Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Long Weekend NRR (and RR?)
- - By swandive Date 2018-03-30 6:54 PM
I don't know if we want to do a combined thread or not.

Also, starting this on a Friday so we're calling it a long weekend thread whether you actually get any days off or not.

Post!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-03-30 6:57 PM
Today was an SDO, but I think tomorrow is going to be an USDO and I'll run Sunday instead.  China sis and her family are leaving for Michigan tomorrow morning and would likely leave while I was running if I did run tomorrow.  Also, I'm still feeling kinda crappy so an extra day of rest wouldn't be a terrible idea.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-03-31 8:01 AM
I hope you feel better.
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-01 2:18 AM
Sounds like some rest might be good or you.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-03-31 8:00 AM
I haven't been on here because I haven't been running much. I'm trying to come back slowly. I feel very weak right now and lost so much fitness. My ankle still bothers me from time to time, but I wanted to start running again. I can run through all other aches, but I'm trying to avoid another stress fracture. I have also been trying to do core and strengthening exercises on my off days. Just a few for now. Things are good for the most part. DD has taken up running, which makes me so proud. Work has been too busy, but I am able to get my Saturdays back after next week. I do read the forum.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-03-31 7:20 PM
I'm so glad you posted! Slowly returning to running is a good safe way of doing it. I've always been glad when I did that.
Great news about your Saturdays! Best wishes to your DD who is taken up running! :grin:
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-01 2:22 AM
I hear what you're saying on losing fitness, it's so frustrating when you know how much better it feels to be fit! But strengthening your core is a great thing to do in the meantime. So great that DD is starting to run, you've been a good role model for her!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-03-31 4:57 PM
I know this is really random, but does anyone happen to have any recommendations for maternity dressy/formal wear?  Preferably somewhere to look that isn't insanely expensive.

Long version: surgeon sis is getting married this summer and A is looking for something to wear.  A is not pregnant, but steroid dependence makes her retain weight and GI issues cause bloating, plus she has a feeding tube (i.e. a lumpy abdomen that she'd like to camouflage).  She's had good luck with maternity wear working for her body, especially when it comes to pants/shorts.  She'll need to have access to her tube during the day, preferably without completely disrobing, so I think nice pants + a glitzy top might be the way to go, though something like a wrap dress might also work.  [FYI, it's a July wedding, probably sometime in the afternoon.]  Any thoughts on where she should look?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-03-31 7:06 PM
I liked motherhood Maternity the best. They actually have some really great sales. Downside would be you would want to make sure there is a local store for returns of online purchases.

A number of coworkers really liked Old Navy maternity clothes. I never looked there myself so not sure if it was mostly casual stuff or if they have dressy too
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-03-31 7:10 PM
I'd also suggest motherhood maternity.  I'd also recommend maybe a nursing top or dress.  Most that I got there made it easy to pump and nurse so maybe that would also allow access for a feeding tube.  They usually have a little extra room around stomach for post partum stomachs.
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-04-01 9:40 AM
Target! I found it to be hit or miss but it is one of the few "regular" stores that carry their maternity line in store and not just online.
Parent - - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-02 8:15 AM
Oddly enough, Lands End has maternity stuff that's affordable and cute.
Parent - By spccer6 [us] Date 2018-04-02 8:17 AM
Should have looked closely before recommending.  Looks like they have just basics now, which is a shame because they used to have cute cute stuff.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-03-31 7:13 PM
We are building a house! :shocker!::grin: Spent the last 2 days looking at developments, lots, houses, etc and comparing to our remodeling estimates and we settled on a lot and house layout today. Excited and nervous (to leave our neighbors) but moving by other friends so won't be too bad.
RR: we got nasty snow and crazy winds meaning running paths sucked! Split my 22 miler between TM and outside in wind! Neither were great. Seriously where is spring?!
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-01 2:25 AM
Wow, building a house! It will be definitely be both exciting and stressful but worth it if you get your dream house in the end! I don't know where spring is, definitely not here. Seems like both the US and Europe are unusually cold this year.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-01 10:42 AM
Cool!  I hope you end up with the house you want and are able to settle into your new neighborhood. :happy:

Where is spring?  Here.  It's pollen season. :roll:
Parent - - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-01 2:33 AM
Happy Easter and Passover to everyone who celebrates! It's Easter Sunday now and we do get some days off, 5 in all. We don't have a lot of customs relating to Easter except eating a lot of big chocolate eggs, no bunnies here.
The weather has been great so far for this time of year, but now it's getting colder. Went a bit overboard in the garden on Thursday, the weather was so nice and so much to do and I enjoy it so much. I've bought a smell heater for the tiny greenhouse so I can keep it frost-free and I'm experimenting with things. Would be great to get some early veggies and later tomatoes, cucembers and zucchini for instance. We'll see how that all goes, I'm still learning.
We arrived at the summer cabin yesterday but going home today to be at my great-nephew's 3rd birthday. He looks so much like his dad did at that age. :hug:
Still not running but I'm getting my bike ready so I can bike to work. The traffic is getting so bad I can't stand it anymore. Makes much more sense to bike now that the snow and ice is gone.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-01 5:06 PM
Is there a bike path?
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-04-02 2:57 AM
Yes, most of the way. And it's so much nicer than the road!
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-04-01 8:13 AM
so Saturday's didn't turn out quite as planned. 9 was on the schedule. For various child minding reasons, and pregnancy napping necessities, I didn't get out until 4:30. At about 2.5 miles, my mouth was so so so dry and I was so thirsty. At that moment, I remembered that all I had had to drink all day was half a cup of water to swallow meds in the morning, 1 cup of coffee, and 1 cup of orange juice. :laugh: I did not have water with me, nor was there water along my route. Because I now am Mature, and was Thinking About My Unborn Child And Not Just Myself, I decided to run 6 only and then put off 9 until the next morning. Look, I'm so grown up now!

anyway, I'm planning to head out for 9 in a little bit. I'm already more hydrated than I was at 4:30 yesterday. Haha.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-01 10:43 AM
Oops!  I've done things like that before accidentally.  I hope today's 9 goes well!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-01 5:07 PM
You're being smart. How are you feeling?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-04-01 10:45 AM
I ran a decent-ish 15.75 miles.  I was happy to be out there, but didn't feel stellar and my legs are fairly tired.  Not a terrible run, though.

I need to mow this afternoon.  I refused to start mowing in March. : pbbt:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-04-01 5:07 PM
Mowing already? Ugh.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-04-01 5:14 PM
Yes. :meh:  The neighbors have all mowed already, so it's not a case of me being some kind of yard care fanatic.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Long Weekend NRR (and RR?)