Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday - 2/12
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-12 9:50 AM
Should we keep the daily going or join in with the L&O crowd?

I scanned a few daily threads there just to get a feel of things.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-12 9:57 AM
After resolving some work issues after a weekend upgrade I went to the park and ran 4.28 in some light snow & sleet.

After 2 days of rain, the Guyandotte River was very high.  The river trail is under water. I guess that makes the name of the trial more literal.

Super Bowl note: The offensive coordinator of the Eagles, Frank Reich, is a favorite of Buffalo Bills fans. He was the backup QB behind the legendary Jim Kelly. One year in the playoffs he was filling in and brought the Bills back from a 33 point deficit. It is still the greatest comeback in playoff history. (I have a VHS tape of that game somewhere around here.) But during the Super Bowl, the announcers never mentioned his name once (that I recall). They talked endlessly about the Patriots offensive and defensive coordinators. I was mildly disturbed by the slight.  Well, good old Frank Reich is now the head coach of the Colts.  Good for him.  Let's see how good the Eagle's offense is next year without him.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-12 10:22 AM
Dave, your point did not go un-noticed in Philly.  The announcers missed a lot of good stuff.  Eagles also lost their QB coach to Minnesota.  New offensive coord.  One of the reasons Nick Foles was so successful was the coaches had been back up QBs and understood what it took.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-12 10:17 AM
I like our group.  Even if we are small.  I'm not good in large crowds.

Run this morning started at 50* and finished at 43*  (never could get that alt176 to work on my laptop and can't seem to find shortcuts).  Buckets of rain this weekend and the roads are disintegrating rapidly with potholes everywhere.  Freeze thaw rain, repeat.

Yesterday was the first weekend without Eagles football since Aug 10.   :cry::grin:

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-12 10:34 AM
Hi  Masters.  Let's try to keep it going over here.   I went over to L and O when we got the first invite and I posted for a week or 2.  It was difficult to jump into; screen names don't always indicate gender and I also couldn't tell who was a L and O regular and who were the newly joined from Marathons and Womens.   They were all very welcoming but I don't have the brain cells to process that many new posters.

10 Below this morning and it really came out of the blue.  We haven't been below zero in a couple weeks.  It's up to 14 now and on above freezing most days the remainder of the week.  I don't want it to get warm too fast; there's an AWFUL lot of snow to melt - we could have flooding.

I got an email from Lori Anderson this morning - she's into agility training with her dog Tanner.  He sounds like a big rambunctious pup and knocked her flat his first time through the course.  If you remember, Lori is queen of emojis so the email was really colorful!

The work at the animal shelter was especially taxing this morning.  And I'm having a friend over for tea and conversation this afternoon so I have to clean my house.  Or at least the dining room.  So in order: nap, clean, dog walk, yoga, brew tea, chat.    Have a great Monday everyone.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:53 AM
Tell Lori to stop by.  After all it is :hug:Valentines:hug: Eve Eve :cool::cool::cool::cool::grin::grin::grin::grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-12 12:56 PM
:laugh:  I didn't think of that!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-12 1:43 PM
Have they thought about moving winter Olympics there?   Perhaps they should have an American Snowshoveling team.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-12 1:42 PM
Hola!

The sun is out and boy does it feel good!  I went and counted money this morning and then met my friend for power walk.  Lots of people walking.

I like our small group and am not moving.

That's it from my neck of the woods.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-12 3:39 PM
I picture a bunch of ladies counting the loot, stuffing their pockets and walking like crazy to get out of town. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-12 3:43 PM
Ha!  We have this one man who is in charge of the team.  I have seen him shout and yell at others if they don't do stuff his way.  Well, this is my 4th time and I encountered a new task this morning.  He started to let into me and I stopped him in his tracks.  Said there was no need for him to yell at me.  Think he was shocked that I actually stood up to him.
Don't know what he did in his previous life, but he tries to intimate everyone, even those using the copier.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-12 3:53 PM
Sounds like a surgeon.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-12 4:56 PM
The roads were icy early this morning so school was canceled. Before school was canceled, I walked down my driveway to go run at 4:45.  The driveway was a little slick, then I stepped onto the road, ran just a few steps and there was a thin layer of ice that made the entire road a skating rink.  I walked back into the house and told Melissa that I was sure school would be canceled. I got out early this morning in the sunshine and ran 9.99 miles.  That's the distance my Garmin ended on my 5 miles out then back. 

Makayla woke up feeling bad.  She went to the Dr.  She has the flu.  No school for her the rest of this week.

I like it here on the Masters Forum, but I will follow the crowd should everyone decided to move north to L&O.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-02-12 9:45 PM
Ohhh I so hope everyone chooses to stay here. :hug: Post on the L&O daily if you choose, of course, but don't stop coming here! :cry:

Seems like it would cause this entire forum to disintegrate even more quickly, but what do I know. Marathons totally left their "room" and I miss them, lol.
Beginners are holding their own. :cool: I come off like a creepy lurker, don't I? :laugh: Rather, I just feel like I've "known" so many of these people for years, I enjoy reading about them, even if I don't feel I can participate. :happy:

I shall continue posting my not-worth-readings at times... I know you all need a blast of arctic cold now and again! :laugh::hug:

IT'S SNOWING!!!! :hug::hug::hug: Though it's stupid warm at 22°. :mutmad: :laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-13 8:19 AM
I noticed that Marathons is a ghost town.  I used to lurk there also and some posters indicated that they did not want to move and guess they just dropped off the forum.
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-02-12 10:08 AM
Good Morning Dave and all to follow.

Back home yesterday, after 2 days at Disneyland and I day at the Nixon Memorial site and then I day at the Reagan Memorial.

President Libraries and Memorial Centers are oh so very good and educational.    My wife and I are looking forward to more. In the Fall, we are touring the NY area and we will track down more. (We visited the Truman last year).

We did log 20+ thousand steps on each of the 2 days at Disneyland.    I will being a five miler after Meals on Wheels.

Have a good week, all.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-12 10:25 AM
Cool about the libraries.  Just heard that Disney is raising their prices.   I've never been.  Would I like to go?   Maybe.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-12 1:42 PM
I too enjoying touring the Presidential Libraries.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday - 2/12