Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Foggy Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-03-30 6:11 AM
Hey, it’s Friday. I’ll take it however I can get it. : pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-03-30 6:26 AM
--Moon was really cool looking this morning. Surprising you could even see it thru all of the fog.

--Well, the Deutz is going bye bye today. Iowa traded it straight across for a hay rake. It was a fair deal. He’s delivering the tractor today and picking up the hay rake. Of course, now we need a tractor to replace that one. : pbbt: The White is way too big for a lot of things and none of the other 4 tractors have cabs.

--Emailed our CPA yesterday to check on the status of our taxes that she has had since the end of January. She’s hoping to have them done next week. :roll:

--Just about finished with another one of my Finnish crime series books. Need to start reading “The Alice Network” for book group next.

--I was really sore after my run yesterday. :wtf::meh:

--My car is going to get a deep cleaning this weekend. It goes in to the shop Thursday next week and I would be really embarrassed taking it in right now. Dirt, gravel, dog hair, dust, dog bone crumbs, etc. :blush:

--The pervs are coming out of the woodwork lately. :roll: Krystal is getting a few thru FB. Personally, I’ve never found internet advertising good for this profession. It’s like they prey on new therapists. Word is probably out that that old lady who has been doing it forever will hurt you if you get out of line with her. :laugh::evil:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-03-30 6:40 AM
I think we're going to get my new (old) truck detailed. It's cleaner than snot already but S thinks a good upholstery cleaning would be nice.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:12 AM
People clean their cars:shocker!::wtf::wtf::cry:

Other FOUR tractors:shocker!:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:13 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

For years when she claimed she was just a "gardener" I told her she was a friggin FARMER
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:20 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:20 AM
I need to learn to drive these tractors this summer. : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:22 AM
Driving tractors is fun. I used to mow pastures at Berry College. Best thing ever.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-03-30 6:53 AM
~packet pickup for our first race we're timing ALL DAY today. I tried to tell the dude 10-6 was WAY TOO FREAKING LONG!  Suzi will be there doing tag checks and making sure they (the volunteers) don't do anything stupid. I keep hearing horror stories from timers about volunteers just randomly handing out ANY BIB to runners. Hahaha what a freaking mess that would be.

~Peeps or Cadbury Eggs?

~Wow   https://ultrarunning.com/featured/the-long-shadow-of-depression/

~I still need to fill sandbags, charge cameras and put together another tv stand. All tonight.

~And our backup timing computer is acting up. Need to get another one set up just in case.

~9 races on the books but so far only $100 has come in hahahaha. (I'm pretty lenient about deposits) Gonna be making it rain the next couple of months haha
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:08 AM
Race participants at our Turkey Strut are idiots. Not only do they put the wrong bib/chip on but I had a couple of guys who switched up their bibs but not the chips and then one of then decides not to even wear his chip so there is no way to track the runners and correct the error. Then, I get chewed out by the matriarch of the group (who doesn’t have a clue about running) that we screwed up the timing. :mutmad: You can’t get it thru their heads for anything. Even if the name, age, bib, number all scan appropriately that isn’t any guarantee someone still isn’t going to eff things up. :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:10 AM
Ooooh! I'll switch chips at Peachtree and beat Mom! Hell yeah!:evil::evil:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:17 AM
Now that I"m "in it" I hear and read all of the horror stories.

Not wearing the chip is #1.  Bibs on their backs is still very popular.  But the story about the race morning volunteers just handing out any bib to any runner probably takes the cake hahaha.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:09 AM
Good luck getting all of the setup and equipment on the best behavior! Y'all are gonna do great!

Peeps or Cadbury Eggs? Neither. Yuck. Cadbury wins the commercial war, though.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:19 AM
I’d take a Cadbury Egg. :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:23 AM
TBH I'm not sure I've ever eaten one. They totally turn me off. And peeps, no. gross.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-03-30 7:55 AM
Think I need a rest week. A rest from kids. : pbbt: Just gotta make it till Sunday. Though this morning I wasn't sure Rip would make it till then. :mutmad:

Love looking at all the marathon options:cool: Getting me excited and terrified. What am I thinking? :cool:

How much downhill in a marathon is too much downhill?:wtf:

Spent way too much time last night doing accounting homework. I need to be a better student. I've lost my A.:cry:

My brother said wait 3 months (if the car makes it) and he'll put a new transmission in it. But the bank is having a car loan special in April. So I'm gonna start really looking around. Think I'll go drive some Monday night.

Paid bills. broke again. I hate Q every 2 weeks.:roll:

This will be the last year we are going to St. George Island with the family:cry::cry: I think MIL and FIL want to do other things. Don't blame them. They should travel more.

I know I won't be sore after every run forever, but wow....what to run tomorrow????
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-03-30 8:51 AM
I think foggy applies to my head today. Omg. I'm so glad I'm leaving early today. My kids aren't the only ones tired.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Foggy Friday RTTs