Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / 2018 Olympics
- By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2018-02-13 7:53 AM
Anyone watching?
- - By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2018-02-13 7:56 AM
I watched the women's half pipe last night and was surprised how good Chole Kim was. Usually when I watch some of these sports they kind of all look the same, maybe someone is just a fraction better than the others. But it was like night and day between her and the other competitors, pretty cool.

This morning while running on the treadmill I watched the men's 1500 long track speed skating. The Netherlands really kick ass in that sport. It was funny to watch them skate 4 laps while I struggled to run one on the TM.
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-02-13 9:32 AM
She was very good! Head and shoulders above the pack :cool:
Parent - - By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2018-02-13 9:39 AM
Were you mad it wasn't a 1-2-3 sweep for NED in the 1500?
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-02-13 12:57 PM
I'm from Belgium so I'd rather like NED to NOT sweep :wink:
Also, we have one good ice-skater who managed some good times but unfortunately no medals (I think he finished 6th on his favorite distance).
Parent - By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2018-02-13 1:06 PM
:laugh: oops :blush:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-13 9:49 AM
She was awesome!! I agree... so much better. :cool: I love how she went out with a bang on her last run!
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-02-13 12:57 PM
and Hangry :mutmad::laugh:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-02-13 10:08 AM
She was WAY better than everyone else, no question there.

I've been watching some every night but haven't really gotten into it as much as other years.
Parent - - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2018-02-13 11:08 AM
She was great.  Was pretty impressed with the men's training runs too -- they do some crazy shit. 

Sad for the nice Australian woman who smashed her face.  :sad:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-13 11:14 AM
I felt bad for her too :cry:
She's so young. Hopefully she'll keep it up!
- By skigirl Date 2018-02-13 10:27 AM
We've been watching a lot of the biathlon - my daughter competes in biathlon and is really passionate about it so it's a lot of fun to watch the elite biathletes do their stuff.  We've taken to watching replays of the biathlon competitions while we have supper.  :laugh:

The biathlon range in PyeongChang is so crazy-windy it really has been messing up the shooting - even the top competitors have been struggling to shoot clean - and while I can empathise with how difficult it is for them it's also really fascinating to watch how they adjust to deal with the conditions.

Normally I would be watching a lot of the xc skiing too but haven't done so yet - hopefully later in the week.
- By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2018-02-13 12:42 PM
Haven't watched a lot yet. Recorded a bunch of skiing and biathlon as those are the best sports.
I find the snowboarding and ski cross stuff as silly.
I watched the Skiathalon. It's crazy how easy they look doing that while going at an insane pace. Much like watching marathon runners.
- - By N70SAK Date 2018-02-13 1:00 PM
Caught a few minute of mixed curling....sp?  Canada v. Norway. :roll:
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-02-13 3:01 PM
I know, right?  It's like curling isn't exciting enough as it is.  Now they have MIXED CURLING!  How awesome is that!
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-02-13 1:30 PM
I haven't seen a lot but observations so far..

I either have bad timing or this is what goes on all the time.. when I tune in, it's just people talking about what happened or what's coming up...for seemingly long periods.. Or Katie Couric showing off her button collection. That was a long segment. I think that was Sunday when I did catch a few minutes of biathlon and cross country skiing. Saw a little short track ice skating. I tried to like the snow boarding last night but found it repetitive/boring.
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-02-13 2:59 PM
NBC Sports Channel has much better coverage than NBC - more sport, less talk.  I haven't checked out the NBC streams yet, but would hope that is even more sport to talk ratio
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-02-13 7:40 PM
I probably don't have that since I have minimal cable.
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2018-02-13 3:39 PM
I was surprised last night that the main NBC feed had live snowboard coverage and live ski coverage without a lot of interruptions and nonsense.  The uninterrupted live coverage did get a little boring -- lots of standing around waiting for scores -- but I found the focus sort of refreshing compared to the usual fluff-fest.
- By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-02-13 3:10 PM
I'm an Olympics junkie, so have seen lots of coverage.  It helps when you work from home and can have the TV on all day.

Some of the events, like mogul skiing, are a bit specialized but most of the people doing it are excellent all around skiers.  The skills for the event come into play when just going out and enjoying the mountain.  Other events seem to require skills that translate into nothing else.  What else do you do if you are a luger or skeletoner or ski jumper?  You spend your life working on those skills and can't use them anywhere else?  Kind of like people who throw discus or shot or hammer.
- By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-02-13 10:01 PM Edited 2018-02-13 10:39 PM
Watching the SWE/SUI women's hockey game and during the break they have a couple of commentators giving insight into the game.  Erika Lawler -  OMG was that painful.
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-02-14 5:33 AM
Shaun White is cool. :cool:
Parent - By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2018-02-14 11:07 AM
So cool, in fact, that he will send you an unsolicited dick pic
Parent - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2018-02-14 11:33 AM
Is he?
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2018-02-14 11:38 AM
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-02-16 6:21 AM
I didn’t know any of that. :meh:
- By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-02-15 8:15 PM
We're watching, every day.
- - By Tommeke Date 2018-02-16 5:53 AM
TONIGHT IS LINDSEY VONN TIME :cool:
Parent - - By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2018-02-16 7:55 AM
She's old and washed up. They didn't even have her in the SI Swimsuit issue that obviously caused so much distraction from her previous performance.
Mikaela Shiffrin is the new hotness.
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2018-02-16 9:26 AM
A quick google search on Mikaela did not turn up any skimpy glamour shots. sad!
- By insistor (needs a bigger dick) Date 2018-02-16 7:56 AM
Women's hockey is way more fun than men's hockey
- By sideshowbob Date 2018-02-16 8:42 AM
When is the beach curling event scheduled ?
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / 2018 Olympics