Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday - 4/3/2018
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-03 5:23 AM
Good morning folks.

What's your most effective remedy for a common cold?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-03 5:38 AM
Uncle.

Yes, I had to say it. I have been feeling worse each day since my return from the NY trip. I can't believe I have a "common cold".  When I miss work it has been for things like shingles or foot surgery. I don't get colds. But today I am going to sign into work so I can notify my boss and the guys I work with that I won't be working today. Then I am going to head to Walgreen's to pick-up something to lessen the headache and congestion. I will then spend the day in my La-z-boy.

Cindy still has not turned the heat back on. It is still 57 in my office. It's amazing how it seems to hold at that temperature. But it is supposed to get into the 70's today so I'll be able to open a window and warm-up.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:00 AM
Vick’s Sauve is my go to. I rub that on my chest and throat, cover myself with blankets and stay in bed.

Feel better!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:34 AM
Darn, I hate to misspell words.  That should be Vicks Salve.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:11 AM
When I get a cold I find it most effective to complain a lot and drink orange juice.   Sorry you caught one, you'll probably just have to wait it out.:sad:

Congrats to Villanova.  It was a wild tournament.  I only watched the first half and Michigan was amazing.

Supposed to run tonight.  The forecast is low 30's, snow, and a 20mph north wind.  Sounds like all kind of fun.:roll:   Last year at this point I had already mowed the yard once.  This year I have to keep the snow shovel handy for a few more weeks.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-03 7:34 AM
I bet Mark Oles is still celebrating!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-03 10:17 AM
His FB page is all smiles.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-03 8:25 AM
Off to Pleasant Hill for a 4ish - 5 miles PW On Contra Costa Trail.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-03 1:43 PM
we hit 5 this morning and then coffee (cancer) at Little Blitz Café in Pleasant Hill.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-03 10:27 AM
Big training day.   Cleaning up Josiah's garden trains from the winter.  Isaac's friend is coming this afternoon for a big training session. I'll tell you, this grandparenting  is tough.

Left home at 35 degrees in rain, sleet snow mix.  About 8 hours later I look on the dash and go whoa.  The exterior temp indicator says 78.  It is so beautiful here in the mountains.  Red buds blooming and just flat out beauty everywhere you look. 

Passed 3 crashes on the way. One happened in front of us in eye sight...a mini van w/ Uhaul and a semi.  Thankfully it wasn't a horrible outcome but the mini van and Uhaul were likely totaled.  I told Lynda that passing crashes on I-81 is the norm on these trips.  It's not a good interstate.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-03 4:29 PM
How's the new baby?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-03 5:13 PM
Nathanial is growing.   Eat, Eat, eat.  Lots of smiles.   I think you're ready to be a grandma, and you will be a good one, and you will love it.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-04 7:42 AM
apparently I'm already a grandma as Lisa refers to the darn cat as "son".  I'm sure Nathanial is much more of a blessing than Pierre.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-04-03 2:37 PM
Makayla bought her first vehicle yesterday.  She's been driving a '95 Beretta that Melissa and I bought new.  The car runs well, but is falling apart everywhere else (kind of like me).  We went to a couple of used car lots yesterday and scored a 2007 Equinox for an unbelievably great deal.  Makayla loves it.  Before purchasing it, we drove it to our neighbor who has a fully equipped garage for vehicle repair.  He put it on the rack, went through it with a computer and found a few minor problems that he could fix.  Makayla has been saving money for a year and she paid for 95% of the cost herself.  Meanwhile my neighbor is doing around $400 worth of repairs and we're giving him the Beretta as payment.  His idea.

It's spring break for us.  I ran 8 miles late morning in the sunshine.  It's windy.

I thought the flu was going to kill me this year so I have no remedy for a cold.  I rarely get a cold.  Melissa swears that using natural oils are helpful and uses Vicks cream or something.  I never use that stuff.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-03 3:34 PM
Congratulations to Makayla on her first car purchase! 

Enjoy your spring break!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-03 4:30 PM
Congrats to your daughter.  That is a great milestone!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-04 7:42 AM
and quite a testimony for the Beretta!  What color was it?  I think I've only ever seen that car in red.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-03 5:16 PM
You have done real good raising a wonderful daughter.   Great job being debt free.  Call Dave Ramsey.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2018-04-03 3:19 PM
Water, water and more water. I also discovered this year that Nuun Vitamin seemed to help with duration but that could have been my head.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-03 3:34 PM
Well hello Jen!  How are you and the kids?
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-04-04 11:18 AM
We are doing well, thanks for asking! How are you and the hubs?
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday - 4/3/2018