Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / New Month, new Nrr
- - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-02 12:14 PM
Anyone play any good April Fool's jokes?
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-02 1:22 PM
what a weekend!! Passover is always a lot of work, but Friday morning MCF woke up feeling awful. Luckily it did resolve by mid-day, but I was worried for a while there that I was going to have to do the whole thing myself.  Friday, I had hit 10,000 steps before about 2pm, and that was all at the grocery store or in the house.  Our Passover dishes are stored in 5 totes that weight 30-50 pounds. MCF isn't supposed to carry that kind of weight on stairs (since the leg break) so I got to lug them up from the garage, as well as all the cleaning, etc. My body just hurt by the end of the day. But the seder was fun, and we ended up pulling it all off.

Saturday I had a 2 hour synchro workout and a 4 hour nap!!:shocker!:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:11 PM
Sounds like you deserved the nap after getting everything ready for Passover then doing a synchro workout!

How many people at your seder?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-02 5:19 PM
150-250lbs of food? :shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 6:49 PM
I think (hope) she meant the dish ware not the food
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-02 8:19 PM
Yes' a kitchen's worth of dishes including service for 18 or so!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:11 PM
Nope. Easter morning isn't conducive to April Fool's. Everyone's in such a frazzled state that adding pranks to the mix would not be a good idea at all.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-02 5:21 PM
Mother Nature seems to be going for a day-late April Fool's joke given that it is currently 77*F inside. :mutmad:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-02 8:20 PM
We had hail, and sun, and thunder and lightening all yesterday. So I agree with the nature April fools joke! And lightening is rare in Seattle.
Parent - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2018-04-02 8:26 PM
In NYC we got our April Fool a day late when we woke up to several inches of snow. : pbbt:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-03 6:10 AM
We got about 5" of snow :cry: This weather is crazy!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-03 7:26 PM
I started tiling the shower today.  I'm about halfway done, but I'm not good enough at tiling to make any time doing it.  It's one of those tasks that is just frustrating and unenjoyable because I know enough to understand the basic principles and I know how it ought to end up if it's done right, but I don't know tricks for hiding flaws and I don't know shortcuts.  Most people would think what I've done looks great, but I see all of the flaws where I don't know how to get large-format tile to float just right. {sigh}  I'm also annoyed because I made a mistake in the tile layout.  I thought I was doing it to where I could cut around the shower control valve fairly easily but, once I got several hours into working, I realized I'd laid the first course of tile incorrectly (splitting the center line instead of centering on it) so I'm going to end up having to drill out a hole for the shower valve in a single tile, which is a massive PITA and is going to take an awful lot more time than if I'd done it like I planned to where I could cut two semicircles with the tile saw.  Anyway, that's what I have to look forward to tomorrow. :roll:
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-04-04 11:29 AM
Could you cut the tile in half & then semi-circles on each half?  Leave a really, really thin gap for the grout joint (equal to the saw kerf) and call it good enough?

Or is your grout a contrasting color & will make that into an obnoxious visual effect?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-04 7:19 PM
I did that on the floor tile around the toilet flange, but that was covered by the toilet.  It'd definitely be noticeable in the shower.  Drilling out the hole actually went better than I thought as the shower tiles aren't nearly as hard to drill through as the floor tiles were.  I marked my hole and drilled probably 30 or 40 1/4" holes around the circumference then knocked the center out with a hammer.  It's not the most beautiful or fastest way to do it, but the hole itself covers with the trim piece for the shower controls and the faster ways involve buying a diamond blade for an angle grinder or a diamond hole saw.  I couldn't justify doing that to make one hole.

Good news is that the shower tile is done!  I have to grout it, but that shouldn't be too bad.
Parent - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-04-04 8:28 PM
Congrats on the shower tile completion!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 12:35 PM
I bet it looks great but I am sure you're more critical of your own work than others would be
Parent - - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-04-04 11:24 AM Edited 2018-04-04 11:30 AM
My employer recently started a new wellness program in the cafeteria - if you buy 4 of their "Healthy Eating" meals, they will pay for the 5th. :cool: today was a chicken pita made with yogurt & garam masala. I like this far better than the "biggest loser" competitions, last year's "water drinking challenge" :roll:, and other pseudo-science programs (essential oils classes, supplements, etc.).

