Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Sunday Dailies: Post 'em
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 2:19 PM
How's your Sunday going? Getting it done?

Post 'em if you got 'em!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 2:31 PM
45 minute tabata spin class this morning. Felt like I was going to die but had my highest output yet on the bike. It wasn't exactly recovery for yesterday's 20 miler, so I did another 45 minute spin at an easier effort for recovery. I was starving when I got off the bike.:laugh: Now I'm just eating to procrastinate packing boxes.:roll:

Blather: Isabella really wanted to see the musical Heathers, so last night we drove almost two hours to where it was playing in Long Island. It was an amateur production, but the main characters had a lot of talent! Isabella was enthralled, and watching her watch the show was more entertaining than the show itself.:laugh::hug: But the best part of the night was dessert at this small Italian restaurant we stopped at before the show. "Nuttella pizzette." The "ette" was misleading, the thing was huge- 12" diameter, flaky almost pastry crust with Nutella and globs of cannoli filling and whipped cream. OMFG. I may never have dessert again, because anything after that will just be a total let down.: pbbt:

Packing...:meh:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 2:42 PM
Nice recovery!

Your evening sounds so fun... and that dessert! I want it now! : pbbt:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 3:02 PM
It's a good thing that restaurant is 2 hours away from me!
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-02-11 3:24 PM
Nice bonding experience with the DD.  Seeing her that happy makes it all worthwhile, right?   Well, makes most of it worthwhile.  I can't believe you did all that after a 20-miler!!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:35 PM
My legs felt good!

Yeah, DD.:hug: I'm already sad about her going away to college, and she's not leaving until late August.:roll:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2018-02-11 4:28 PM
Um, recovery would have been skipping the 45 minute tabata class...just sayn'   :roll:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:36 PM
Yeah, but It was just so tempting after that Nutella Pizza last night!:laugh: At least I felt like I'd lost 10 lbs after the class.:roll:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-02-11 4:46 PM
:laugh::cool: That may not have been the best recovery from a 20 miler but it surely was from the Nuttella thing. :wink:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:36 PM
You understand me!:laugh:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:04 PM
Hmmm, that sounds like the opposite of recovery to me...

Omg that dessert... Drool!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:38 PM
The tabata was hard, but the in the second class I paid careful attention to HR and kept resistance a lot lower, felt pretty good after.

It was so good!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:44 PM
Nutella Pizzette? That sound like heaven on earth. :mischief:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:33 AM
Yes!
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-02-11 4:41 PM
10 miles on a valley section of the appalachian trail. The trail was still all ice, but it was soft ice at 42F and pretty good running. :grin: The woods and couple fields are still snow-white and truly beautiful. The two black horses in a snow covered horse pasture which the trail traverses were striking against the snow and made my heart jump. :hug: I stayed upright and really didn't slip much, but did clonk the top of my head on a half-fallen tree across the trail because I was looking down on that stretch without glancing up periodically, a dumb rookie mistake. :blush: So now I have a lump on the top of my head with a little gash which hurt like hell in the shower, but at least I didn't concuss myself *too* much and stayed upright. :laugh: It was a great run today. :cool:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 4:49 PM
Oh, your description of the horses sounds lovely. :hug:
Glad your head is okay and sounds like a great run!
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-02-11 5:06 PM
Thanks and it really was a special one.

The AT in the Cumberland Valley almost all is wooded, even when skirting farm fields in the 20 miles or so across the valley, and you'd never know you were near humanity. But in a couple places, the trail crosses fenced pastures where you need to go over the electric or barbed wire fences on either side via wooden stiles. Going up and down the stiles when running is kind of a pain in the butt as is running the open field in summer, but today it was the highlight of the run. :happy:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 5:23 PM
I need to run there!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:04 PM
Wow, that sounds like a beautiful run! Ouch on the head wound :cry:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:40 PM
Wow, the AT there sounds gorgeous! But the ice would have scared me away, if you didn't slip "much" I definitely would have killed myself.:laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:45 PM
I was enjoying your run until you got to the part about the tree in the head. :sad:
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2018-02-11 4:49 PM
14.3 miles with a friend of mine. Roads were kind of slushy and we hit some pretty good hills but still averaged 7:06 pace! Legs are pretty shot now from two workouts this week and that run.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 4:50 PM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:42 PM
Nice!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:46 PM
Great run!
Parent - By IB Date 2018-02-11 11:24 PM
16.1 miles

39¢ (6 coins)

Chilly and sunny at 0650, warmed up rather well as the day went on.

