Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday - March 18th
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-18 8:15 AM
Good morning.  What's Up?

When returning from vacation, do you unpack right away, wait as long as possible, or something in-between?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-18 8:24 AM
My back was tight this morning after the 13 hour drive. I put a heating pad on it this morning while drinking some Seattle's Best coffee. Then I went for a pretty decent 3.15 mile run at the park.

Today will be laundry and grocery shopping.

I like to unpack right away. Cindy seems to wait until it is no longer feasible to wait any longer.  Even though we got back close to midnight, I was too awake to sleep right away, so I unpacked while watching TV.  Unpacking from this trip meant opening my suitcase, turning it upside down, and dumping 10 days of clothes into the laundry basket.

I decided to check into work this morning. I don't remember the last time I went a whole week without at least looking at my email. It wasn't too bad. 157 emails, most of which are automated ones I get every day on the number of claims processed for the different accounts, one problem that I will have to work on sort of soon, one request for information, and one programming change needed sort of soon.  Should not be a bad week of helter skelter catch-up.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-03-18 8:46 AM
Good morning Dave and everyone else who may show up.

I unpack immediately, start a load of laundry too.  Its a sickness.

The crazy Illinois weather yesterday went from ice to sleet to snow to a beautiful late afternoon.  Temps hit 50 around 4pm so I ran for a few miles.  It felt good to be moving and to have that promise of Spring.  I had phone calls from both the girls yesterday and Amy should be stopping by today for a visit.  That and some great basketball (go Loyola and Sister Jean) has made for a very good weekend.  Cars to wash, steaks to grill...that's my day.:happy:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-03-18 9:25 AM
I heard Sister Jean picked Loyola to lose in the Sweet 16.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-18 10:22 AM
I try to unpack right away.  I put the suitcases in the laundry room and just start going through them.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-18 10:23 AM
Another dreary morning -- ugh!  The sun is supposed to come out this afternoon, we shall see.  I hope it does.  This dreariness is just so darn depressing.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-03-18 5:43 PM
Workout done!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday - March 18th