Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / MonDaily
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 10:25 AM
Post 'em.

Who would play you in a movie?
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-02-12 6:40 PM
Dangit, I'm still into old school replying, sorry. :blush: Dunno, but if I were a woman I'd be really flattered being compared either to Sandra Bullock or Wynona Ryder. :cool: You've got a couple good casters. :wink: Oh and I hope the elliptical, boxing and lift all went well. :happy:

Here it was a short one at lunchtime along the river because of a hamburger lunch with my son, his gf and my wife since it's my kid's last week in state employment. I'm going to miss him being a couple blocks away, seeing him all the time during the day and being a fellow employee of the Commonwealth. :sad: Anyhow, 2.5 miles with all the ice and snow along the river replaced by swampiness so I stayed on the asphalt path instead of the grass.

I've never thought seriously of who might play me so I'll have to think about your question.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-02-12 7:06 PM
About 5 miles for me and the Lady on the trails of whispering pines here in Florida. Warm, gray, humid with some light rain. The Lady is not liking the humid weather. Seems in year's past much lower humidity down here in February. Feels more like April. So we took it easy and took some walking breaks.

No idea on the actor.... can't think of any stars with reverse Mohawks.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-02-12 8:15 PM
Repliers unite. :cool: And nice low key run with Lady B in the whispering pines. :hug:
Parent - By IB Date 2018-02-12 11:11 PM
10.5 miles

9¢ (9 coins)

53º & dark at 1830

New Balance Zante V2 Fresh Foam
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 10:38 AM
70 minutes active recovery on the elliptical.  I am nearing the end of season 5 of Scandal and it is getting less stupid, so I had to stay on for more than one episode.  :roll::laugh:  I will go to boxing class and lift tonight.

One year long assignment of the English class both my kids took/is taking during the senior year in HS, is to make a scrapbook. Some of the pages our "regular" scrapbook pages which are made up of homecoming photos, concert ticket stubs, etc.. For about a third of the scrapbook, the kids select topics from an assigned list.  These require writing essays, making lists and other random topics.  One topic is "Who would be cast in the movie of the story of your life?"

When blazergirl did this, she "cast" Sandra Bullock to play me!:hug::hug:  Yesterday, the boy completed this assignment and cast Wynona Ryder to play me.:laugh::roll:  While I really liked Wynona Ryder back in the day....I watched Heathers several times.....she kinda went a little whacky.  But the boy really only knows her as the mom in Stranger Things where (he told me)....."She is a crazy, kinda annoying woman who would literally fight everything evil for her kids."  :laugh:  The picture he put the scrapbook of Wynona had her screaming/yelling.  Oh boy!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-02-12 10:43 AM
:laugh:  Teenagers don't invest a lot of effort in sparing their parents' feelings, I find.  Too funny about Wynona Ryder.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:01 AM
I take solace in the fact he knows I will do ANYTHING to protect him, even if I am crazy & annoying while do so!
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-02-12 11:09 AM
Teens are totally into Stranger Things these days (my 12yo niece is crazy about it) so I'm sure taking Wynona Ryder is meant as a compliment :wink:
And they have no idea about her shoplifting craze and all other wacky stuff she did 10 years ago.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:34 AM
I LOVE Stranger Things!  When Season 2 was released around Halloween, it was the same time I got out of boot and onto the elliptical.  I was thrilled to have the opportunity to binge while on the elliptical.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-12 3:55 PM
I loved the movie Heathers! Saw it in the theater when it came out in '88, then watched it on video about 1000 times.:laugh: But we took Isabella to see the musical on Saturday, I was really wondering how they'd pull off a musical of that story.:wtf: It was good, but very different than the movie. And I can't see anyone other than Christian Slater in the role of JD!

Harry had that same assignment his senior year! I remember him working on the yearbook, but I don't remember which essay he did.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-02-12 4:05 PM
At least it wasn't The Beetlejuice version of Winona! :laugh:

Sandra Bullock totally fits :cool::cool:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:23 PM
I love Winona Ryder so I think he made an awesome choice! :cool:
Nice recovery!
- - By skigirl Date 2018-02-12 10:41 AM
:laugh:  Your question reminds me of a conversation I had once with DH, when I was telling him about the movie based on the life of Eddie the Eagle (ski jumper who competed, against all odds, in the 1988 Winter Olympics).  I got mixed up and said that Eddie the Eagle had been played by Hugh Jackman, which wasn't the case - Hugh Jackman played Eddie's coach.  Anyway, DH immediately said that, when they go to make the movie of *his* life, he wants Hugh Jackman to play him.  I agreed I would hold out for that when selling the rights to his life story.  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rest day today, rest day yesterday (although I went to a yoga class).  Saturday I did a 31-km ski race, which turned out to be a ton of fun.  I knew going in that I wasn't really trained for the distance, but I also knew that if I didn't do it, I would regret it.  This race is a huge event that draws people from all over Canada and even internationally - it has partner races in the US and Norway and some people like to do all three - and pretty much all of the people we know in the local xc ski community sign up for one of the distances.  XC skiing is like trail running in being a very welcoming, non-snobby sport and races always have a fun atmosphere.  So, DH and I signed up for the 31K, and a few days before the race we persuaded DD to sign up as well. 

