Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / WThursdayF RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:14 AM
:wink:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:20 AM
I'm off tomorrow. Getting up early to take the kids and drive down to Mobile to see my best friend. And Tj's best friend. They call each other on the phone. It is hilarious. They don't know what to say but want to talk because they miss each other.:laugh: It is almost painful to listen to, or hilarious. But at least it is short:laugh:

Looks like it is going to rain all weekend, here and in Mobile. I'm fine with that. Stay inside, let kids play, and chill.:cool:

Haven't even taken my tylenol codeine med. Not even on NSAIDs right now. If you ever need a root canal, that dentist is the one to do it. Wow!:cool::cool: Seriously I almost fell asleep.:shocker!:

Ripley's toe is still looking horrible. Red and black. But the pain is improving. She made it trhough the day at school yesterday and went to church last night. She is taking the percocet to help her sleep and when she gets up because of the time without meds, but other than that is sticking with motrin.:cool::hug:

I believe in a couple years I'll be wearing contacts or glasses all day:meh::meh:

Holy crap. I finally got my laundry caught up. Seriously, the first time I don'thave a full basket (or three) since Christmas!!!!!:grin::grin:

Love watching Counterpart.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:25 AM
"Pain don't hurt". Dalton~Road House
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:34 AM
There is a movie I've still never seen. Maybe time to watch it. Is it good? Will it stand the test of time?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:36 AM
Oh God no! Top 10 worst movies ever made hahaha
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:56 AM
OH! Ok. Nevermind then:laugh::laugh: Thanks for saving me:hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:32 AM
If I ever need a root canal I’m coming to Alabama. : pbbt::wink:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:35 AM
I live in Georgia:laugh::laugh::laugh: Kennesaw, Ga. - Land of required handguns:mischief:

I'm only crossing that state line because my BFF moved there:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:41 AM
Georgia, Alabama what’s the difference. :laugh: HA!! I actually knew you lived in Georgia. I had a brain fart.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:49 AM
:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
THERE is a DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMG!:mutmad:

:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-08 7:52 AM
Enjoy your trip! Kids on the phone are painful

What is Counterpart about? Haven't heard of it
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:55 AM
It is on Starz (I only have it because of Outlander) and it is a spy/syfy show. Double worlds spying on each other.
JK Simmons stars.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:31 AM
--HA! We must have posted at exactly the same time. I deleted my RTT thread. :happy:

--Super excited about the job interview. Guess I should be being that it’s the first one I’ve gotten. : pbbt: I’m even more interested and excited being that we got word that our health insurance is going to be changing with Iowa’s work. Evidently the premiums have doubled. While we didn’t have to pay more last year over the previous year (the company assumed the increase) our benefits did decrease (deductible went up $700/year for one). Makes this job I’m interviewing all the more attractive. Insurance alone may be worth as much as $8-$10K/year, above and beyond what we potentially could have, for us. :shocker!::cool:

--Iowa went to the doctor yesterday. He sounded like me when he got home.....”That’s the last time I’m going to the doctor. I’m done with doctors”. :laugh: The guy have him some medicine (I think it’s like an acid reflux drug) and told him to watch what he eats.

--Got a message from the race director for this weekends race that they’re watching the weather closely and the race may be canceled. Looking like a wet, wintry mix is headed our way. :meh:

--Got invited to play pickle ball. Never heard of it. Kind of a cross between tennis, racquetball and badminton but with a squishy ball and a few strange rules thrown in. Probably won’t be able to go as they meet on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8 a.m.

--Krystal takes her MBLEX test, or whatever the stupid thing is called, Tuesday. I hope she passes. From what I read only about 50% of new massage graduates are passing the test. Nothing but a revenue ploy.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:37 AM
Haha Pickleball is HUGE here right now
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:51 AM
I'm so excited you got a call for an interview!:cool::cool:

Sucks about the race. I hope the weather clears up:hug: That is so frustrating.

Pickleball:wtf:  I wanna join a 4square team:laugh:

Most state licensing is just a revenue stream. :roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-08 8:36 AM
The MBLEX is the test you have to take nowadays to get your state license. $195 fee for the test. If you don’t pass you have to wait 30 days, pay another $195 and take the test again. Once you have the MBLEX you can apply for your state license. The state requires a business license and a massage therapy license. So, if all goes well she will be out a minimum $550 for all this initial BS. Then you get to donate another couple hundred bucks every two years to renew your licenses. :roll:

The 16th. Keep your fingers crossed. That’s the interview. :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 8:41 AM
keep em crossed for you both!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-08 7:53 AM
Hope the race isn't cancelled (unless you want it to be cancelled LOL)

I've always wanted to try pickleball. I got my parents a set because my mom had some interest in it (she used to play tennis with friends but just cant move anymore). I think it is big in the old people land since it is a smaller court

When is your interview?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-08 12:36 PM
Yea, these are all old people who invited me to play. : pbbt::laugh:

Interview is the 16th at 10:00. :grin: I had to move one of my clients to Thursday. I wasn’t going to not be flexible on the interview time they offered.

Now that Amy took my 25K entry and I’m just running a leg of the relay canceling the race isn’t quite as attractive. : pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:36 AM
~200.0 -3.8 in 3 days

~Might try to run outside today. If I can convince myself I won't be too pissy about all of the snow and ice

~106 days til "Solo" :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

~1st Olympic Event last night? Mixed doubles curling. USA kicked Russia's ass!

~Finally got our ducks in a row and set up our All-Comers Community Track meet. That's gonna be fun!

~Happy National Girls and Women in Sport Day
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-08 7:52 AM
I didn't realize the Olympics had already started:blush: Oh well, will miss it until we return from our trip.

Solo:cool::cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-08 7:54 AM
I'm very confused about events starting before the opening ceremonies - or is that how it always is?  Or is the opening ceremony just a tape delay for us anyway

Running in snow and ice sounds like a bad idea.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / WThursdayF RTTs