They also announced a partnership with real appeal - anyone familiar with that one? :wtf:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-04 12:36 PM
that's a neat idea with the meals and a nice perk.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-04 3:44 PM
I know nothing about real appeal, however that "you buy 4, we will buy one" for the healthy meal sounds like a good incentive. Some of your company's campaigns have been, um, a bit shortsighted.
Parent - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-04-04 8:28 PM
You're being generous with that description : pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-05 6:49 AM
many wellness programs try to be broader than just what we may normally think of - eat healthy and exercise. They also try to appeal to those who are not interested in exercise or changing eating habits but maybe they will be motivated to make a little step like a water drinking challenge, meditating 10 minutes, stretching every day, etc. While I agree supplements and essential oils seems like not quite the best approach but it might speak to some in a way that the usual wellness activities do not.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-06 5:53 AM
Meditation is easy to do and can really be helpful! I'm a practicing believer. :happy:
Parent - By Hay Burner Date 2018-04-05 6:47 AM
That does sound like a good program that will give people incentive!!
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-04-04 2:01 PM
Winds are gusting, and it is snowing.  :meh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-04 2:07 PM
Good news! Dd is getting engaged the last Friday of this month! I am so excited and I love BF. He asked permission yesterday and is asking her in Disney, which is her favorite place. It makes my heart smile. Tonight he is picking up the ring, but DD is here so I don't know if I will get to see it. They have also been saving for a house.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-04 4:56 PM
Aw, how wonderful!! And sweet that he wants to ask her at Disney. Congrats to the couple and to you for raising a great DD :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-04 7:08 PM
Aww, congrats to them! :hug:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-04 7:10 PM
Mazel tov!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-05 6:49 AM
:cool:
Parent - By Hay Burner Date 2018-04-05 7:06 AM
What wonderful news!!!  So happy for you!!!  :grin::grin::grin::grin:
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-04-05 7:31 AM
:cool::hug:
Such happy news! It sounds like a very joyful time for everyone.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-04-06 5:54 AM
How wonderful! :hug::hug:
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-06 9:36 AM
Wow, that's great, congrats! :grin::hug:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-06 10:07 AM
How exciting!:happy::hug:
Parent - - By Hay Burner Date 2018-04-05 7:05 AM
Hello, ladies.  On Spring Break right now.  What a year it's been.  Since this is the second time I've been a "first-year teacher," I knew it would be hard, but man...  I don't think I've ever worked this hard or this much in my life.  The good part is that I really do like my job, and next year they have split my job into 2 full-time positions.  They have already selected the new HS choral director.  That, along with the fact that my Music Appreciation class curriculum is now developed, should ease things up a lot.

I can only post on the NRR because my athletic life has been non-existent since November.  I ran a local 5K on the first Saturday in December and then didn't run again until the end of March.  I didn't move my body at all those weeks in between.  I feel so out of shape and blah.  DH & I tried getting up at 5 AM at the beginning of the school year and we managed it for about 8 weeks.  However, I've never been one to just suck it up when I hate doing something that much.  I also remembered my advice to exercise newbies - find something you like doing because if you hate it, you'll never stick with it.  So we've just got to figure out times when we can work out.  It should be a little easier now that it's light outside for longer.

