Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-12 5:54 AM
random stuff
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-12 5:57 AM
~Lost 5 lbs last week

~Pitchers and Catchers Report tomorrow!!!!!!!!

~VERY interesting story:  https://citiusmag.com/the-story-of-the-first-indoor-marathon/

~The 50 Shades movie dominated the box office

:wink:

~Happy (early) Valentines Day. The wife and I bought each other matching compact 9mm semi-automatics at the gun show this weekend :hug::grin::hug::laugh:

~Fast food workers walking out today?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-12 6:42 AM
Why are fast food workers walking out today?

Great job on the weight loss!:cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-12 7:52 AM
I assume still wanting $15 an hour
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:01 AM
:roll:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:09 AM
Many of them aren’t worth the minimum wage that they’re earning. Sorry, but it’s true. Throwing more money at undependable, lazy workers isn’t going to solve anything.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-12 6:44 AM
That was a very cool article. :cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-12 9:08 AM
can you imagine 500+ laps??
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-12 12:08 PM
I guess I can... I mean 200...500 after a certain point it's not about how many laps, but more of about just not stopping.  : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-12 12:13 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-12 8:29 AM
Did you go see that movie?  Edit: just now got the joke :blush::laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:30 AM
Haha no

I"m waiting for it in 3D

:wink:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-12 7:42 AM
--Side roads, sidewalks, driveways, etc. still super icy. I'm not looking forward to driving down the hill out of the subdivision. Hope I don't slide out onto the highway. :meh:

--I was glued to the TV during the men's cross country skiing. I felt Norwegian for a while cheering on those three guys. : pbbt:

--Enjoying all of the events in the Olympics. :happy:

--Iowa isn't thrilled with the idea of me getting a "regular" job. He'd prefer me not working at all. Too bad that isn't feasible.

--His mom sent him some money out of the blue. Gave all the kids some. That's a nice chunk to stick into our house fund. :cool:

--Well, my sister can't come back for a visit. She's in a crotch to ankle brace or 2 weeks 24 hrs/day. :cry: Blew out her ACL, damaged the MCL, LCL and tore the meniscus. Kids are still coming. She's going to call an Uber and send them to the airport on their own. They can manage. They've flown enough. I'll fetch them in Kansas City this weekend. I'm up there for book group anyway.

--Called about service on my TM. $75/hr plus $1 mile mileage ($60-$70 a trip). :cry: I'm sure it'll take two trips out here to diagnose the problem, order whatever parts are needed, then come back to repair it. Iowa thinks it's the control panel. Half tempted to buy one and have him put it on and see if it works. Shit, I'm going to have at least $300 in labor/mileage alone.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-12 7:44 AM
We got lucky and missed all of the nasty weather this weekend! Be careful
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:03 AM
OMG What did your sister do? That is horrible!

I haven't gotten to watch the olympics yet. Hoping to tonight. :cool:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:09 AM
Skiing mishap with the German boyfriend. :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-12 8:31 AM
Why doesn't he want you to work?

M's dad did the same thing with $$ last year when we visited.

I'd try the control panel thing too. M has done a few things like that with repairs, figuring the cost of trying himself is less than paying for a technician
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-12 9:50 AM
I think he’d just like me to not have to work. I could totally do that in the summers with the garden and all. Not so sure about the winter. I’d probably go nuts. Actually, if I got a job with good benefits he could quit his full-time job and just work the harvest crew. That would really be the way to go. Eight months off a year and screw the ex wife on alimony. :grin:

Control panel is $233. :meh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-12 12:12 PM
Can you try calling the manufacturer of your treadmill?  They may be able to help you diagnose the issue and if you can order the parts, even if you have to have someone come to install the parts, at least it's only 1 trip out for the repair guy then. 

Otherwise, with that kind of repairs, maybe wait for garage sale season or try Craig's list for a used one?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-12 12:55 PM
I have looked on line at Nordic Track. It sounds quite a bit like the control panel by searching the issues. I just want it fixed. Wanted it fixed a long time ago....before I put on 10 pounds. :cry: I went ahead and got back to the guy and he’s coming out tomorrow. If he needs to come back again to install a part and I’m going to have to pay more mileage then I’ll just have Iowa put it on. Obviously, the guy isn’t that busy if he’s available at my beckoning call. I don’t have an issue with paying mileage but $1/mile is excessive when you’re charging coming AND going. That’s double the standard. Even more ridiculous when I might have to pay for another trip! Whatever. He better be damn good.

This is an $1800 TM. Fixing it is probably better than buying a used one.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-12 2:59 PM
He’s making you pay for his trip back?  :mutmad: Our guy just has a trip fee.  Definitely have the part delivered to you, not the repair guy. I’d bet Iowa can install it. Bill’s done a few replace/repair things for me. And from watching, most of it seems to be unplug old parts, plug in new parts.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-12 5:32 PM
I’ve already decided if it’s the control panel, or whatever else it may be, I’m ordering the part myself, paying for it, having it shipped to my house and Iowa’s installing it. Just want to get an experts diagnosis. Maybe I’ll be lucky and it’ll just need a tune up. Yea, right!!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:01 AM
Morning!

Spent the weekend in Mobile with my best friend and her kids. Luckily the loser left and only showed up once for a min. Just to ruin some things for his girls. Wow that man is evil. Anything to make them hate their mom or ruin their time with friends. :mutmad: Luckily he was gone long enough it started to wear off and we had a good time later.

The Krewe of Kindergarten parade at the kids school had to be the best though! :laugh::laugh:

Kids loved the parade friday night. Marti Gras can be for kids. They had a blast:laugh: Got to see the Budweiser Clydesdales:cool: Always beautiful and magnificent!

Rained the entire weekend. :meh: Tornado warning Saturday.

Car broke down on the way home. Alternator and new battery. Luckily the tow truck driver took the time to find a place that might be able to repair it on Sunday. And they were able  have us back on the road by 4pm. :shocker!: So we were home late, but not much later than planned. And the kids got to ride in a town truck:laugh:

I feel so sorry for the kids teachers today:laugh::laugh::laugh::blush::blush::blush:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:02 AM
Car trouble sucks ass. Especially on a road trip!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:11 AM
You jinxed yourself on the car breaking down.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:19 AM
:shocker!::sad: Oops.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-12 8:32 AM
Glad you had a fun time and could overcome the H trying to ruin things. The pix you posted looked like the kids were having fun
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-12 9:15 AM
Luckily H stayed away. He really has turned into a piece of work.  She will probably be calling DCFS soon.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-12 10:51 AM
hopefully they are on the way to not being under the same roof soon !?!?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-12 11:49 AM
Not until court comes in late July (assuming it isn't delayed more).
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-12 12:14 PM
:shocker!::shocker!:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTS