Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Good Saturday Morning Masters (2/10/18)
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-10 8:05 AM
I'm not expecting many posts today but I thought I'd start us out anyway.

Our garbage man is playing catch-up today with all the snow we've had.  His job is twice as hard with many roads not plowed and many garbage cans sitting in yards rather than out on the street.  So I know his mind was on that and not on me; but he nearly took Misha and I out.  We had to jump to the side and landed in hip deep snow.  Fell over of course; though luckily out of his path rather than in to it.  He never even looked up.

Then I came home to a puddle of cat puke next to the litter box.  Luckily it is out of sight in the basement because I need an hour or so to talk myself into clean up.:shocker!:

We have 11" of snow on the ground with 5 more on the way.  It has come over the course of 4 days so not overwhelming.  Easy shoveling, but I'm running out of places to put it.  So my broken record continues; today's workout: shoveling.

Have a great weekend my friends.:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-10 8:10 AM
Good morning and thanks for the start!

Glad you and Misha are ok.  I imagine it was a tad scary.

Did  you watch the Olympics opening ceremonies last night?  Oh my, what a show!  Loved how the drones were used. 

It is foggy this morning but according to the weather forecasters, we are to see sun this afternoon. We shall see.  However tomorrow is another story.  The cold returns.

Stay warm and safe.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-10 11:20 AM
I woke to a cat puking at 5:44. I got up and cleaned it up and then went out for a 5.29 miles run at the park.

I had coffee with a few other guys at 9:00. We started going through the book, "Future Grace" by John Piper.  31 chapters.  It'll take all year to get through it.

I did some grocery shopping on the way home from coffee and loaded up on healthier snacks. Oranges, apples. grapes, carrots instead of cookies and candy. I've also been buying snack crackers that are supposed to be healthier than regular crackers. They use seeds and nuts.  One brand I like is Crunchmaster.  (There are others I like too.) 

But it isn't all twigs and fruit. I made a pizza for lunch today. It really hit the spot.

Today and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 50's with a lot of rain. Cindy is at a conference today so I think I'll vacuum, mop, and dust while the I have the house free.

I haven't seen much of the Olympics except for a bit of the luge while eating my pizza. My favorite thing to watch is hockey, men's or women's, any country.  The men's USA team should be interesting to watch. The NHL didn't let the pros participate this year so the team is a hodge-podge of college kids, minor league players, and even some recently retired NHL players.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-10 3:37 PM
Dave, you are just like an energizer bunny; always on the go!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-02-10 4:22 PM
I love the Crunchmaster crackers. Blue Diamond has a line of gluten free crackers which are also very good. I love the sesame ones.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-10 2:04 PM
5.0 mile PW done; 60 second plank and 4 pushups.

Have a good one!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-02-10 6:36 PM
Took a walk after I got up. It’s warm and misty, all the snow is melting.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Good Saturday Morning Masters (2/10/18)