Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Rambling dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-03-19 7:24 AM
Post.  :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-03-19 7:32 AM
I’ve been trying out my new shoes on the TM. They seem fine. The new fabric in the shoes makes a difference in how they hold the heat generated by the feet. The feet definitely get warmer quicker. It’s almost like a knitted kind of fabric, very different from the 2017s. I’m not taking them outside until I’m sure they’ll be ok. 
Friday I did a 40 minute cardio workout here at home, plus some yoga.
Saturday was SDO.
Sunday I went out later in the afternoon and ran the trail for 45 minutes. This was one of the first warmer days and many people were out walking and exercising dogs. Oh, I saw the Great Blue Heron standing tall over in the protected area. Quite an impressive and statuesque bird.
Today I hope to run outside earlier in the day. Running early is easier for a morning person.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-03-19 10:47 AM
I hate when I don't get out early for my run. I find that planning the rest of my day around it messes everything else up.
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2018-03-19 9:55 AM
5 miles with 3 fast / 800 jogs.

Need to find joy in running.  Signed up to run a half thinking it would be fun and get me back in gear, but I'm dreading the training runs and only enjoying the long weekend runs.  Having a hard time convincing myself that it's worth it spending the time during the week when there is work / kid / house etc. to handle. 

I miss being young and this being fun.  : pbbt:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-03-19 10:45 AM
I hear you :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-03-19 10:46 AM
prenatal yoga and 2 TM miles. I ran a fair amount (for me lately) Th-Su, and almost took a no running day today, but decided I wanted to watch an episode of Blackish, so I jumped on the TM briefly :grin:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-03-19 1:40 PM
Stationary biking for me again today...wheee! At least I can read a book on my Kindle while I pedal.

My rambling today is that, predictably, my family is reacting in a classic, stereotypical way to me quitting contact with them: they are hyperventilating and trashing me even more amongst themselves. It's like they are reading the literature about dysfunctional, narcissistic families and following a script, I swear. :meh:

The latest bit of craziness is that part of going no contact meant finally finishing up and mailing a knitted shawl that I had promised to make for my mom several years ago. It's been an albatross project...something I struggled to finish while my life was upended, but I carted it around and kept plugging away at it, little by little, because I had promised to make it, ya know? I needed to get it completed and out of my life. So I finished the shawl and mailed it to her, with a text saying what the package was and that it was on its way at long last.

Found out today that my mom's response was to assume I had mailed her a bomb. She took the package to the local fire department and told them she was worried her daughter had mailed her an explosive device. And then they opened it and found...a knitted alpaca shawl.

Funny? Insane? Tragic? All of the above, I guess.
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-03-19 7:50 PM
:shocker!:  Oh, my!  I'm glad it is done and out of your sight.  You can't make them act like normal well-adjusted people.  It is brave of you to go no-contact, and even braver to keep your promises. 

Hope your hamstring heals up quickly.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-03-19 7:56 PM
Seriously? :meh:  Unless your mom lives in Austin (and, even then, a return address from you ought to be sufficient to show it isn't the work of a serial bomber), your mother is a nutcase. :roll:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-03-20 8:59 AM
If your mom's reaction wasn't so pathetic, it would be hilarious.

Good thing they didn't take the package out to a field and blow it up themselves. Shreds of alpaca raining down.

The good thing about your family's reaction is (presumably) that it reinforces your conviction that you're doing the right thing.
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-03-19 8:10 PM Edited 2018-03-19 8:12 PM
I had 2 30+ mile rides this weekend, a big deal!  I did the route that goes S rolling uphill, then West up a 1.2 mile hill, then downhill N then East.  Saturday the day was bright blue sunny skys, in the upper 60s, and a horrible S wind to wear me out.  All uphills were into the wind.  I was wiped out, but the knee is handling life better now that I have new anti inflammatorys. So Sunday brought the North east wind, so I had to use this rare opportunity to go uphill without also fighting the wind.  What a difference!  Saturday, I kept seeing landmarks and thinking how long it took to get there.  Sunday, all the landmarks came quickly.  I got to the big hill and for the first time since the surgery, I could push myself up it. I was focused and working hard the whole way.  Then I headed down into the wind and was getting pretty chilled.  It turned out that the promised 55 degree weather was really 46! The storm was coming sooner than predicted.  I decided to go by the river in the trees for some shelter.  The prairie dogs were going nuts!  One after another would dart across the path!  One was running across the path while carrying a large bag, something like a chip bag, that was bigger than it was!  :laugh::laugh:  I made it home to the hot shower before the rain and snow started.  We ended up with 8 inches! 

Anyway, two days in a row is a huge deal for the knees.  The surgeon had said they would not get better and the next step is the total knee replacement, but he would like to wait until I was 60.  So I asked for a new NSAID in the hopes that it would help the swelling from the micro-fracture without giving me severe heartburn.  Luckily, it is helping a lot.  I still ice a lot, but I was able to do this as well as a 5.5 mile hike at my son's the weekend before.  So, it feels like I can get my life back.  :happy:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Rambling dailies