Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 30 Mar 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:09 AM
It's Friday...woo hoo!  Not only is today Good Friday, but Jerry and I are celebrating 33 years of wedded bliss!

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-30 8:00 AM
Happy Anniversary!

I am tired beyond words. The trip to the NY office drained me. 20 hours of meetings and then the full lunches & dinners. I was so sick to my stomach 2 nights ago that I didn't get much sleep.  I normally eat an early and light dinner because of that very thing but we were eating late and going somewhere new each night.  On future trips I am going to have to explain how much it hurts to eat late and excuse myself from the group.

Anyway, I got out for 3 miles in the rain this morning hoping it'll help me shake off yesterday's 11.5 hours of traveling. I feel mildly better after the run.

I will do a little work today, but not much more than answer emails and administrative functions.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-30 8:03 AM
rest up and let your body get back to normal.  Too much travel plus heavy food is a bad combination.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-30 8:02 AM
Aww, Happy Anniversary to you two lovebirds!   Were you married in Texas?  Because a March wedding sounds cold in a lot of other parts of the country.

Today might be a decent day weather wise.  Lee has the day off and so it feels like a Saturday to me.  But him being home means I might sneak out for a run and not have to lock the dog in the coal room.

Yoga for sure and maybe a run; sounds like a pretty good day for me.:happy:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-30 9:16 AM
One other note about the trip. As we are landing in Charleston I could see the tarmac was covered with all types of emergency vehicles with their lights flashing. I wondered if I should get in the crash position. It was raining pretty hard too.

Turns out that a Delta flight that was going from Evansville to Atlanta had an electrical failure in the cockpit so they were making an emergency landing (just after we landed.)
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-30 9:23 AM
Happy Anniversary! 

Kentucky is making national new!  The General Assembly passed a pension bill yesterday that impacts Kentucky teachers in a negative way. It's been coming, but now it's passed and many districts have been forced to call off school today due to a "sick out."  Teachers have called in sick.  My district is in session, and I think all of the teachers in my building are here.  But, rumors are spreading that bus drivers in my district are threatening to not drive their buses this afternoon.  That would create a very huge mess for the kids and their families.

Good Friday service tonight.  Next week is Spring Break. 

5 miles this morning.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-03-30 5:30 PM
Nothing about running, but have you heard of this in your arena:

LOS ANGELES, CA -- Your morning cup of coffee could soon come with a cancer warning. A Los Angeles Superior Court judge tentatively ruled this week that California coffee retailers such as Starbucks and Peet's must warn consumers about a potentially cancer-causing chemical generated during the process of roasting coffee.
The lawsuit was brought forth by Long Beach attorney Raphael Metzger.
Judge Elihu Berle ruled that defendants in the case failed to prove their contention that levels of acrylamide contained in coffee were not harmful, and that the health benefits of drinking coffee outweighed the danger of the chemical.
The nonprofit Council for Education and Research on Toxics filed suit in 2010, claiming that coffee companies were violating California's Proposition 65, which requires warnings about potential exposure to cancer-causing chemicals.
Some smaller companies such as 7-Eleven previously reached settlements in the lawsuit.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-31 10:18 AM
Some of the folks out there on the left coast are a bit looney if you ask me. :wink:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 30 Mar 2018