OK, off to get a run in before I have to head out and test a piano for my recital on 4/15.  Yes, I'm doing another solo recital.  I tried to get out of it back in the fall when I realized I would not have time to practice (I signed the contract last year before taking my new job) but they wouldn't let me out of it.  I've managed to practice a little bit in the past 2-3 weeks, so I think it should go all right as long as I relax, forget the audience, and just feel the music.  These days my biggest problem is memory slips.  They never used to happen when I was younger and I just don't know how to mentally deal with them.  I get so mad and then that distracts me even more.
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2018-04-05 7:34 AM
Ooof, that's a lot going on. So next year you will do the Music Appreciation class and someone else will be the new HS choral director?
It's hard to find a time to work out that works with the rest of life schedule. I agree it doesn't make sense esp. returning to activity to do something/go at a time that a person hates. Just takes some tweaking to find what works.
Another solo recital - what are you playing? I can see how the memory slips could be frustrating, especially if it makes a person lose focus or stays in the head for the rest of the performance so the other parts feel the effect because of the mental shakeup.
Parent - By Hay Burner Date 2018-04-05 7:57 AM
I also have an 8th grade choir that we have transformed into a Show Choir this semester.  Originally, I only had THREE kids signed up for it.  (I had 13 in first semester, only 9 of whom really wanted to be there.)  But upon learning it would be a show choir, 3 of the first semester girls transferred in.  So we had six at the start in January.  Then gradually, one by one, the others came back and we even got one new girl.  So we have 10 now.  We're doing Disney songs.  A Beauty & the Beast medley, Songs of a Disney Princess, and Can You Feel the Love Tonight.  They sing really well and have enjoyed doing choreography.  Our choreographer is one of the 8th graders in the choir, and she's done a good job.  I went to Goodwill and bought 40 dresses - some long, some short - and we had a trying-on party one day during 5th period.  So now they each have a "princess" gown and also a short dress for the B&B number.

We've also publicized the fact that choir is now a Show Choir.  I went to the 7th grade guidance counselor and asked how many have signed up for choir as a possible elective next year.  47.  I was like... :grin::grin::grin::grin:  Of those 47, 27 of them ranked choir as #1 or #2, so it looks like I'll have a good-sized bunch next year.  That will present new challenges but I'm excited to tackle them.  I'm watching lots of show choir videos on YouTube, getting ideas.

The new HS choir director has experience with show choirs, so that will be a big help to me.

I'm not sure what my schedule for next year will be... my 4 morning music appreciation classes (grades 6/7), 5th period Show Choir, and then I'm not sure what else.  I'm going to try to get that settled in the next few weeks, if possible.  I like things to be planned and settled.

My recital program:
Bach:  Prelude & Fugue in C major, WTC II
Haydn:  Sonata in E-flat major, Hob. XVI:52
Chopin:  Ballade in G minor, Op. 23
Grieg:  Notturno, Op. 54, No. 4
Liszt:  VallĂ©e d'Obermann
Liszt:  Hungarian Rhapsody No. 11
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-05 8:01 AM
Good to see you!  It definitely sounds like you have been busy.  I hope next school year is a calmer version of enjoyable!

When it comes to exercise you should definitely do something you enjoy, but I think there's also an element of sucking it up and doing the unenjoyable parts if the overall process is something you enjoy.  When I started back to running and had to get up stupidly early to do it, I decided to run every other day because I knew I couldn't maintain getting up that early every day.  That was almost 11 years ago and, although I'm not getting up as early anymore, I'm still consistently running every other morning.
Parent - By Hay Burner Date 2018-04-05 8:18 AM
That is a good point.  One thing I thought about was working out Saturday & Sunday, and maybe only getting up early once or twice during the week.

I'm not into racing at this point; fitness is my goal.  I think that would be enough to stay fit.
Parent - By Hay Burner Date 2018-04-06 10:11 AM
Ugh.  Went to the sports doc and my left hand is now in a splint.  Does not bode well for a solo recital in nine days.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-06 3:11 PM
Random observations:
- I've hit the point in passover where even my urine smells like matzah.  Does this happen for other diets too?
- my eyebrows are starting to go grey. I don't want to pluck the grey hairs as I've got a tendency to over pluck (I have a mild case of that hair pulling thing that starts with a T and I can't spell.) How do I cover grey eyebrow hairs?
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-04-06 3:39 PM
Does the dye applied to head hair not also work on eyebrows?

