Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Merry Christmas Monday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:03 AM
We got about 2.5 inches. 6 inches just to the North yesterday. I can't even.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-02 5:36 AM
Marie drove through snow most of the way back to Indy too.  :sad:

*Easter was the first holiday without everyone home.  Anthony didn't make the trip.  He had a meet in North Carolina and didn't land back in Nashville until late afternoon on Saturday.  I'm glad he didn't try and make the crazy turnaround trip, but it wasn't the same without him here.

*Anthony got a PR in the 1500.  :grin:  He PR'd the 800 last weekend, so he's running great right now, even with the hamstring.  I hope he can last another 6 weeks.  The meet in North Carolina was so big there were 10 heats of the 1500 and in Anthony's heat everyone had the exact same PR/seed time.  :shocker!:

*Spring break this week here.  I work today, but that's it for this week.  Joseph and I are going to visit a couple colleges and do some fun stuff centered around Indy.  Of course the weather isn't looking so great for half the fun stuff I wanted to do.  :sad: 

*Why is it no matter how much I do, it never seems like enough?  I'm always feeling like I"m behind and if I can just get to __________ I'll be able to catch up, but I never do.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:42 AM
I know the feeling of never being able to catch up :sad::hug::hug::hug:

Man Anthony is running GREAT! That is awesome news!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:50 AM
Way to go Anthony!

Because you are a mom and we are never caught up. :hug: I have the same feelings.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-02 6:59 AM
That’s awesome about Anthony. :cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:22 AM
Go Anthony!

What schools are you visiting?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-02 8:15 AM
IPFW and Saint Francis this week.  We tried to schedule visits at Butler and Purdue as well, but I waited too late to schedule and there weren't any openings this week.  :shocker!:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:41 AM
~I'm freezing :mutmad::cry:

~Race went really well. Everything worked perfectly except our video camera crashed in the wind about halfway through so we only got the first 60 some finishers on video.

~The results page on Run Sign UP is so sweet. Does results. Pics. And a link to each person's 5 seconds of video of them finishing. Don't understand why so many race directors don't even put up the times for results.

~Time to get ready for next Sunday's race :laugh:

~Already had somebody call in sick today. 3 day weekend much?

~Royals game cancelled yesterday due to snow :laugh::laugh::laugh:

~The only thing about this race timing set-up that is a real PITA is the finish line truss. I have to find a way to make that easier to put up.

~Oh. And I have to figure out a way to try and run a few miles while doing work, timing and coaching :roll::mutmad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-04-02 5:45 AM
I'm so glad your first race went off smoothly.  :cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:59 AM
Thanks. I was a nervous wreck haha
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:58 AM
You will figure out the swiftest way to put it all up and bring it all down:happy:

Very cool options you provide your races!

I'm so glad your first race went off well:hug::hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 6:00 AM
Thanks. They LOVED scanning their chip when they returned it to get their results printed out.

My absolute favorite "cooler than shit" thing is on the results page they can click Video by their time and it brings up the video of them finishing.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:23 AM
yea I'm glad it went well!

I think I'd be ok if I was not one of the people with my finish line on video :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-03 4:55 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:56 AM
Went to the gym:cool: Gotta get core workouts in to balance the running. Will go back Wed. Why do we not go to the gym regularly? I love it!

Super rough weekend with the kids. I pretty much lost my S$%^ all day saturday. I finally took an anxiety pill to chill the f out. Not really sure what happened. But it was one of my worst mommy days ever.

But now they are with their dad until Wed afternoon. So a little break.

Going to do all shorter runs this week as a cutback while I work on core and get that up and improving. Will resume longer runs next week.: pbbt:

The boss is out of town. I'll be doing lots of online classes for software and cool stuff. But I'm sure I'll also be looking at tons of races. I like the Center of the Nation right now. They give a caboose to the last runner in:cool::cool: Cool - Extra bling:laugh: It is so hard deciding on a race: pbbt:

Taking Friday off to do something with the kids.

Going to look at cars tonight on my way home. :cool:

I really don't miss Facebook at all.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:57 AM
Great idea to cut back running a bit and hit the gym
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 5:58 AM
:hug::cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:22 AM
I must admit the bling from the Mainly Marathon series is pretty cool. Many people love these races. They weren’t for me though. The caboose is the only award that is given. You also get one super ugly, crappy t-shirt for the entire series.

Check their website. They used to give one free entry per person to their events. Take advantage. These races cost $100 or better and are worth about $25.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:26 AM
Then I am a shoo-in for their only award!:laugh:

Good to know. But probably by the end of the day I'll have a new favorite option:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:40 AM
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. You need to be a 9-10 hour finisher to be in the running for the caboose. I’m not exaggerating.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 10:33 AM
Even I am not planning for that slow! :shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:24 AM
enjoy your kid-free break!

What did you do at the gym?  I miss going to classes
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:27 AM
I just did the machines. All core, abs, back, hips and some calves. I need to work those better.

