Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy that it's Friday - 2/9/2018
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-09 8:27 AM
Seems like it's been a hard week to concentrate at work, but it's Friday so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

What's Up?

I should try to come up with an interesting question....
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-09 8:31 AM
I wasn't feeling like running in the dark & cold this morning, plus, I wanted to try my new toy/gadget on the indoor setting. So I was off to the gym.

According to the treadmill I ran 4.05, and according to Garmin I ran 4.09. I think that is pretty amazing accuracy and I don't know how it did that.

I slowed down and kept my heart rate more in the aerobic zone. Garmin congratulated me for improving my fitness. :meh:  I decided (at least for the current moment) to relax a little on my runs and try to go further when I have the time.  Too much work today and I didn't get up early enough to do the "further" part today.

Yesterday, my younger daughter turned 28. Sounds like she celebrated with 10° and a snow storm.  Her dog had a seizure a couple days ago. It had been an issue a year or so ago but it seemed to be better.  They got medicine for the dog and on the bottle, after their last name it says, "Athena, The Dog" on it.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-09 8:33 AM
Cool that there is an indoor setting.   Sorry about the dog.:sad:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-09 10:25 AM
Wow, impressive on the indoor.  How's it know that?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-09 8:36 AM
It's national pizza day and national bagel day.  So there's that.

We got a good 5" of snow on top of the 7 from earlier.   Still very pretty, very fluffy, easy to shovel.   School is cancelled.  Many businesses are too.  Hospital and Clinic are on a late start schedule so don't get sick before 10am.

Today's cardio was trudging to but not thru the park followed by shoveling.  Yoga later.   Supposed to get a haircut today too but I'll have to wait and see if my stylist makes it into work.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-09 10:24 AM
You can send one of those snow storms here. So you still shovel.  Your hubby doesn't need to spend no money on a snow blower when he's got the Dawn-o-matic.  Snow fall, Dawn call, automatic. It's the Dawn-o-matic.   Not available in all areas.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-09 11:05 AM
you crack me up.

I don't mind shoveling when it's the light fluffy stuff.  Good cardio since it's too deep to run.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-02-09 10:55 AM
Thursday was one for the books.  I really wanted to go to the Eagles Super Bowl Parade in Philly, but I make clothing deliveries on Thursday for the Clothing Bank..  I honored that commitment but listened all morning as I'm delivering.  Of course the parade kept getting later.  I finished deliveries just before noon.  Headed to Philly, but where to go to park???  I finally went to airport and took the train.  The station is about 1.2 miles from Art Museum. The Art Museum steps is of Rocky fame (and Masters FEs for Philly Marathon)   I got there with the huge hundreds of thousands at the art museum. Just in time for National Anthem and fly over.  Then the victory speeches.  Jason Kelce the center on the team was very animated.  A few F bombs included.   Not many times when I have been around that many people all happy.:grin::cool: Felt like a big love fest at 28 degrees.   Long wait for the train back, but even there everybody was cool, with still lots of Eagles cheers. 

Small downer this AM.  Went for a penicillin allergy test.  They forgot to give me a packet for the prep.  Certain drugs you have to stop in advance and certain foods.  Green Tea.   Ok  reschedule.   Apparently penicillin allergy is frequently a missed diagnosis.  Mine goes back to the 50s when a lot of that happened.  It limits how you can be treated. 

Hopefully an afternoon run.   Nothing special this weekend...Rain and more rain.  We're getting Dawn's snow in liquid form. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-09 11:08 AM
with penicillin being such an inexpensive drug you'd like to NOT have an allergy to it.  The other antibiotics seem to have a huge price tag.

Sorry about the rain; snow is much prettier.  Glad you made it to Philly for the love fest!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-09 11:00 AM
I am just in a funk.  Has to do with an HOA issue that we thought was going to be resolved last month and wasn't.  Plus it is dreary outside which doesn't help one bit.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-09 11:09 AM
I think February is a funk-inducing month.  The shortest month of the year drags on with lousy weather.  Curl up with a cup of tea and a book.:hug:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2018-02-09 12:13 PM
Do you guys know/remember Carl Tenpas from RW?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-09 12:52 PM
I do Jen.  I am so sorry for his health issues.  It seems he takes on everything with grace.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-02-09 2:17 PM
Yeah, I didn't want to post the specifics unless you guys actually knew him. It's terrible :sad: But to be 84 and still running before this diagnosis is amazing.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-09 1:39 PM
I don't remember him
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-09 2:32 PM
His user name was Olden Sloh (or some variation of that)
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-09 3:11 PM
I looked him up on Facebook and didn't recognize him but I recognize that name.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-09 2:14 PM
We are having a festival for the kids at my school tonight.  Games, music, pizza, and other fun stuff.  I'm in charge of managing the Hungry, Hungry Hippo game using scooter boards.  Should be fun.  It's a fundraiser for the school.  Lots of kids say they're coming.

I ran 6 miles this morning.  I really want to run trails tomorrow but it is supposed to rain starting some time after midnight and raining the entire day.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-09 2:31 PM
I've seen videos of the Hungry Hungry Hippo with scooter boards.  Looks like a lot of fun.   I also saw one of cats playing.....not so much.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy that it's Friday - 2/9/2018