Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Easter Monday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-02 6:20 AM
Light 'em up, fire 'em up, put 'em up.  Post away.

QOTD   Any races, or big plans or events in April?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-04-02 6:27 AM
Ready to start the car and head to NC.  About 30 min late departing.   Driving straight through...maybe,  Tom has to stop for some PreperationH:shocker!: Hopefully warmer in NC.

Mark HH and I planned on a 5k together, but it is Sunday and does not fit the schedule.  We are looking at May now.  Just bought 2 tickets to Philly Pops.  They are doing music of the 60s.  Looking forward to that.

See you from the mountains.  Grand children on my knees....

Tom leaving DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-02 6:32 AM
Safe travels Pop Pop.:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-02 3:42 PM
Have a safe trip and enjoy those grandchildren!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-04-02 6:39 AM
Sunny and 20 degrees is my  all time favorite weather.  Just not in April.   But I give thanks for the sun.  It has been cloudy and dreary far too long.  I wore wool pants, a turtleneck sweater and my parka for Easter services.  That is a first.

I'm off to the animal shelter in a bit.  A 10 year old Siberian was surrendered last Monday.  She should be vetted and ready to go.  While I can't adopt her (Misha is an alpha and would never put up with another female) I hope to be included in the decisions surrounding her adoption.  And if we can't place her locally I'd like to help get her to the Siberian Rescue in Iowa that linked us up with Misha.

I don't have any big April plans as yet.  Many of us are still coming to grips with the death of our running club member.  We are having a group run/walk/cry on Tuesday in place of our time trial.  And then on Wednesday we are attending his memorial service.  There is no funeral.  I understand that choice, but I feel you lose some of the closure and grace needed to say goodbye.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-02 3:43 PM
This weather has been unbelievable.

Good luck with placing the dog in the right hands.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:33 AM
When I was up in NY last week it got warm here in WV and Cindy turned off the heat. Now it's been cold the past few days but she never turned it back on. I am waiting to see if she will or not. It is 37 outside and 57 in my office. I don't mind the cold except for when I get out of the shower, then it is a bit brisk.

I ran 4 at the park this morning. I am still dragging from last week's trip. I may have picked up something along the way.  I have a minor cough, I feel slightly weak & tired, and my digestive system is not totally normal. All symptoms are very minor but they add up to not wanting to work today.  I will fake it through the morning and then sit in a couple meetings this afternoon. I am so far behind that it feels like it doesn't matter if I work or not.

The local races appear to be starting back up in a couple weeks. In Michigan the running schedule does not drop-off as much as it does around here.  I'm not sure what I will signup for yet. I'll try to find a Saturday race that starts at 8:00 so I don't have to miss the book study with the guys, but if I can't find one, I'll still run something and miss a week of the study.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-02 3:44 PM
Traveling does take a toll on the body.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-04-02 9:42 AM
Good morning!

Meal on wheels this morning and then off to Danville to meet friend and then we do a 5ish miles PW on the Iron Horse Trail.

see ya later
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-02 3:45 PM
Sounds like a good day; volunteering, meeting a friend and then a PW!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-02 12:52 PM
Good afternoon,

Counted money at church this morning and then walked about 3.6 miles with my friend.  Just finished a sandwich and need to shower soon.  I have a meeting this evening and will miss part of the NCAA finals. 

It is 77 degrees and partly cloudy here.  With a slight breeze, so it's pleasant.

QOTD -- none.  Oh wait, my husband is having surgery on his right eye on 30 Apr. 

Enjoy your Monday!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-04-02 2:30 PM

>will miss part of the NCAA finals.<

I'll be asleep before the game starts. NCAA doesn't want eastern time zone viewers with a 9:30 start.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-04-02 3:41 PM
I don't understand why they are so late as both teams are from the eastern time zone.  Crazy!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Easter Monday