Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wake up for the Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 7:52 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 8:03 AM
--Guess who won an Orange Mud buff in the Christmas in July drawing? Yep, this girl. :grin: It’s going to be perfect for keeping the sweat out of my eyes this summer while I’m running around the Bishop Leblond track 200 times. : pbbt:

--My sister had a little skiing mishap. Tore or ruptured her ACL. :cry: She has an MRI today and orthopedic visit on Friday.

--She and the kids are planning to come back next weekend for a week or so. Not sure how this is going to affect her travel plans.

--This town stinks today. Glad I don’t live here anymore. Working here is enough. My whole office reeks. :meh:

--Switched my 25K race entry with my Ironman client. She was registered as part of relay. I’m taking her 5+ mile spot and she’s running the who shebang. It’s supposed to rain Saturday. She’s going to be cussing me. :laugh:

--Signed up for a local 5K on March 17th. There is one of the 24th of this month too but I’m unavailable to do a massage for my Saturday client the next two Saturdays so I kind of wanted to leave that one open in case she is in town.

--I’m pretty much done with Walmart. Quit going to the one where I work and used to live because they treat you like a criminal. Been going to the one closer to where I live now and it has been fine until this weekend when they wouldn’t accept my paper coupons. :wtf: Fine, take the items back. I’m on my way to Aldi’s anyway. I’ll buy my stuff there and give my tax dollars to another town. :mutmad: There isn’t much I need Walmart for. It won’t be hard to eliminate them from my routine.

--I’m going to be one cranky old lady. :laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-07 8:06 AM
Going to be?

bwahahahahahaha
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 8:22 AM
:laugh::mischief::evil:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-07 8:22 AM
My Mom refuses to go to Walmart as well.  She gets a lot of stuff from various dollar stores now.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 8:34 AM
I don’t need much from there. It’s more convenience than anything. Living 50 miles from the Walmart headquarters we are saturated with Walmart. Not many other options in the smaller communities.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-07 10:54 AM
Wouldn't accept coupons? Was it that you had too many of the same coupons or they wouldn't take any at all?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 12:11 PM
I had the coupons on the conveyor belt. When the checker encountered them she asked if they were mine. I said yes and then she sighed and said, “I’m going to have to pull everything out of your bags”. So, we did that and she confirmed that I had purchased everything and the right size, etc. Next thing I know she is telling me she can’t take them because they might be fake and that they’ve had problems. Well, they weren’t fake. Finally, after calling over management they reluctantly agreed to take them, if they would scan. I’m like, whatever doesn’t scan you can have back and I’ll go elsewhere. The cat food did not scan. Cats seem to really like Aldi canned food and it’s cheaper than Walmart---even with a coupon so I find it to be Walmart’s loss and my gain. :evil:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-07 3:03 PM
fake coupons? For like 50 cents off something? wtf.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 3:51 PM
This particular coupon was $1.00 off on a 12 pack or 24 pack of Nine Lives canned food. For whatever reason only about half the coupons I’ve ever taken to Walmart actually scan. They usually have to key them in. Now, they won’t do that. :mutmad:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-07 8:13 AM
~200.4

~Dodged most of the snow, just got barely over an inch. And people are bitching. I"m like, "cheese and rice, just be grateful"

~Primary election yesterday. Everybody screaming at the top of their lungs that we need change. Then less than 10% voted and kept all the incumbents hahahahaha

~I hate Signing Day. I think it's WAY too much emphasis and pressure put on high school sports.

~We are day 38 of the year and 8 different times someone has called in "sick"

~getting tired of the treadmill

~sidewalks and streets MIGHT be clear-ish by the end of next week
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 8:23 AM
Wish I could lose 3 pounds in a day. :blush:

I need to get someone out to service/repair my TM. It’s not working right. :meh: Got a recommendation from some local running girls. Guess I need to give the guy a call.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-07 8:25 AM
2 days  : pbbt:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-07 8:24 AM
Almost under 200.  :grin:  Keep it up! 

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm tired of the treadmill too.  :meh:  That's when you know it's been a long winter.  :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-07 3:04 PM
:shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-07 10:55 AM
I agree, press conferences and hoopla for a kid choosing a college is overdone.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-07 8:38 AM
*My dog is shedding so much.  I swiffered yesterday afternoon.  I already need to again.  Makes me cringe thinking of when we had carpet, how much fur was hiding in there between vacuuming. 

*The dog got the water bucket from outside and was carrying it around the backyard.  :laugh:  It was cute and kind of funny until I realized she later destroyed and ate pieces of it.  :mutmad:

*Another day, another couple inches of snow.  Another school delay.  I need to get to my lake house sooner rather than later.  If I wait until Friday I probably won't be able to get in the driveway without having to shovel.  :meh:  No motivation to go though because I highly doubt they will be visiting the lake any time within the next oh say 3 months. 

*I started another jigsaw puzzle.  Yep, it's winter.  :laugh:

*I'm not looking forward to getting on the treadmill twice again today.  :meh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-07 10:56 AM
I try not to think about how much dog hair there is :laugh:

I wouldn't want to have to shovel to get to a client's house either
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 10:05 AM
I got a job interview!!!!!!!!~ :cool::grin::cool::grin: It’s the one with MU Extension Service. Ridiculously good benefits.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-07 10:20 AM
WOOHOO! Awesome! :cool::cool::cool:
congrats and good luck
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-07 12:49 PM
Good luck!!!!!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-07 10:22 AM
So that was probably the easiest, most painless, dental procedure I've ever had done.:shocker!::grin: I almost fell asleep in it:shocker!: That dentist is a keeper:laugh::hug:

Root canal done......now if the pain blocker would NOT wear off for three days, i'll be good. But she gave me tylenol with codeine.:cool:
:cool::cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-07 11:28 AM
I do love the challenge of drinking coffee out of a straw and only on the left side of my mouth!:laugh:

Oh yeah, Rip is now on percocet to help her sleep through pain. Probably pain for 2-3 days more. :sad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 12:13 PM
Percocet for a kid? :shocker!:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-07 1:39 PM
She was writhing and screaming from pain. It is a tiny dose, liquid form but it was the only thing that touched the pain. I think she only needed it to get to sleep. She slept the whole night after. She hasn't taken anything but motrin today.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-07 3:52 PM
Those toenails do hurt. :cry:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wake up for the Wednesday RTTs