During Navratri when we can eat no grain or much else for 10 days (only certain root veg and fruit in the evening) I have sometimes noticed some difference in normal body systems operation/energy, though not odour changes. I think more from the change from the normal routine than anything else.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-06 4:05 PM
I get both my eyebrows and lashes tinted regularly.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-04-07 7:25 AM
Yep. Depends on the diet. Have you never eaten asparagus? :laugh:

I dye both brows and lashes. I also use Lash Boost from R+F (not selling it just saying) that helps them thicken them a bit. With grey you have the issue of the hair tends to not want to grab the color as fast as non grey.  It usually lasts about a month I've found. If you can stand looking like Frieda Khalo for a couple days, its better to get the brows a bit "over tinted" so you look a bit severe, as the color will wear off the skin in about 3 days but will leave enough color behind to the lashes look tinted. If you leave looking perfect you may not like it in a week. There are different brands so if one brand doesn't lift you can try more. Some places may even specialize in grey. Its all vegetable dye has to be around the eyes.  The lashes usually look a bit darker, it helps to curl them too. It won't look like mascara but will give you a bit of a pop.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-07 8:02 AM
What do you think of the lash boost? I've considered it but didn't want to spend that much if it didn't work. The only other people I know who've used it sell R&F.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-04-08 4:15 PM
It works but it isn't going to work miracles. I like it because it is natural unlike Latisse. Its a small improvement. Some people see pretty dramatic results. Honestly if you want really dramatic results Mink extensions are the way to go. But they require upkeep just like gel nails. Too much work
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-08 7:41 PM
I'm too low maintenance, upkeep needs to be minimal or it won't happen!
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-08 3:21 AM
My eyebrows are iinvisible, very light hairs, so I've dyed them for years. It's fairly easy to do.
Parent - - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-08 3:36 AM
Not really, but the media here usually plays a couple. One this year was that Costco was selling very cheap gas so a lot of peope went over there. Gas is REALLY expensive here so not surprising. Thing were unusually tame this year since it fell on Easter Sunday.

Had a pretty busy week, we had a huge fire on Thursday just south of Reykjavik, the biggest one in some years. It was in a warehouse with outdoor clothing, fleece and the like, and it spread so quickly that we are baffled. There were no fatalities, but it came very close. :shocker!: We are forming a team with the police for investigating the fire, this is something new and very, very interesting to me professionally. We went to the scene on Friday, the devestation is beyond words. :sad: There were about 200 private storage units adjacent the warehouse and a lot of people lost their posessions. But nobody died and that's most important.

At home I'm busy planting vegetables and even some flowers, I start them tine living room, then put them out in the garage where it's a bit cooler and H has put up lights for plants. Next they'll go to the greenhouse when it stops freezing over here. So we've got a whole production line going! It may sound insane to try to grow things this far north but I'm interested in seeing how far we can go wtih this.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-08 9:22 PM
That's the most important thing -- nobody died. I hope nobody was badly hurt either. I've had a few of those called in as losses and the first question is "is everyone OK? All right then, we can fix this." Even when the loss is multi millions of dollars or pounds or euros.

Obviously you can't say much on open forum as yet however I will be interested to hear what happened when you can talk about it.
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-09 4:11 AM
Yes, that's so true. One guy had some burns on his arm, but that's all. Yes, I'll tell you when the investigation is over.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-09 10:03 AM
My ear is still hurting today.  Only mildly, but it kinda sucks.  I hope I didn't do real damage yesterday in the pool. I took a sudafed. And google tells me if I had burst an ear drum I would have nausea, dizziness and vomiting, none of which I have. It is just uncomfortable, and I want to get back in the water but feel like I shouldn't until this is clear.  Perhaps there is yoga in my future this week!
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-09 12:36 PM
Sorry your ear is bugging ya.  For what it's worth, I had no nausea, dizziness or vomiting when I ruptured my ear drum.   I only knew because gunk was oozing out (the middle ear infection gunk).
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-09 7:16 PM
What happened to the ear? Ruptured ear drum I intense pain, drainage then pain isn't bad.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-04 3:47 PM
Getting ready to move office on Friday. Each person is limited to what will fit in one small crate. We each have one file drawer and one locker. Apparently they think that people will actually put files in the file drawer and not use the space for personal items...yeah right. : pbbt:

With the clearing out of stuff, I have a lot more sympathy for pioneers going across the plains in covered wagons and having to cull their possessions repeatedly:
"Need to leave behind some of your gear because we have to cut the weight of the wagons...another ox died."
Parent - By Nomad Date 2018-04-04 4:06 PM
This is why I can fit everything I own (furniture excepted but I always leave that behind) in one car.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-05 6:52 AM
at your new space you will only have a file drawer and locker? How big is the locker?
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-05 12:45 PM
A bit smaller than a box of copy paper, if that helps.
Parent - - By Hay Burner Date 2018-04-05 7:16 AM
This could be a fun question:  What kind of items do people keep at work that this would be a problem? 

