Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 20 Mar 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-20 7:34 AM
First day of spring!  Yea!

What are your plans for today? 

Post away...
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-20 8:27 AM
Spring???   Really???:wtf::wtf::wtf:   They are calling for ice then up to a foot of snow.  And i am putting together a code purple team.  Enough already,  I'm going ground hog hunting!

Went for a walk last night.  Not especially good.   Why was i able to have a pretty decent run on Saturday and then Monday feel like I need a cane?  Arrrrgghhh:mutmad:  

Tom in DE
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-03-20 8:41 AM
Good morning. :happy:

4ishPW this morning on the Lafayette/Moraga Trail.

And the back home working on taxes. :sad:

Have a good week Masters. :wink:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-20 8:52 AM
code purple.  brrrrr.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-20 8:52 AM
My plans include wearing my parka and snow boots.  And waiting on Matthew the carpenter........:roll:  He is installing the desk today.  Taking bets on whether or not the desk will have drawers.  any takers:roll:?

My running club had it's final meeting last night and didn't disband!  A couple people stepped up and said they'd try to lead for the next year at least.   So our 4 mile time trial starts tonight and runs through May.  I'm not running tonight.....the parka and snow boots slow me down too much:laugh:

Yoga later.  After Matthew.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-20 8:57 AM
New Records for 100 and 102 year old runners.   Watch the video, it's great!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/03/18/watch-102-and-100-year-old-runners-set-world-records-you-lazy-slugs/?utm_term=.106d91f85239

I think I will begin my taper now for that race.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-20 10:23 AM
I saw an espn story about the 100 old's race. The 95 year old beat him. A couple years ago he won. They are hoping for the rubber match next year.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-20 11:07 AM
:cool:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-20 12:33 PM
Taper now.:laugh:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-20 12:30 PM
Spring is NOT in the air.  1-5 inches of snow expected tonight.  In other words, they really don't know how much snow is coming, if any.  But, accumulating snow this time in March is unusual.

Today is also United Nations World Happiness Day.  Finland tops the world as the happiest nation on earth.

I'm happy today.  Makayla spent the day with me at school.  The Seniors had a day where they were to job shadow someone.  The Juniors are taking ACT today so Makayla said it was just to get rid of the seniors for the day.:laugh: 

Ran 8 this morning.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-20 2:03 PM
Does Mikayla want to follow Dad's footsteps?     I could live in Finland.:grin:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-03-20 2:20 PM
No, she has no desire to be a teacher.  She is attending Boyce College in the fall which is an undergraduate school of the Southern Baptist Seminary in Louisville.  She is studying biblical counseling.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-03-20 3:49 PM
Oh but I do think she is following in Dad's footsteps at heart.:wink:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-20 7:19 PM
Long day at the office but I did manage to stop at the gym on the way home. 2 mile warm-up on the treadmill and then some weights. Long time since I used the weights so I'll probably be sore tomorrow or the next day.

1-3 inches of snow predicted for here tomorrow. It'll be fun to watch even if it doesn't accumulate.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 20 Mar 2018