Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 31 Mar 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-31 6:24 AM
Let's get the day started. 

So will Sister Jean and her team prevail this afternoon?  Are you watching the games? 

Enjoy the day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-31 7:38 AM
My heart is heavy; a member of our running club took his life on Thursday evening.  He founded the club 20 years ago and has been the fastest 5k runner in the area for decades.  He was the epitome of a runner; never without a smile, and a word of encouragement.  He volunteered endless hours.  He took people who had never run a step and ran with them on their first mile or their first race.  For Lee and I and our running community the world is a bit darker today.  Please remember his wife and family in prayer if you are able.

I apologize for such a dreary post.  Also, it is just above freezing, raining a downpour, and wind gusts over 40mph.  That doesn't improve my mood much.  It will be a good day to stay in where it is warm and watch some basketball.  I expect Loyola to end their dance today but I've been surprised before.  I would like a championship game between Villanova and Loyola.  Let's see if my wish comes true.  Whoever wins, it's been a great couple weeks of basketball.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-31 10:20 AM
You never know what people are really thinking I guess. Our maybe it was triggered by something recent. It's a tragedy.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-31 11:06 AM
Dawn,

I am so sorry to read this.  My condolences to you, Lee, the deceased's family and the running club.  Just sad and traumatic for the family going forward.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-31 10:26 AM
Come on you two, you've got to cheer for Michigan! :laugh:

Coffee and book study with the guys this morning. I went with my running clothes on so I could head to a park in Huntington after. I'm still dragging a bit from the recent work trip so I hoped for 4 miles. Ended up going for one hour because it seemed like a nice number.  5.62 miles covered because I switched to a run/walk halfway in.

Big Easter festivities at the park but I found a place to park and get in a run.

About 50° at run time. Headed to 65° and sunny this afternoon. If you need me I'll be on the porch with a book the rest of the day.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-31 10:45 AM
:cool:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-31 11:08 AM
Well I went for my PW with my friend this morning and just now came inside from planting some flowers.  Trying to get some color in my yard for tomorrow when my siblings come up.

We are having a nice sunny day; perfect weather for those visiting from cold climates.

Dave, come on let's root for Loyola.  I like Cinderella stories!  I am sure that the games will be exciting!

Ok, I need to start on cleaning my house and baking a cake for tomorrow.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-03-31 1:12 PM
2017 Taxes, 2milePW with all my info to our tax doer, and then 2mlesPW back hope.

The PW miles felt oh so goo, and I not doing our 2017 taxes this year (as I usually do/did) - total stress relief letting some one we trust to do all the paper work!

See ya later.   Have a good weekend.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 31 Mar 2018