I have a cup that I put pens in.  I keep some feminine products, throat lozenges, and a box of power bars in a drawer.  I don't have any pictures of my family or anything like that. 

Years ago someone gave me advice that one should not keep anything personal at work so if employment suddenly ceased, it's easy to just leave quickly.

Although thinking some more, I suppose some of my classroom things are my own (basket for Expo markers, posters & bulletin board decorations, motivational magnets, regular magnets, hall pass).  I've tried really hard not to spend too much on my classroom because it's very easy to do and teachers shouldn't have to do it.  But sometimes we don't have a choice.

Side note:  I had to hide the Expo markers at the high school because I'd come over there for my final class of the day and find, um, interesting artwork on the white board.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-04-05 7:30 AM
I'm like you - nothing personal in my office. No pictures, none of my own pens/holder.... All that basic stuff is from the regular work supply. I have a slew of medications etc. but those stay in my bag and are transported to/from work with me each day. No snacks, extra shoes, odds/ends that people seem to bring... no plants, pictures..... my office has just the work files and reference material (and the usual desks, bookshelves, filing cabinets, whiteboard, etc. that are all part of work's property).
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-05 10:20 AM
I keep minimal personal stuff. I do have a current 1 page calendar that is a pic of O and the dogs. Keep some food in the fridge and my drawer but all else is work stuff.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-05 11:47 AM
I've always been pretty much a no personal items kind of person too as far as decorations. I do have hand lotion, a calendar, and things like plastic silverware, napkins, cups, blanket in my desk area.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-05 11:51 AM
I have tons of personal stuff, books, art, diplomas, hygiene items, bowl, silverware etc. It would take me 5-8 boxes to move out, depending on the size of the box.  I also have a fairly large office, that has a 3 person conference table and a comfy chair in it.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-05 12:57 PM
Extra shoes are necessary. I commute by bus and wear running shoes (sometimes it's a sprint to the bus!). So I have two pairs of dress shoes at work. If I'm teaching after work I wear the dress shoes home, leave the running shoes at work, and wear the dress shoes the next morning. We are supposed to have a pair of running shoes at work in case we have to evacuate the building.

I cleared out a lot of stuff like vases, books, notepads. I still have my week-at-a-glance desk calendar and a Bad Cat 365-days calendar and those will travel with me. Pens: I want my own. Think of how many people handle a communal pen, like at a restaurant, on a given day. Germ sinks. Also some food -- I eat breakfast at work and usually make my lunch, so there tends to be a box of veggie burgers and a big bag of vegetables in the freezer, almond milk in the fridge, and cereal, canned soup, and a jar of peanut butter at my desk. Because of this habit, I have a bowl, a plate, and knife/fork/spoon at my desk -- I do not like using disposables and wasting them every day. My Diet Coke tankard. I'm about to go to the library to return books, usually there's a small stack on my desk.

Scissors, tape, stapler, paper clips, binder clips. Phone headset. I have one at work and one at home.

No feminine products (haven't needed those since 2012 :grin:) but tissues and napkins. Toothbrush, paste, contact solution and case -- if there's an earthquake we could need to shelter in place for several days.

I had a blanket but took that home. Also took home a change of clothes. I will try to bring back a basic black jacket and hang it in the office coat closet, because it's not uncommon to be called into a meeting and sometimes I need to dress up the outfit I'm wearing. Throwing on a black blazer does a lot to make just about any outfit look more professional.