Race day was perfect conditions - the day before would have been too cold to have the race, and the day after would have been too cold as well, but on Saturday the temps skyrocketed to -10C (about 14F) which is perfect skiing weather.  DD went out in the first wave of skiers; DH and I went out at the back of the second wave.  DH and I had fun - although the distance was certainly challenging, it never turned into a complete death march.  The route had changed since the last time I did this event, and the organizers seemed to find a *lot* more hills to climb :cry:, but I got up them all without too much loss of dignity and handled all the downhills without any wipeouts. 

DD finished almost two hours ahead of us :blush::cool:, and, per our agreed-upon plan, got a ride back to the city with friends rather than hang around waiting for us.  It was her first time doing this distance and she wasn't quite sure ahead of time she wanted to do it, but she had a great time and had lots of stories to tell afterwards.  So, a really fun day for all three of us.  :happy:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:03 AM
I am so glad your race went well and was fun!!
Parent - By Tommeke Date 2018-02-12 11:05 AM
I have a Norwegian friend and he did the Birkebeiner a couple of times in Norway. XC is huge there.
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-02-12 1:00 PM
That sounds like a great day! I’m glad you all enjoyed it - especially DD since that now gives you a “bonding” event you can do together in future years.
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-02-12 2:38 PM
Nice job on the race!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-12 3:50 PM
Such a cool race!:cool::cool:

Hugh Jackman is awesome- as long as he's not singing. Your husband doesn't foresee any musicals about his life, does he?:laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:24 PM
I kinda liked him in The Greatest Showman :blush:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-02-12 4:06 PM
Nice job! :cool: And congrats to DD, that is awesome! :cool:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:24 PM
Yeah!! That's so awesome! Sounds like a great family adventure. :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-12 7:23 PM
I am glad your family shares a love of XC skiing and that your DD seems to be doing so well.
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:06 AM
Nothing today. Maybe weights later as I'm fighting off a cold.:roll:

I'm told Holly Hunter though she is a few years older and a couple inches taller. (Yes it's possible to be under 5' tall.)
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:37 AM
I love Holly Hunter!  She is a powerhouse in a small package.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:25 PM
Feel better. I have so much snot (TMI) that I totally wanted to blow rockets in spin class but realize I can't because I'm indoors. :cry:
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:37 AM
Taught spin class this morning & did hip & shoulder exercises afterwards.  Had more riders than last Monday morning (Super Bowl "hangovers") but still not that many...maybe 'cause some people are off from work for Presidents Day?

Mark Harmon
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:43 AM
President's Day is officially celebrated next Monday.....trust the banker on this one!

Every version of Mark Harmon is my favorite.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:59 AM
Oopsie!  Guess I had it confused with Lincoln's BD being today & forgot about George.  This will be the 8th President's Day since I haven't had it as a holiday as a Federal employee or I would have remembered!

...so I get to look forward to even less people coming to class NEXT Monday :sad:
:grin::grin:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-12 7:24 PM
I hope you have a good turnout. Maybe people will come out and then go back home to bed.
- - By george [us] Date 2018-02-12 12:40 PM
easy 6.4 miles with a coworker
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 1:21 PM
:cool:
:cool:
- - By Tim [us] Date 2018-02-12 1:05 PM
No run today. I have a cold and was exhausted from Saturday’s 18-Miller and then a busy day yesterday. The sleep was much more beneficial to me than a run would have been.

Food: I discovered making roasted kale chips last week and my kids are addicted to them. Tasty and healthy! And pretty easy to make - basically just chop up some kale, put it on a baking sheet, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt/pepper, and bake for 10 minutes at 350.

