Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday Snow Day 2/8/18
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-08 8:58 AM
Pull up a chair and mug of hot cocoa; visit awhile.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-02-08 9:04 AM
We are in the path of 4-8" or 6-10" of snow depending upon your source.   We had 4 on Monday and another 2 on Tuesday; we are really getting caught up.  Up till this week we've only had 2 snows.  Bring it on.  It's pretty.  I'm going nowhere.  And, if we get 10", no one else is either.   I cautioned Amy to make friends with someone at work that has a 4wheel drive vehicle or dust off her tall snow boots and prepare to hike to work.

My husband has been at college recruiting fairs all week.  He has been amazed at the caliber of our young people.  He says our future is in good hands.:happy:

I've been hit with a bout of vertigo.  Probably from too many upside down yoga poses yesterday.  The streak may end today.

Pretty sure Karen is at the Eagle's parade.  Tom, I hope you are there too.  Have a blast!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-02-08 9:56 AM
Did my first run with my Garmin 235.  It has a wrist based heart rate monitor which is pretty cool.  I had a strap with my older Garmin but hardly ever messed with it.

This Garmin counts my steps too. (Which I think is kind of a fitness fad of little value, but I guess now that I have it I will see what it says.)

If I have Bluetooth on, the watch will let me know if I get an email. I can have Twitter & Facebook notifications come to the watch too but I think I'd end up smashing it with a hammer if I left those notifications on.

I am aware that my heart rate gets too high for most of my runs and my new Garmin gave me an Aerobic Training Effect message: "Overreaching - This activity was very demanding. While it can significantly improve your cardiorespiratory fitness, it can become harmful without enough recovery time and should be done sparingly."

I probably do need to work out more at an aerobic level more often but I don't think I can go back to full time low heart rate workouts like I tried a few years ago. It was too boring.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-02-08 10:09 AM
Hola!

We have sunny skies!  Woo hoo!   Will go out for a pw later this pm.

Have a good day and your Philly fans, enjoy the parade!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-02-08 12:37 PM
We had about 10” I think. It’s compacted from the sleet that fell so the snow had that nice crunchy crust on it but not enough to support any weight so it’s not quite as slippery as ice. Until it melts again I’ll have to fit in running when I’m off the island. It’s very sunny out so anything well shoveled or plowed will be cleared off soon.

Tonight is my first of 4 shifts: it’s payback for having Sunday night off. :roll:

:grin:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-02-08 1:20 PM
A mug of hot cocoa sounds good on a cold day like today.  It was 19 this morning, but no windchill.  Another 8 miles in the running log.

We have PTO meeting tonight so I'm staying at school then will go home after that.  I don't mind at all.  It's nice to only work 2 miles from home.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday Snow Day 2/8/18