Oh, and important around here -- a corkscrew and a bottle opener! The bottle opener is actually a race medal.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-05 9:50 PM
Maybe it says something about our reading habits that for one book there are 2 copies on the shelf at the library system and 27 borrowers waiting on one e-book copy.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-06 10:13 AM
I'm probably in the minority but I prefer an actual book when I read of e copy, guess I'm old!
Parent - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-04-06 12:09 PM
It might say something about the convenience of e-books.  I haven't been inside a public library in ages, mostly because they don't have hours that work with my schedule.  The Uni library is open 24/7, making life so much easier <spoiled>.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-04-06 1:26 PM
I read both but it entirely depends on whether it's an authors whose books I've already started reading in hardcover (those are the only ones I buy now in print vs ebook not MM or trade). So I'll get both, but I also never go to the library because I am such an avid reader I am always on the ball for when a new release comes out and I want it NOW not when other people get done with it (I hate being at the mercy of other peoples reading rates), and the library rarely carries the stuff I read unless it's "mainstream". Or I should say it used to be that way.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-04-06 3:43 PM
I read both ways, but often the ebooks at the library are more accessible since I rarely am able to go there in person. I am fortunate that the library I use carries ebooks and print books equally, both new and older, in all genres. They keep many copies of ebooks available, since many users prefer ebooks. The wait lists are rarely longer than the comparable print wait lists. I'll use ebooks more I think especially for library books I want to read but not actually own, and want sooner than the once-every-few-months I am physically at the building. Once in a while if it is a particularly popular title I'll put a hold for both ebook and print, and cancel the other after whichever comes first arrives.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-06 5:22 PM
It depends...  Oftentimes there's a larger selection of physical books, but e-books don't require me to go to the library (which is usually not convenient).  When it comes to cookbooks, I prefer physical books.  If it's Game of Thrones, I'm quite happy to have an e-book. :laugh:  Then there are people like my sister who lives in China most of the year, but she and her husband have access to e-books in both California and Georgia.  Needless to say, they're unlikely to get physical books from the library.
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-08 3:24 AM
I read mosty on my Kindle since I read a lot in English and this way I can get them right away instead of waiting weeks. Also, it's lighter to hold which matter when your shoulders are often sore. But some books are much ibetter in paper form, like cookbooks and of course books with photographs etc. I think it's great to have both options.
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-04-08 6:02 PM
I pretty much only read on my kindle.  I like how I can have the font just right for my tired eyes.  And I can read in the dark without keeping anyone up, which is a dream come true.
- - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-06 10:12 AM
Things you never want to hear when DH is trying to be a handyman... "Daddy needs you, there's blood everywhere!" :shocker!: So she exaggerated a little but falling sharp tiles versus barefeet is not a good combo.

This potential moving thing is so good for our house, I am on a cleaning, purge rampage! Even better when I am home alone and can get rid of things that no one will miss but won't get rid of on their own.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-04-06 1:51 PM
:shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-07 6:31 PM
Yikes
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-08 3:25 AM
:shocker!: Hope he's o.k. Yes, moving time is a great time to purge. I've got rid of a lot of stuff in my last 2 moves. Before that I lived 16 years in the sama place and I can't believe the stuff I was holding on to. :cry: Still have a way to go though.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-08 9:24 PM
He was doing something involving sharp edged materials in BARE FEET?

Hold on a minute. I have a risk management book I can send him. :roll:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-04-09 7:17 PM
:laugh: Right! One would think he'd be smarter!:roll:
- - By stickywicket Date 2018-04-13 6:49 PM
Damn you, coxackie! *shaking fist*

Also, I got a text from the doc office that mini is due for his next set of vaccines. I got the text even though both DH and I are listed as contacts. And despite the fact that 2 months ago when I was away for 5 weeks and couldn't receive local texts, it took them over three weeks and many attempts to reach me  to finally try to text DH about an appt for mini. For frick's sake, why not just text both parents?

Damn you, sexism! *fist shake*
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-14 3:11 PM
They communicate solely via text to one parent? :roll::meh:
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-04-14 6:59 PM
Yep. Cause surely mom is the one who takes care of all things kids. :meh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-04-14 9:15 PM
I would be furious about the texting only one parent too. Especially if it was a case of divorced parents sharing child responsibilities (not that this is your case).

Coxackie? Does mini have that?
Up Topic Communities / Women / New Month, new Nrr