Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Everyone is celebrating Friday - 3/23
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-23 8:13 AM
No daily. Everyone out celebrating?

Did I get the day right this time?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-23 8:15 AM
I had a pretty good 4-mile run this morning. I was zapped and slept in so when I got up I went to work for a while, then about 9:00 I snuck out for a run.

I didn't watch basketball last night but I see this morning there were more upsets. I hope there is at least one more tonight.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-23 9:37 AM
I didn't watch any basketball either last night.  There are several tired teachers at my school today after staying up late and watching Kentucky lose.  I'm not smirking as I type this because Louisville was eliminated from the NIT the other night. 

8 miles this morning.  A big dog came charging at me across the front lawn of someone's home.  My initial reaction is always to yell at a dog and the lady of the home stood at her door calling off her dog.  I guess I was the cause for disturbing the peace this morning.  The dog was big, ran behind me a for a small ways, but he backed away eventually.  Having been bitten 3 times while running, and other close encounters with dogs, I'm easily and nervously excited by dogs that come onto the road barking at me.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-23 9:56 AM
I'm celebrating the Missouri Valley Conference and the Loyola Ramblers.  Echoing Sister Jean, it is nice to see a team from one of the lesser known conferences do well in the tournament.

I had a difficult run yesterday but at least I ran.  My lungs gave out long before my legs did.  So I guess my muscles still remember how to run but my cardio needs some work.  Weekend running looks iffy.  The weather reports increase the snow prediction each time I read one.  Currently calling for over a foot of heavy wet snow tonight into tomorrow.   Just off the phone with my sister and she was at the grocery store but couldn't find a parking place and left.  Gotta get that milk and bread you know.  Gotta have French toast in every snow storm.:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-23 4:09 PM
Please don't send me your used weather!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-23 11:33 AM
I had a funeral to attend this morning and just now returning.  Going to a movie this afternoon with my friend and then we are walking.  We are going to see "Paul, Apostle of Christ."

We have decided that we are going to see all of the movies that appeal to us.  They golf and we go walking and to the movies.

The dreary weather has returned!  Why???  The sun was to come out this afternoon after a foggy, misty morning but no such luck.

Enjoy your Friday!

I am looking forward to our dinner; fried fish, salad, fresh lime squeezed margaritas, hushpuppies and I baked an angel food cake.  Topped it with a lemon glaze and some candied lemons that I made yesterday.  I am really enjoying planning our weekend meals.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-23 4:08 PM
Please give me a review.  Lynda and I want to go.    I like your post.:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-23 9:00 PM
The movie was good.   Of course, it did take some literary discretion.  But all in all a good movie.  I saw a lot of people from my church and heard that a Bible study group was planning to attend a later showing.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-23 4:06 PM
Thanks for getting the day right. 

I bonked badly at hour 25 of a 26.2h shift.  I was doing code purple straight thru since we were short on volunteers.  About 6AM a little more than 2h from the finish line, I bonked.  Really feeling ill and barfed.  Felt a little better after sitting a bit on the side of the course. I got up and slowly finished the shift.   Got home and bailed out of clothing bank deliveries, but felt horrible the rest of the day, unable to sleep.  Finally fell asleep at 6PM for 3 h, up a couple hours and back to bed till morning.  Much better today but just really weak. 

Spent today with Fios doing a new install at Aunt Shirley's.  There were some physical challenges and it took much longer than usual.  The guy was very good however and it works.  Maybe we should go celebrate the new FIOS.  

Sorry, no run again.  I need to tomorrow.

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-23 8:57 PM
Tom,
You were tired and needed to rest!  Glad you are feeling better.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Everyone is celebrating Friday - 3/23