Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 24 Mar 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-24 8:21 AM
So what are you doing today?  Getting Easter baskets ready for the children?  Buying new outfits to wear on Easter Sunday?

Post away...

Have a wonderful Saturday!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-24 9:00 AM
I finally ran this morning.  I drove to the trail.  I immediately recognized there was a race on the trail.  It was all northbound, so I headed south.  I was mostly near the end of the pack and saw a biker slowly following the last runner.  The bibs just said Wine 5 mile run.  Hmmm, I was tempted to join in and try a nice Riesling at an aid station.  Probably a decent post race party.  I would be sweaty enough to join in, right?   Will have to look on line to see what race it was.  Anyway, I had an ok run.  Perhaps it was good there were racers, because I sure felt bad at the start.  It was good motivation to keep moving forward.   Interesting...almost 30 min after I saw the last racer and bike, I saw another runner with a bib.  No way he was doing lap #2.  He didn't look that type.  He was struggling.  I think he got left behind. 

No weekend plans.  Maybe pull out a lawn chair and watch the snow melt.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-24 10:12 AM
That was a festive atmosphere for a run.  Now you have a "race" for next year.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-24 9:47 AM
Our forecast of 6-12 inches of snow is fizzling out.  It is supposed to snow for another 5 hours but only 4" so far.   The wind is wicked.  Constant at 35mph.   Nearly every organization in town had Easter egg hunts scheduled for today.   One is rescheduled for next week, the rest have been cancelled.  I'm thinking there is a lot of unused chocolate sitting around somewhere.:wink:

Day 81 of my yoga streak today.  Yesterdays was power yoga and it was quite good.  Haven't looked to see what's on tap for today yet.

Had a nice long birthday chat with Lisa.  She's 26 and thinking it might be time to start adulting.:laugh:

No Easter baskets or new clothes - Our Easter outfits will be snowsuits!  I'm working my way through bag 3 of Cadbury eggs though......
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-24 10:25 AM
Nice on the yoga streak.  That's a healthy sign of adulting.: pbbt:  Happy birthday to Lisa!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-24 10:29 AM
I think Spring storms are hard to really forecast.  I wonder if weather forecasters play brackets?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-24 11:08 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-24 10:34 AM
I drove to the small town where I taught and coached for 8 years.  The track team was hosting the 2nd annual 5K to raise funds for the team.  It rained the whole time, was windy, and cold, but it was worth it to see former students and friends.  There were only about 25 runners or so, mostly kids.  That was the hardest I've run since I ran that race last year.  No idea of my time, but I had a good time with the track team. 

It's supposed to rain all day long.  I'm indoors all day long.   

We don't have children so no Easter baskets to get ready.  Makayla may buy a new outfit for Easter, but Melissa probably won't, and not me.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-24 1:21 PM
Moose doing a 5k.  Bet those guys loved having Coach Moose out in the rain.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-24 1:00 PM
I was grocery shopping this morning and kept seeing plastic eggs around the shelves, and then I hear an announcement that the Egg Hunt would be starting in 15 minutes. Come and pick up your bunny ears and basket at the produce section. (I did not participate.)

I ran 3.29 miles this morning. I did 5 loops around the pond at the park. Each time I made the turn toward the east the sky was getting lighter. On my 4th loop the clouds were a bright gold and the water reflected it.  A golden pond you could say. Made me think of the movie and Peter Fonda saying, "Wanna dance or would you rather just suck face?"

Snow is falling outside but not sticking to anything.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-24 1:20 PM
Never heard of an egg hunt in the grocery store.  That could get real crazy.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 24 Mar 2018