Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tubby Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-06 6:56 AM
Tubby. That’s me. :cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:06 AM
--I’ve tried a few gluten-free and sugar-free recipes but they all suck. The whole craze of this gluten/no carb thing has a bunch a people who don’t know a damn thing about cooking posting recipes. So, I am creating my own. Second time trying to perfect my apple pie muffins and I nearly have it. Flavor and density was spot on. Just need to get a bit more binding agent to hold them together and then they will be perfect.

--I’d say my gluten and sugar consumption has decreased at least by half, probably more, over the past 5-6 weeks. Haven’t seen that reflected on the scale at all. I don’t get it.

--Was looking on line for naturopaths in the area. There are a couple options. Need to seriously look at that option. Would like to find someone who is on board with me in finding the root cause of my issues.

--Iowa is feeling a little better. Going to go to the doctor tomorrow.

--This week was supposed to initiate my every other Thursday off. I have three massages and that’s only because one cancelled. :roll: Maybe in two weeks I’ll get it going.

--Been watching the dweeby Bachelor. :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:11 AM
Take better care of yourself, take those days off dangit
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-06 7:31 AM
You need to practice saying "no, I'm not available on Thursday."  :grin::wink:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:39 AM
I know. Maybe once Krystal is here it will be better. At least if I refer to her it will benefit me. I’m not interested in supporting the other two massage therapists in town with my referrals. :evil:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:58 AM
Iowa:hug::hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-06 10:55 AM
what prompted the gluten-free/no sugar consumption?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-06 12:20 PM
Just want to see if it makes any difference in the inflammation (carpal tunnel/trigger thumb) issues I’ve been having. Weight loss would be a bonus. I’m not being a Nazi about it, but making conscious efforts to eliminate and reduce my consumption as much as possible. Believe it or not, the sugar hasn’t been much of an issue for me.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:07 AM
~That's ME

~202 lbs

~so freaking tired I can't keep my eyes open

~Snow coming this afternoon and tonight :roll:

~not gonna lie, kind of excited for winter olympics.

~ordered me a starter's pistol :grin: it's been shipped

~c'mon spring training
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-06 7:32 AM
I'm excited for the olympics as well.  :grin:

Snow every day this week here.  :roll:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:53 AM
I can't wait for curling:cool::cool:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-06 8:58 AM
Curling is sort of addictive to watch. Olympics is the only time I ever hear or see anything about it.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-06 10:56 AM
more snow? didn't you guys just get hit with a bunch or was that just a prediction for this storm?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-06 11:06 AM
We didn't get much before just enough to make things a little slick.

not a ton coming just 2-4 inches

just enough to be a pain in the ass
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-06 11:29 AM
That's about what we are supposed to get. 

Every day this week.  :cry:  Except Thursday when it ups to 6 inches.  :cry::cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:20 AM
Root canal scheduled for 730 tomorrow. Thought I was good. X-rays show tooth abscess. Great. Another $800.

Spent 4 hours in Urgent Care last night with Ripley. Sitting around a bunch of flu. Great. Got the nail cut out. Definitely glad we went because it was a huge chunk of nail. Got home at 8. Both of us in bed at 830. Pain block wore off and we spent the rest of the night until 3am trying to get her pain down to where she could stop crying and sleep. Yeah. So I got 2 hours of sleep. Q came and is staying with her until he goes to work at 3.

Back at work.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-06 7:33 AM
:cry::cry:

:hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:39 AM
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:34 AM
hang in there
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:40 AM
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-06 9:02 AM
Hopefully they put some stuff on the nail bed so the nail won’t attach to that area anymore and get ingrown.

The other night in ER there was one other person waiting. There were probably 75 chairs. This woman walks out with her two kids, one of who is wearing a mask and coughing his head off. She sits down right next to me and the sick kid sits on the other side of her. :wtf: Then, she leans over me and plugs her phone in the outlet. :mutmad: Uh, no. I picked up my stuff and relocated. I didn’t need whatever it was the kid had.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 10:04 AM
Ew. How rude! Personal space, especially during flu season!:mutmad:

Well, it would help if Rip would stop Rippin' her nails off.:mutmad:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-06 10:57 AM
Rough day/night :cry::cry:  you can't catch a break
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 11:06 AM
10 bucks my car breaks down within a month. I'm so paranoid every time I drive lately. I can just feel it.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-06 7:28 AM
*Yesterday they called a 2 hour school delay.  The roads were plowed wide and nearly snow free. This morning the roads are crap, we got twice as much snow, and no delay.  :roll:

*I went to bed before 9 last night.  :blush:  I just have to get rid of this migraine.  Nothing is urgent today so today is a self care day first. Although other than hydrating well and getting more sleep, I don't know what else I can do to make this go away.  :cry:

*Our annual church fund raiser dinner was Saturday.  That was probably the worst it's ever gone.  It was fine, but super stressful.  We had probably 50 people come very early, before food was ready, about 30 minutes before our advertised serve time.  And then we nearly ran out of food.  We had to send people to the grocery store while there were people in line to buy more food.   And one person who was supposed to both help and bring 2 dishes didn't show up.  She ended up in the hospital, so for good reason, but still left us scrambling a lot.  I'm sure it's no coincidence the headache started Saturday.

*Stupid snow.  Stupid cold weather.  Stupid winter. 

*Less than 1 month until vacation!  :grin:

*My Dad isn't bowling any more and called his part time on call job to tell them he wouldn't be working again until after his knee replacement.  He said Saturday he'd have the surgery today if he could.  :sad:  When he couldn't bowl any more, then i knew he's really in a lot of pain.  Nothing gets in the way of his bowling.  He still has 2 weeks before surgery.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:34 AM
yes winter is STUPID
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:40 AM
When will he be able to have the surgery?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-06 7:52 AM
It's scheduled for the 21st.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:53 AM
That isn't too far out. Good for him making the decision!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-02-06 7:59 AM
Winter is stupid. And so are migraines:cry::cry::cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-02-06 9:02 AM
Is this the Utah vacation?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-02-06 2:18 PM
Yes. I already have my National Park pass. :cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-02-06 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear about the stress, that does sound bad. wtf on people coming 30 min early??

focus on vacation!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tubby Tuesday RTTs