New Balance 890v5 Blue

-  --  -  --  -  --  -  --  -

Put in some miles with a couple of guys from the track club. One is closer to my ability than the other, he's one of those crazy fast guys. But he was willing to hang with us at our pace. A very nice run for the most part.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 2:26 PM
Happy Sunday!
Lazy now:blush:
8 miles in the cold wind with some sleet. All but one friend bailed!! Glad we got it done!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 2:31 PM
Great job getting it done! Half the battle is showing up!:cool:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 2:41 PM
You're so right! It was definitely the toughest run I've had in awhile.
I remember the days when I would opt for the treadmill over any less than ideal conditions.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-02-11 3:22 PM
That one friend who didn't bail -- :hug::hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:46 PM
You have pretty much convinced me that moving to Texas for warmer weather is a waste of time.:laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 6:02 PM
It's going to be 82 on Thursday :laugh: but 49 on Friday :roll:
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-02-11 3:22 PM
Sunday - Day started warm and beautiful.  We came up with a plan to run at a park between our house and the church we attend.  Great plan except when we got there, both bathrooms were locked and shall we say there weren't many opportunities to, uh, improvise :roll:  So we drove on back and I ran the same route I run 4-5 days/week  Bleah.  Not that terrible except my energy level is still pathetic.  It's good I sucked it up and got in the run when I did because a couple of hours later a cold front blew in, and the pretty day deteriorated into cold and gray :sad:  I'm sitting under a blanket, watching the olympics and hoping I can summon a little more umpf for tomorrow's run.  Tomorrow's weather is also supposed to suck, but at least I'll be prepared for it. 

We're going to Corpus Christi tomorrow afternoon, and I'm looking forward to running somewhere different for the rest of the week.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-02-11 4:00 PM
Sorry your run didn't work out, but cuddled under a blanket watching Olympics sounds nice :happy:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 4:16 PM
Ugh, sucks about the bathrooms. I don't understand why local governments can't provide citizens with this basic human need around the clock, when so many European cities have self-cleaning pay toilets all over the place.:wtf:

Rest up!
Maybe you're getting some of our weather! Have fun in Corpus!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:47 PM
It's hard to re-energize when the scenery stays the same.
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-02-11 3:58 PM
I ran 11 this morning and walked 3 this afternoon. Foggy in these parts with the snow from last week's storm on the ground and warming temps. I like running when it's foggy and I had some meditative music on my shuffle and felt very relaxed and focused. Ohmmmmmmmmm. The walk I did is from my house and there is a big hill and it was like walking into a cloud. There's a horse farm at the top of the hill and there were a few horses out in the foggy field. A little spooky in the cloud. A little like one of the days in Ireland last summer.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-11 4:00 PM
That sounds like an interesting run.  I have run up a hill and into the fog. It's kind of a cool feeling.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 4:17 PM
What a nice run! I'm doing a half in 3 weeks that runs through NJ horse country, I'm looking forward to it!
Sounds like a great walk!
Good run!:grin:
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-11 3:58 PM
Last night's weather was 18 degrees, with light snow and freezing rain. I woke up, dressed up and went outside to test the street.  The verdict was slick so todays group run was cancelled. :sad: We originally had tickets to an out of town hockey game but they moved the game up to 11 am (it's a TV thing apparently).  My back up person for the run was in Cozumel (lucky) so we had to sell the tickets since I had specifically said I would be there.  In other words, I was really committed to doing the run and I loathed to cancel it but what are you going to do?

