Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 22 Mar 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-22 7:01 AM
Good morning!

Are you affected by the snow?

Post away...
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-22 9:42 AM
What about you?  Any snow in SAT?   :shocker!::laugh:

None here.  Yet.  We are to get a whiplash of the current nor easter spinning around and hitting us tomorrow night into Saturday.  Up to 6" forecast.  the ground is warm though - maybe the first 2 inches will melt upon impact.

I bought groceries on an empty stomach this morning.  Broke a cardinal rule but oh did I get some good stuff!  I've got 2 more errands to run this afternoon and then the day is mine.  We are in the mid 40's with lots of sunshine and low winds for a change.  Really a pretty weather day.  Maybe, just maybe I can get in a late afternoon run.

stay warm and dry everyone and have a good Thursday.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-22 9:49 AM
No snow here, but it is cool. 

I have done my workout video, plank and pushups.  I am going to a book club discussion this evening at one of our breweries in town.  We are reading "Busy Lives & Restless Souls."   Makes you think.  I finished listening to "The Woman in the Window" yesterday.  Oh my gosh, what a thriller!

The monarch butterflies are starting their migration so I put out some food for them on a colorful plate.  I really need to find some milkweed to plant.  My hummingbirds have not visited their bird feeder yet.

Enjoy your day!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2018-03-22 10:18 AM
What do you put out for the butterflies? I honestly never thought to ever do that!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-22 11:03 AM
Jen 

I found this on treehugger.com.

Recipe 1
Suite101 suggests using a plate feeder. Add fruit that is going bad. Butterflies are particularly fond of sliced, rotting oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, peaches, nectarines apples and bananas. Place on plates and put outside. The mixture can be kept moist by adding water or fruit juice.

My friend had also seen a show the previous day and she told me the same thing as above.  The tv hosts recommended using a colorful plate.  I put slices of oranges and a banana (the banana I left whole, just made some slits in it.)

Hope you and the family are all doing well.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-22 1:33 PM
We got 5-6 inches of snow yesterday morning and missed another day of school yesterday.  The snow is pretty much all melted now and school was in session today.

I ran the usual 8 mile route this morning.  It was 28F.  Spring is here, they say.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-03-22 3:25 PM
"Are you affected by the snow?"   Not along the Pacific Coast, but lots and lots of snow on the mountains.   We are having lots of rain - along the coast.

5.2milesPW this morning.

Have a good upcoming weekend.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-22 5:44 PM
It was a day at the office which is always a sad day. : pbbt:

On the way home I stopped at JC Penny and bought a new computer bag. I have to go to our NY office next week and decided it was time to stop using my bag that is held together with duct tape.

Then to the gym for 2 miles on the treadmill and some weights. I was sore from Tuesday's weight workout so I had to back down the weight I most machines.

I'm watching a Netflix documentary on the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh who set up a big commune in Oregon in the 1980s. I'm about half way through it. Vey interesting.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 22 Mar 2018