We are going to do the core class on Wed. which is more machines but other options, too. It is planet fitness so......
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:00 AM
We also got around 2.5" of snow. I didn't mind it since it didn't start until about 6pm and it looks really pretty on the trees and grass but didn't stick to the road

The Easter bunny skipped our house this year :blush: I was going to put stuff in a basket for B but then was so exhausted Saturday that I didn't. Not like he knows!

My right knee was killing me yesterday. As in I couldn't straighten my leg - once it got to 45 degree angle it started really hurting. Once I got moving it felt ok but it's hurting again now.

My right hip was also super sore yesterday so I'm guessing it is all related. I had the hip pain a few years back and did lots of stuff to try to get it figured out but the Dr. couldn't figure out the pain and it really only went away once I stayed away from the TM. I'm not running nowadays and do a little elliptical and that is it so it is strange. Maybe the knee pain is from tight ITB although I usually would feel knee pain on the outside of the knee not the inside

Hope the pain goes away soon as I'd love to start running when the weather improves

B really likes to say s#it right now. I think he's either saying shirt or sit but oh boy it's funny

I went out with friends on Friday and it was so nice. We just went to a casual place for pizza and then walked around Target but it was sooooo nice to actually get to be me without a kid for once.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:17 AM
No Easter bunny. :shocker!: Bad mom. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:21 AM
he went on an Easter egg hunt Saturday so that should count :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:22 AM
B:laugh::laugh:

Teach him how to say truck like tj did! Fu$%! Big Fu$% mommy! Oh we howled about that. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:22 AM
often times pain on the inside of the knee is caused by the sartorius muscle. Pain still usually caused by tightness in hip area.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sartorius+muscle&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS776US776&oq=sartorius+muscle&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3549j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:28 AM
interesting, I'll take a look. I've never heard of that muscle before
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:29 AM
They also call it the Tailor's Muscle. It's the muscle that allows you to pick up your leg while sitting and put your foot on your other knee to sit with your legs crossed like a dude
:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:43 AM
it is interesting you say that, because I do that sometimes to stretch the hip but I've noticed that when I put my ankle on my knee my leg doesn't lay down like it used it
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:16 AM
--I nee:cry:d to pay a visit to the Assessors Office at the Courthouse today. The staff at the Courthouse has to be one of the most incompetent group of individuals ever. First of all, some moron decided to change my name. But, not on everything. :wtf: I called the Collectors office in November to get the name straightened out and to update my new address. I would presume that should have been sufficient. You’d think their computer system would be sophisticated enough to make the change universal. Evidently not. Three weeks after the deadline for our assessment forms mine shows up. :roll: I filled it out, reporting our new equipment. I then made the address change and name change where you were supposed to do so on the form. In addition, I wrote a note pointing out the name error and address change AGAIN. A couple days ago I get a new assessment form. Address is right but name is still incorrect. :wtf::mutmad: Then apparently they failed to register the new equipment I claimed because they’re instructing me to fill out another form. Obviously phone calls don’t work, writing does not work, perhaps my presence will. :mutmad: Idiots need to focus less on abortion and their right to an arsenal and do their f***ing job.

--Need to go to the DMV too. The driver’s license I was supposed to have a month ago? Still not here. :roll:

--Ordered a new battery for my little Worx weedeater. That thing is so handy and I loathe the new one I got.

--OMG, the Jayhawks. :cry: We ended up going over to my mom’s and watching the game. I think she was glad we came over. Too bad the game sucked so bad.

--My treadmill works so good. :grin:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:23 AM
Why would anything have messed with your name in the first place? WOW.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:43 AM
Well, I live in SWMO, in the Bible belt, 40 years behind the times. If a woman gets married she's supposed to automatically take their husband’s name. That’s just how it is. :roll:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:25 AM
County workers are THE WORST
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:29 AM
sounds like such a PIA

yea for the TM working! Did you end up having the guy do it or do it yourselves?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:42 AM
Iowa replaced it. I was worried because after he replaced it things weren’t working right. Googled some stuff and figured out I needed to recalibrate the incline. Once I did that everything was fine.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:44 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-04-02 7:21 AM
Oh yeah. Speaking of the Easter Bunny!

First, i forgot to go shopping. My mom called at 8:45 pm sat night and asked if I'd ever gotten to the store. Uhhh NOPE. So she came over and I went shopping. Then at 12:45 while I was filling the baskets in the kitchen, Ripley just walks in and is like "what are you doing?" I was so shocked she was there I didn't have a response. I was like "What does it look like?" So, now she knows the Easter Bunny is a lie. I've been lying to her her whole life is all she would say Sunday to anyone who asked her how she was:laugh: She had a blast holding that over me without telling her brother or cousins:laugh:

She even told Tj how the Easter Bunny loves us so much SHE might as well be family:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-04-02 7:30 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-04-02 8:17 AM
Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are the best lies a parent can tell a kid. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Merry Christmas Monday RTTS