I went down to the treadmill and managed 6 miles that included 4 miles of strides and intervals my first real attempt at speedwork this year so at least there was that. :grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 4:18 PM
Bummer about the cancellations, but the treadmill run sounds solid!:cool:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 4:51 PM
Glad you got to do your run on the treadmill! :grin:
- - By sideshowbob Date 2018-02-11 4:30 PM Edited 2018-02-11 4:32 PM
5 early miles with J J Cale . A combination of fog , drizzle and some ice patches, so I wore my homemade studded Saucony Shadows ; Dad would have said "That's character building ,son ".:roll:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 4:51 PM
:cool::cool: Nice run!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:26 PM
ice patches are the worst, especially invisible ice.:cry:  So you wore screw shoes?
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2018-02-12 6:38 AM
I took a moderately used pair of shoes and screwed in 1/2 inch zip screws in the soles . They work great on ice , but TAKE THEM OFF BEFORE YOU STEP INSIDE (DW ) :grin:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:48 PM
Be careful. I need to sacrifice a pair of shoes for winter runs.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-02-11 4:36 PM
1600 meter swim this morning.  Then I met my running friends after their run, for coffee & conversation @ Starbucks.  They were complaining about getting soaked during the run.  I just told them I was wetter during my workout :wink:  and : pbbt:

While our running club president's current college student/art major DD did the design work on this year's version of our club brochure, the club sec'y coordinates actually getting the document printed and I had to visit two Staples since the tri-folding machine at the one where I had it printed broke :roll:  Easier part was having 1000 copies of the flyer/entry form for our summer race series printed. 

Just finished making up profile & playlist for tomorrow morning's spin class.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 4:52 PM
Nice swim!
I hope tomorrow's spin class is good! I'm going to spin at 8:30!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:32 PM
Nice swim! I felt like I was swimming during my tabata spin class this morning, man that sweat is intense!
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:03 PM
7 miles in a soaking rain. Other than that, I've been getting reading done for classes, snuggling with my baby girl, and watching Olympics coverage.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-02-11 5:24 PM
:shocker!: Sounds like yucky weather was widespread.
Good job!!! :cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 5:33 PM
Soaking rain.:meh:

Baby snuggles.:hug:
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-02-11 6:04 PM
it's the usual. cramming in all the things that have to happen for the week today while trying to relax a bit. :roll:: pbbt: Swan Lake was marvelous last night. Packed house, attentive audience, fabulous performance. We saw my favorite male dancer as part of the couple which was a big bonus. :mischief::evil:

Legs feel pretty good from the trail run yesterday. i only got pretty anstsy/squirmy the last act as one hip always bugs me sitting for a long time in performances. I squirm a lot.  :blush: debated running or biking today and wanted to be outside since it is so pretty but wasn't really in the mood for a run. :wtf: So DH and i went and did grocery shopping this am and when i got home, i took my bike out for a quick ride. 40 minutes or so and reminded me how NOT like riding outside is compared to a trainer. :laugh: We live on a hill so yeah, so different. It was cold (43 degrees) with a bit of a breeze but since it was a short ride and sunny, it was ok. my feet were only partially frozen when i got back.

patched holes in plaster walls, tsp'd some trim i'm going to repaint, cleaned the bathroom, did laundry etc etc.  i guess i'm getting it done!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 6:54 PM
Brrr, chilly ride!

Sitting for long periods (especially in the car!) sets off sciatica for me.:meh: I also have trouble with shows.

You are getting it done!:cool:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-02-11 6:07 PM
Very windy, 26 degrees and 17 windchill this morning. I was beat from yesterday's 20 and really, really didn't feel like running, but met my friend for our regular Sunday 10 miler. She also did not feel like running, we both hated every step, but we got it done. Then church, grocery shopping and laundry.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-02-11 6:57 PM
It always confuses me when Texas is so much colder than here in north Jersey!:wtf: 17° windchill is seriously cold! It was 45 here, felt balmy.:wtf:
- By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-02-11 7:04 PM
Not a lot of running the past few days.  Trying to get my construction project ready for inspection - hopefully this week - and have been putting in some hours there instead of running.

I now not only have a huge deck but it can carry a massive load :shocker!:
- By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-02-12 8:43 AM
26.2 miles
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Sunday Dailies: Post 'em