Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, 26 Mar 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-26 4:30 AM
Here we go again!  It's Monday!

Post away...
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-26 6:01 AM
I'm glad we get another shot at Monday.  That means life continues. 

My school is having a "slime fest" tonight, a fundraiser sponsored by our PTO.  Kids have been donating money for particular teachers to be "slimed."  I'm not sure of all the details tonight, but we all have t-shirts printed up and wearing them today for the occasion.

I ran 8 miles this morning.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-26 7:07 AM
4 miles and then breakfast this morning. Took my time coming to work since I leave at noon for NY.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-26 9:39 AM
Annabelle, aka the kid, turns 10 today.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-26 10:39 AM
Whoa.  10?:shocker!:  Start looking for a car for her.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-26 11:13 AM
Happy Birthday!   Double digits is a milestone for sure.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-26 12:30 PM
Happy Birthday to Annabelle!  Hope she has lots of fun celebrating!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-26 12:16 PM
Happy Birthday to Annabelle!
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-03-26 8:45 AM
5-6ish miles PW this afternoon after Meals On Wheels.

And, please excuse for posting a ,non-ruuing message, but it a good read about importance of life:

Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, died a billionaire.  Here are some of his last thoughts and words:

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world.  In others’ eyes, my life is the epitome of success.  However, aside from work, I have little joy.  In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I have become accustomed to.  At this moment, I am on my sick bed, and recalling my life.  I realize that all of the recognition and wealth in which I took so much pride, have become meaningless in the face of my impending death.

You can employ someone to drive a car for you, and to make money for you, but you cannot employ anyone to bear illness for you.  Material things, when lost, can be found, but the one thing, that can never be found when it is lost, is your health and eventually your life itself.

When a person goes into the operating room, he realizes that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading, "The Book of Healthy Life".
Whatever stage in life we are at currently, in time we all face that day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure love for your family, love for your spouse and love for your friends.  Treat yourself well, and cherish others.

As we grow older, and hopefully wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $3,000.00 or a $30.00 watch is not important.  The time is the same.  Whether we carry a $300.00 or $30.00 wallet/handbag, the contents are the same.  Whether we drink a bottle of $100 or $10 wine, the hangover is the same.  Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3,000 sq. ft., the loneliness is the same.  Whether you fly first class or economy, if the plane goes down, you go down with it.

You will come to realize that true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.
Therefore, treasure your buddies, old friends, brothers and sisters.  Chat often, laugh, sing songs with them.  Talk about north-south-east-west, or heaven & earth.  That is true happiness.”

Six Undeniable Facts of Life
1. Don't educate your children to be rich.  Educate them to be happy, so when they grow up they will know the value ofthings, and not just their price.
2. "Eat your food as your medicines, otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food."
3. The one who loves you will never leave you for another, because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he, or she, will find that one reason to hold on.
4. There is a big difference between a human being and being human.
5. You are loved when you are born.  You will be loved when you die.  In between, only YOU are in charge of your life.
6. If you just want to walk fast, then walk alone.  However, if you want to walk far, then walk together.

The Six Best Doctors
1. Sunlight
2. Rest
3. Exercise
4. Diet
5. Self Confidence
6. Friends"
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-26 9:24 AM
:hug:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-26 10:47 AM
Good stuff.  I particularly like #5   Loved when born.....

Thanks for sharing.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-26 12:32 PM
Love, love!

Thanks for Sharing.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-26 9:30 AM
Happy Monday!   I started mine with friends at the animal shelter.  It is Spring Break so there were a few extra volunteers making it an easy morning.  The weather is gross and continues to trend at 30 degrees below normal.  2 days of snowy rain and then maybe, just maybe we can get a sunny day in the low 50's. 

I sure enjoyed the Kansas/Duke game yesterday.  I wasn't pulling for either team so it was just pure enjoyment.

Time to hit the shower - I smell like used kitty litter.  Yoga, arms, and abs after that.  Enjoy this last March Monday everyone.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-26 10:50 AM
I was the same about Duke-Kansas.  Lots of excitement here about Villanova (35 miles up the road).
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-26 10:54 AM
Doing clothing collections today as a make up for last Thurs.  2 BIG pick ups.  Carrying lots of bags.  Perhaps a run this afternoon or after dinner.  It nees to warm up.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-26 12:36 PM
I woke up early, did some of my morning chores and then went for a 3.6 mile PW with my friend.  We changed our route a tad and saw things from a different perspective.  And we ran into a friend of mine from church.

Nice sunny day.  But the rains are scheduled to come on late Tuesday, early Wednesday; we shall see.

Tomorrow we plan to see "I Can Only Imagine."   Several of my friends have seen it and they enjoyed it.

Enjoy your Monday!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-03-26 12:43 PM
My 16 y.o., who normally only likes Action and Superhero movies, said "I Can Only Imagine" is one of the best movie's he's ever seen.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-26 12:55 PM
Well that is a good endorsement coming from a 16 year old!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-03-26 12:45 PM
Sam told the kids she wants "I Can Only Imagined" played at her funeral. They said they were gonna play "DIng Dong the Witch is Dead"
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-26 12:54 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-03-26 12:41 PM
4.21 miles at lunch time. in the 40's...still not Spring yet...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-26 12:59 PM
Hello, I'm in Philly at the airport having a soft pretzel.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-26 1:01 PM
Have a safe trip Dave!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, 26 Mar 2018