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-03 6:36 AM
oh ok that's good. I thought you were working on a race with either different starts/finishes and it seemed strange
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:38 AM
How do you even remember that?:wtf::wtf::wtf::shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-03 6:39 AM
you'll thank me when it comes up on one of your trivia questions :laugh:  If someone asked what they called their mom I would never have thought about it but smarmy triggered it
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:41 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:59 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:38 AM
Do those 16% live in Kansas?

Good luck this week! Glad you got a nice review for last week's work.:cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:41 AM
:laugh: They might live in KS
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:56 AM
I’m glad I’m not living in Aurora anymore. I wouldn’t want to be responsible in any way for the outcome of the City Council. Candidates are as low as you can go.

Isn’t the Christmas in July race going to be confusing to time too with all of us switching directions every hour?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:59 AM
Yeah a little bit.....working out the kinks on that one.

Basically I have to set a time for the reader to ignore reads to account for the turnaround. Like once it reads you it can't read you again for 60 seconds.  Or something.  You will finish the lap you are on then turn around.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-03 6:36 AM
Pouring rain today most of the day. I drove by a neighborhood this morning that looks like it has a giant lake in people's back yards.  The interstate was also shut down on the southside for a foot of standing water :shocker!:

No work out yesterday for various reasons but definitely doing it today

Getting quotes for new heat pump (aka furnace/AC) - ours is apparently dying after only being 11 years old :mutmad:  $3000 to fix it and they will stop making the coolant in 2 years so basically means have to replace everything instead to the tune of about $10K

Daycare had a problem with the locks on the doors this morning and the staff couldn't get in. It opens at 6am and they didn't get in until 7am :shocker!: Good thing I didn't try to take B early

22.5% of runners BQd at a local race this past weekend. Wow! Especially since the race is not flat. I mean it probably isn't hilly to most but it is definitely hilly around here in parts

I've been craving Starburst jelly beans all weekend and finally went to get some last night but since easter candy is 50% off they didn't have any :cry:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:40 AM
Heat Pump :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::cry::cry::cry: That sucks, sorry

That's crazy about the Daycare! What did they do with kids that HAD to be left with them?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-03 6:51 AM
I guess the parents went home or sat and waited.  I wondered that too as I know a few people drop off at like 6:15 and those kids weren't there when I got there. Some people don't have the luxury of being late to work or missing a few hours so idk what they did
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:59 AM
Nothing in the way of appliances, etc. seem to last as long as they used to. :meh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-03 8:06 AM
My parents just replaced theirs last year - the furnace was original to the house (1981 !!!!)
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:01 AM
Ugh . House equipment. That sucks. :sad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:59 AM
Yesterday was 80 degrees and gorgeous!

Test drove three cars yesterday. Nissan Rogue. Kia Soul. Ford Escape. Liked all three but the Soul is too small. Though I can get one all maxxed out because they are so cheap and available:mischief: So i'm thinking.....

Bank is having a car loan promotion so I applied for a loan through them. They previously approved me last month so I'm sure this will be better.

How do people buy cars without driving them? Do all Rogues drive the same, and so on? I can't trust that.

Going for a run tonight. I'm not as sore from the core workout as I expected. Must work out harder, I guess.

Now wondering about awesome scenery and fewer crowds during a mostly downhill marathon versus the whole big crowd/expo/experience....I think I expect to pick the perfect race and really there isn't one. :roll: #OCD
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:11 AM
Are you trading your current vehicle in or are you planning to sell it yourself or keep it?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:16 AM
Trade it in. I hope to get $1000 for it:laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:13 AM
Suzi's AGM bought a loaded KIA Soul for the same reason.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:17 AM
I was thinking and then I drove by one and it is half the length of my journey:shocker!: So small.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-03 8:08 AM
The Soul is small, the Sportage would be comparable to the Rogue/Escape. I didn't like how small the back window was (on the Sportage) when I looked at it years ago, but it may have changed.  My friend drove a Soul for a long time, mostly because it was cheap, and I think it served her well although it was small.

Nice scenery but few crowds can be demoralizing later in a race (at least for me) if you're suffering but even big races are going to have some down time spots like that
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 8:31 AM
My dad bought the new sportage when he wrecked his car and my daughter last December. It is nice. I might look for a used one of those. I'm going to go out this weekend I think and see about finding something.

I agree about the races. My first half was the ING Atlanta and the crowds saved me.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:08 AM
--Hopefully I got everything squared away with the Assessor’s office. :roll: Nothing other than a complete lack of attention to detail. So frustrating.

--I guess the little piece of paper from the DMV with my handwritten new address is all the more I’m going to get for my driver’s license. :wtf: Whatever. I’m not paying money for a replacement. I’ll wait until 2022 when it expires. :laugh:

--My sister is sending my oldest niece to Spain for a month this summer. Willow was complaining because she has taken several years of Spanish and can’t speak any. Maybe this will help. : pbbt:

--It’s supposed to be 23 degrees tonight. Most of the cabbage, etc. plants have a plastic container around them. We’re going to put containers around the ones that remain plus cover them in sheets or plastic. Otherwise, they won’t make it if it gets down that low.

--I never knew Garth Brooks’ “Shameless” was a cover of a Billy Joel song. Learned that on The Voice last night. Listened to Billy Joel’s version on YouTube and while it was good, I think Garth covered it much better.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:13 AM
to me, it always sounded like Garth was singing "I'm Shaving!" and I thought that was odd
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-03 9:55 AM
Kind of like the Charlie Puth song “Attention” for me. I always thought he was saying, “you just want to touch it” referring to his dick. :laugh::blush:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:16 AM
Billy Joel is awesome as a songwriter. But Garth made that song. I still have the Billy Joel cds

Ahhhh........espana! Como deseo visitarte un otra vez.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-03 8:12 AM
You have to have the Real ID by 2020 to fly so probably will need it sooner just FYI (unless you already have that kind)

I took 7 years of French and could barely speak it :blush:  I could read it, right it, and understand it but I had trouble getting it from my brain and out of my mouth.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-03 8:37 AM
I have a passport for traveling purposes.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tuesday RTTS