Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Paczki Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-02-13 8:00 AM
They looked so good at the grocery. :happy:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-02-13 8:43 AM
Monday’s GYN checkup went well.
My medical insurance company offers a physical via a doctor who comes to the home. It’s part of ACAct and really great for older people. I utilized it last year and will also do it this year. It’s very comprehensive and the doctor can also give advice as to safety concerns in the home when s/he visits. A definite plus is that it is included as part of my insurance and there is no extra cost. :happy:
In the afternoon I did 45 minutes running at the gym track.
Today I think I’ll run either at or from home.
Safe and happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:12 AM
That sounds like an awesome idea (the home doc visit)!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-13 11:00 AM
that's really great about the home visit.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-02-13 7:51 PM
Wow that's awesome.  I know of a lot of people -- particularly seniors with possible safety concerns at home -- who could benefit from that type of service.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-14 7:26 AM
That home service can also identify mental health problems like hoarding, etc. or the patient may have rodent or insect infestations. The doctor also includes some neurology testing. Blood pressure is done multiple times, safety of the neighborhood is also considered.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-13 9:55 AM
5 miles outside on the trail on a beautiful, sunny, crisp winter morning. Finished in 45 min and change, aka blazing fast for me these days :laugh: now back to work I go!
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:13 AM
Great! How are you feeling?
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-13 11:00 AM
so far so good - I have a little bit of low-level cramping in my lower back, and have for about 4-5 days.  The interwebz says it's normal, ligaments stretching, hormones, whatever, so I'm trying to relax. No spotting of any kind.

How are YOU? How's the little one? How is E adapting?
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-02-13 11:52 AM
We are great! Being a second time mom is so much better! I struggled so much with E at the beginning and this time everything is easier. I'm adjusted to sleep deprivation already (ha!) and breastfeeding is going so well. She pretty much already latches herself on! You are going to love it the second time around.

E is doing well. He has his moments but he usually always wants to know where baby sister is and is OK with cuddling with me while I'm nursing V. I made up a little basket with special treats and puzzles and stuff for him. When I sense he is getting jealous or starting to act out, I pull out the basket and spend a special time with him picking out a snack and enjoying some time together. (I intended on using it whenever I nurse, but that doesn't necessarily seem to upset him or make him jealous...he sees our day care provider nursing her 7 week old son all the time, so it is his new "normal" I think.) A nurse recommended the basket idea to me and it seems to help. I think he is a good age for adding to the family. How old will your little P be in November? Just over 2, right? That will be good too.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-13 12:08 PM
oh, this is wonderful to hear! for you, and for me :laugh: Great idea about the basket. So happy that she latched on so well! that's how P was.

P will be almost 26 months when the new babe is born. I like hearing that the second time is so much better! I actually was so lucky with P - she was a relatively easy baby (got harder after we hit 1 :laugh:). But - I will be in classes still in the fall semester, and I'm hoping I can keep it up - only take a couple of weeks off, or maybe even Skype in for class. I only will be taking 3 classes and they each only meet 1x/wk for 2.5 hours each. Maybe I can bring baby and nurse during class!

anyway enough about me! I'm so glad to hear things are going well, and that E is adjusting so well. That is wonderful to hear. :hug::hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-02-13 5:28 PM
Went to yoga today and had a GREAT class...lots of leg and hip stuff...and then tweaked something in my lower back doing a reverse plank. Nothing terrible, but it is sore and achy now, and not what I wanted!! I was trying to take it easy this week because the tendons in my good knee are inflamed. Apparently I overdid it at smiting last week and maybe strained something? Again, feels minor but like it needs a rest from impact. Now I am resting both my knees and my lower back. I feel like an old jalopy held together with baling wire, I swear! :mutmad:

I am feeling happy thinking about the run I did in Maryland this past weekend, though. I got outside in the rain and had a soaking wet run through a mix of urban / suburban/ wild landscape. Came back drenched and grinning. I miss my Eastern conditions sometimes very much, and it was nice to go splash through grass and puddles and to feel the boost of being at low altitude as well.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-02-13 7:52 PM
Lower backs are so easy to tweak and so difficult to un-tweak. :cry:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-02-14 7:29 AM
DS said when the rain finally came that the rabbits all came out and were drinking from the puddles. He loves the high desert though.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Paczki Tuesday dailies