Movie: Pierce Brosnan could play a much cooler version of me.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 1:25 PM
But, if they still taste like kale, then.....gross.:cry:  I initially thought there was spinach mixed into the quinoa stuff I had for lunch, but it was kale. :sad:  The kale totally ruined the taste of every bite in which it was hiding.  I absolutely hate the taste of it.
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-02-12 4:12 PM
Kale doesn’t have much flavor, especially when it’s fresh. Mostly you just taste the delicious combo of olive oil, salt, and pepper. The kale is just kind of a vessel for those things.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-12 3:47 PM
You do look like Pierce Brosnan!:laugh:

I like homemade kale chips, but I tried some commercial "nacho flavored" kale chips once. :cry::cry: It was years ago, and I'm still nauseous thing of that.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:26 PM
Oh man, hope you feel better :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-12 7:25 PM
Kale is only good doused I Olive Oil and parmesan cheesee.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 1:53 PM
Happy Monday! Hmmm on the movie question. A long time ago people would tell me I looked like that girl from Cocktail. I don't see it but will always take that as a compliment. : pbbt::laugh::cry:

Cyclebar and an Olive walk :hug:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-12 4:00 PM
Elizabeth Shue.....she was also the star of Adventures In Babysitting.  And she is cute!
:hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-12 7:26 PM
We all need an onscreen alter ego.
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-02-12 2:38 PM
5.5 miles at noon.

It rained most of the day yesterday and it looked like it was going to continue through this morning so we moved our morning runs to Tue / Thu for this week. I went down to the riverfront but didn’t go all the way to the far end. The path closest to the river was shut down because of all of the rain caused the river to cover up parts of that path. It was 70 and humid so a rude awaking after the weeks of cold temps.

I’d want Tom Hanks to play me in the movie.
Nice run! :grin:
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-02-12 3:17 PM
12km today which was my longest run in a long time........coolish morning with Molly.  Felt really good so hope things are kicking into shape now.

I would play myself in a movie because Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer would be my co-stars.  (and some of those kids from 90120!!!):hug:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:27 PM
Brandon or Dylan? : pbbt:

Good stuff!! Hope everything is improving! :grin:
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-02-12 5:11 PM
Hopefully the movie's budget could get both those heart throbs in the cast so with myself we could have three really mint guys:hug:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 5:19 PM
:laugh::hug:
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-12 3:44 PM
I would play Uma Thurman's character in Kill Bill, because I love Uma and I've always wanted to be an international assassin, but a close second would be playing Elizabeth Swan in Pirates of the Caribbean, because... Johnny Depp as a pirate. :swoon:

60 minute HR zone spin class today, it kicked my butt. And then much excitement as THE DUMPSTER arrived this morning! I've wanted a dumpster for as long as I can remember, which at my age is about 5 years.:roll: We've had it for a few hours and it's already a third full. We still have the attic and basement to clean out.:shocker!:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-02-12 4:08 PM
I would be so excited about the dumpster! :laugh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-12 5:29 PM
It's like a late Christmas present!:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:27 PM
Nice workout! :cool:
Uma Thurman is cool!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-12 5:33 PM
I met Uma once in a store that sold baby stuff- cribs, changing tables, diaper genies, stuff like that. I had my baby with me, he was 7 months old, and Uma was very pregnant, overdue. All I saw was this very pregnant woman, so we start chatting, she said my son was really cute, paid for her stuff, and left, then the cashiers all turned to me and were like, "That was Uma Thurman!":shocker!::shocker!:  I had no idea. When my son was old enough to watch Kill Bill, I told him that story.:laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 7:35 PM
That's a great story!!
- - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2018-02-12 3:57 PM
3.25 quick treadmill miles I was jamming by the end.

I've been told I look like a comedian and actor named Tom Kinney, but I'd prefer to be played by Deniro who would bring more gravitas to the role.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:28 PM
:grin::happy:
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-02-12 4:02 PM
SDO. Thinking about yoga after work. I did this 20-min yoga for runners on YouTube yesterday that had me doing poses I'd never done before, and I'm definitely feeling it today! I biked 12 miles (45 min) yesterday instead of running in the 40* and rain. I had been running around doing errands all day in the crappy weather, so the bike trainer sounded like a better option.

I have been told I resemble Jodie Foster and Kiera Knightly. Another forumite (TomorrowNeverKnows) said that he could see Claire Danes playing me in a movie, back in her My So-Called Life days with the red hair. I also used to have the same hairdo and color as Milla Jovovich when she played Leelo in The Fifth Element, and she was totally badass in that, so I will go with her.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 4:29 PM
I can see resemblance in those actresses you mentioned. :grin:
I'm going to look up that yoga. I'm hoping to get to yoga tomorrow. Last week was so busy I only made it once. :meh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-12 5:35 PM
I can see Kiera Knightly!

The weather was shiite yesterday. I was so happy to see the sun today!
- - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2018-02-12 6:47 PM
i did nothing.

carson daly :roll::roll:

sometime told me I looked like Joey Lawrence a few weeks ago. I said "the kid or adult?". I never got a clear answer. :meh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-12 7:35 PM
:laugh::hug: Carson Daly! T says he brings absolutely nothing to The Voice. Poor Carson. :sad:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / MonDaily