Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tottering Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-03-27 6:08 AM
Post.  :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-03-27 6:09 AM
Thursday was SDO but a 40 minute cardio dvd.
Friday was a good 35 minute run at the college and yoga class. I also have a tea history class, yoga and geneology.
Saturday was SDO but a 50 minute cardio dvd. Can washing clothes be cross training? I do lots of stairs.  
Sunday was 45 good running minutes at the gym.
Monday was my doc checkup and 65 minutes outside. Weather has stayed cold so I have not run outside much before now. I did not see the Ospreys, but the nest has some sticks added. It has to be the Ospreys or Bald Eagles because no human can reach the top of the telephone pole the platform is on. Coyotes might already have pups because I’m seeing more evidence. I greeted my favorite dog. I must ask if she is a retired service dog (like a Delta dog) because she knows to present herself for petting. Oh, I did the Evil Hill and the knee did not hurt on the way down. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
Today I will try to go outside. If the temp goes up I’ll go ouside even in the rain.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-03-27 8:32 PM
Washing clothes is definitely cross training!

Here's to hoping you had good weather for an outdoor run!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-03-27 6:47 AM
I did my standard 5-ish miles this morning.  Decent run, though I'm not feeling 100%.  I've decided that my sinus/lung crap is a cold, at least to some extent.  It's now awful, but definitely annoying, so hopefully it will clear up soon.

China sis and her family are here until Saturday, so things here are fairly busy and very loud. :laugh:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-03-27 11:38 AM
Ugh on the cold. Hope you did not pick it up from China sis and family -- kids as you know are little germ vectors in light-up shoes. Good for you for getting the run in anyway.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-03-27 8:28 PM
Kids are definitely germ vectors, but I started feeling crappy a day or two before they arrived, so I don't guess I can blame them for this one.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-03-27 3:29 PM
Hope this week goes fast so you can get some rest. Lots of fluids can help the cold, I hope.
Great work on the 5-ish miler!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-03-27 10:10 AM
40 min in the pool. I'm starting to realize that I get "seasick" when I do upside down moves and I'm dehydrated.  I need to drink more water before morning swims and keep a bottle at the end of my lane.  This is especially true in our 2 hour practices. Sweat a lot and go upside down a lot!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-03-27 11:39 AM
One never thinks of sweating in the pool, but I'm sure you do quite a bit when you are doing synchro.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-03-27 3:27 PM
Sweating in the pool would definitely happen. I never thought about that before, but you need the internal water. Outside water wouldn't really help. That sounds like a lot of work to do synchro, let alone for 2 hours. Ooo!
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-03-27 8:29 PM
I guess when you're in the water it's easy to forget that you still get thirsty.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-03-27 3:11 PM
Sunday 10 miles with a couple friends and a friend's 13 yo DS (he ran 6 with us)
Monday 2 mile walk and upper body strength
Today 7 miles outside in capris :cool: finally sunny and above 40!
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-03-27 8:29 PM
Sounds like a nice few days. :happy:
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-03-27 11:37 AM
Tottered off the curb this morning and came down hard on one knee. Good thing there were no cars coming, because I was crossing mid-block, and I was wearing slacks which didn't tear though the skin underneath is damaged. The spitmaking thing is that I didn't run this morning because I tweaked my knee somehow last night (feels like it was hyperextended, if I straighten the leg too much it is twingy) and that's the same knee I landed on this morning. Not sure I will get a run in today. If I do it will be a very slow sad shuffle.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-03-27 3:24 PM
So sorry about the knee. It sounds like you could be better off resting from the runs to get the knee healed. It's just awful when these things happen. Let us know how you are tomorrow. Knees can get cranky really fast. :hug:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-03-27 3:44 PM
Oh no, hope the knee is feeling better.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-03-27 8:30 PM
Poor knee. :cry:  You do have two knees, but you kinda need both of them. :wink:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tottering Tuesday dailies