Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday What's Up 3-28-18
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-28 7:00 AM
What's up?   Postem...

QOTD:   Do you have any favorite Easter Music?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-28 7:23 AM
I'm stalling going for a run.  I want it to feel like spring not December.  A dreary damp 40 degrees. 

Speaking of stalling, I need to do taxes.  I am also working on a Medicaid application for my aunt.  I loathe these things. 

Took car for an oil change.  Picked it up $488.:shocker!:  Needed 2 new tires ++++. 

QOTD Background.    DYK that the song "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" was written by the same person who wrote Frosty the Snowman?  Peter was 1949 and Frosty 1950.   There has not really been a popular Easter song since then.

Tom's current favorite Easter song.   David Crowder's  "Ain't no Grave"  not to be confused with Johnny Cash song.  We are playing this song on Easter Sunday.  

Ain't no Grave   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2riayoq6hcs

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-28 8:43 AM
Run dun.  I'll give it a 6 on Tom's 1-10 scale.   Much better than the 3 yesterday.   It still does not seem right to see snow banks and a snow man.  My fingers froze but I was sweating.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-28 9:39 AM
Good job on the run.

I have decided I am doing my taxes on 10 April 2018.  We owe so no need to give Uncle Sam that money earlier than needed.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-28 9:56 AM
I owe too.  I keeping hoping somebody steals my identity and files for me.:laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-28 7:36 AM
Good morning Tom and you who pop in later.

Thanks for the coffee offer yesterday but I'm pretty well stocked with Aldi.  I buy 3 different kinds and mix them. 

Well I finished the 4 mile time trial yesterday and was not DFL.  Yay!!  I'm 30 seconds per mile slower than usual for this time of year.  I don't think that is a bad trade off for babying my hip and not running much all winter.  I had even splits across the 4 miles except the last mile being the quickest by 6 seconds.  That's the goodness that comes from team mates coming out and running you in.:hug:

QOTD - "As I Have Done for You" though it is really for Holy Thursday rather than Easter.  It is always sung during the washing of feet and gets me every time.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-28 8:39 AM
Great job on the 4 mile.  I think it's cool you have group like that.  Something to be said for power in numbers especially if they are like minded.  And I know they like Dawn.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-28 9:40 AM
Dawn,

You are faster than you realize!  So glad the club is still continuing.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-28 9:38 AM
Well the rains have come!  So far we have received 4.3 inches of that glorious liquid stuff!  Glad we have not received any hail in my area as others have.

My workouts are done and today is an inside day.

QOTD -- I too like "Here Comes Peter Cottontail."   On a spiritual side, I like "The Wonderful Cross."

Today is the 28th anniversary of my Mom's passing.  I miss her every single day.  If you are fortunate to still have your Mom, give her an extra hug today.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-28 9:57 AM
your mom must have been young when she passed.:hug:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-28 10:02 AM
The Wonderful Cross...  We are doing that at Good Friday. 

My mom died on Easter Sunday morning 2002. Still think and talk much about Mom and Pop as I care for her kid sister in Mom's house.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-28 2:52 PM
3.5 on the hotel treadmill and then 9 hours or meetings.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-28 4:31 PM
Hope the meetings are productive!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-28 6:53 PM
9 hours of meetings???:shocker!: Did you die and go to hell?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-28 4:30 PM
Woo Hoo!  Loyola has arrived in San Antonio, but didn't see Sister Jean departing the bus.  Interesting tidbit; our own Spurs Tony Parker's Dad played for Loyola in the 70's.

The JayHawks have also arrived.  I think the other 2 teams are flying in tonight.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-28 6:54 PM
Look for Villanova and Marl Oles.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-28 7:23 PM
Oh is Mark attending the Final Four?  It will be madness downtown.  It's also Holy Week and usually a lot of people from Mexico come and spend the week in San Antonio.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday What's Up 3-28-18