Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Fat Tuesday Valenintes Eve
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-13 8:15 AM
Post 'em.

QOTD:  How are you celebrating today?  Prepping for tomorrow?  (wait, that sounds like a colonoscopy).
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-13 8:22 AM
Good morning!

I may splurge a bit today.  When I was working someone would always bring in a King's cake and it usually came from Louisiana.  It was delicious! 

Our weather is insane -- damp, gloomy, dreary.  It has been such a weird winter.  I keep hoping that summer will be a cool one, but I doubt that.

Ok, I better do some chores, get my workout and post about it later.

Enjoy your Fat Tuesday.  Tell us what do you splurge on? 

PS -- Hi BBS!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-13 8:36 AM
Overheard:  This winter is like Justin Bieber,  cute when it started, but now we're all tired of it and time to go back to Canada.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:44 AM
:laugh:  True!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-13 8:32 AM
Always dangerous posting pre run.   But it might warm up a few degrees while posting.  Sunny but cool today.

Duck In this afternoon.  I got a bunch of carnations to give out, and also so Valentine candy, and of course donuts.  So I think we covered the bases for today.   The pastor warned me about the "creep factor".   We don't need a coed getting upset about a dirty old man pushing flowers on her for Valentines Day. :laugh::laugh: So I guess only the guys get them.

Mike be sure you use hand sanitizer before posting.  We don't need the flu spread among the forum.  Please kep an eye on Mikayla.  We are very mindful of Shirley and Lynda's mom with the flu.  And Lynda flies to NC for baby watch on Saturday.  Wash hands, wash hands, wash hands. 

Now go do your run Tom!

Tom in DE
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-13 9:46 AM
Run done!  It was not a good run from a running standpoint, but it was good for the soul. Hey maybe if I got a new sole my runs might have a little more bounce.:grin:

Soles for the Soul How running kept us ----------  a book by the Masters Running forum.

We spend a year with cut and paste of old wisdom from the the forum.   We publish it, it becomes a best seller, and use the money for a big fat FE. :grin::grin::cool::cool:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:45 AM
A new baby -- how exciting!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-13 8:38 AM
my hair stylist got snowed in last week so my haircut is rescheduled for today.

the contractor who started installing our exterior door Dec 5 is supposed to be back today to finish.  He has a serious case of ADD, but he's a good carpenter.

Lee took the day off to keep Matthew (the carpenter) on task.   Misha and I are going to hide somewhere.

I made "Orange scented Scottish shortbread with dark chocolate chunks" yesterday.   Long name for a delicious recipe.  Jen, if you are lurking, shortbread and scones always make me think of you.

Hugs to Makayla.  Keep the flu in Kentucky please.  And Babywatch:   Best wishes to Ellen and family.:hug:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-13 9:48 AM
Dawn got a snowjob of a hairdo  

Something:wtf::wtf::wtf: about an engineer has to spend a day to watch that the carpenter does the job right.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:44 AM
We'll try to keep the flu here.  Thanks.:hug:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2018-02-13 3:32 PM
Oh! Can you share the shortbread recipe? That sounds tasty! I think of my Grandma when I have/think of shortbread and scones :hug: Glad I popped in today!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-13 5:12 PM
please ignore that it is from Oprah.   And the turbinado sugar is a must.  I even put it on an antique plate.

http://www.oprah.com/food/orange-scented-scottish-shortbread-with-dark-chocolate
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-02-14 7:38 AM
I have turbinado sugar. It's a staple :blush:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:43 AM
I'm keeping myself sanitized, Tom.  Makayla stays in her bedroom with the door closed as always.  The doc told her yesterday that she has the worst strain of the virus.  There have been a lot of kids out of school with the flu this winter.  We're keeping our eye on her.

I got out for my 8 mile run this morning.   My upper thighs have felt tight and kind of sore especially when I start my run or get up from sitting, the past few days.  This morning I felt it as I started running up the road and was moving real slow, but things loosened up after a bit and not sore anymore and I eased into my regular pace.  Running every day and getting older work against me sometimes, I guess.

Our school is having "show kindness" week.  Students get a cut out heart to hang up if caught being kind.  Teachers put a kind word for a staff a member in the lounge.  Good idea.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:45 AM
Oh Mike, I hope Makayla gets over the flu soon.  The flu has been horrible this year.  I am like you, washing my hands constantly and using my hand sanitizer often.

I like the idea of "show kindness."  I bet you will receive lots of hearts!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-13 11:39 AM
Poor Makayla, is she miserable?

Hard to balance the need to run with effects on our aging bodies.  Longer recovery times for sure.  I don't see your streak ending anytime soon though.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-13 1:22 PM
Makayla did not feel miserable yesterday.  She didn't feel well, but she ate last night and mostly lay in bed.  The Dr. told her that she was at the very beginning and it would get worse.  I haven't talked to her at all today yet.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:43 AM
Workout video done, 60 second plank and 5 pushups!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-13 11:40 AM
Good job!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-13 3:07 PM
I need to g routiet back to Push up routine.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-13 6:49 PM
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:Ahhhh,  pass another bourbon please
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-13 6:50 PM
:laugh:

I thought it was French.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-13 6:50 PM
Tomorrow, do a 5 second plank and 60 pushups. :wink:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-13 9:04 PM
Do the 60 pushups throughout the day?  Maybe that would be doable.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-13 6:48 PM
Hey folks. I spent the day at the office. Stopped at the gym on the way home and did 3 lowish heart rate miles on the treadmill.

I've been watching The Alienist on tv. Pretty interesting. Makes me want to get the book though.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-13 6:50 PM
Thought maybe it made you want to become an alien.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-02-14 7:40 AM
The book is very good. It's one of my favorites. It has been quite a long while since I've read it though but I think it's staying pretty close to the story.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Fat Tuesday Valenintes Eve